The Brethren Court
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWS for Pirates 5 "Dead Men Tell No Tales" [WARNING] may contain spoilers

+35
Belladonna
White Ocean
Cap.cristianSparrow
BrandtFX
Captain Jack Sparrow 478
marnibal
fernandosegurajack
bpearl
Mondas42
ianshaddow
Blade Savvy
Bilge Rat
HIGH5orDIE
Indy Magnoli
thecbstudio
irish1995
Razorwid
Pistol
liarr
Captain EJ
Dutchman
Banditxx1
Jackofdiamonds
FleetStreetNightmare
micks75au
turner91
jack o fan
iJackSparrow
CJSFan
BroadSword
Mojo Turbo
Mrs. Captain Jack Sparrow
Capn_Jack_Savvy
Jinkxed Jack
Sparrowed
39 posters

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

NEWS for Pirates 5 "Dead Men Tell No Tales" [WARNING] may contain spoilers - Page 3 Empty Re: NEWS for Pirates 5 "Dead Men Tell No Tales" [WARNING] may contain spoilers

Post  micks75au Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:21 pm

I'm hoping we don't get to many more changes to the costume that involve obscure and hard to source materials.
micks75au
micks75au
Bilge Swiller

Back to top Go down

NEWS for Pirates 5 "Dead Men Tell No Tales" [WARNING] may contain spoilers - Page 3 Empty Re: NEWS for Pirates 5 "Dead Men Tell No Tales" [WARNING] may contain spoilers

Post  FleetStreetNightmare Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:54 pm

I think a lot of the Jacks would be willing to agree with that. It's difficult to keep up with the updates Razz
I'm still surprised by the few Jacks who were fully updated in time for the OST premiere. How did they get their updates so quickly?
FleetStreetNightmare
FleetStreetNightmare
Mate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparrowed Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:31 pm

Seal of approval from JD

MM: The fifth “Pirates” movie is now scheduled to open on July 10, 2015. How are you feeling about where you’re at with the next “Pirates”?

JB: I think we have a terrific story. We're working with the screenwriter right now named Jeff Nathanson [“Catch Me If You Can”]. So, we're very excited about where we're at. We've pitched the story to Johnny who liked it a lot. So far, so good.

Entire interview:
http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/exclusive-lone-ranger-super-bowl-sneak-peek-161249557.html
Sparrowed
Sparrowed
Strumpet
Strumpet

Location : At some sort of high toned and fancy to do up at the Fort

http://pinterest.com/sparrowedx/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jackofdiamonds Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:28 pm

Capn_Jack_Savvy wrote:We wants Cotton and his parrot..... we wants Ragetti.......... we wants Pintel........... we wants Marty ................. we wants Ana Maria ..........we wants Giselle ............... we wants The Redhead, Scarlett!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then what you want is P1-3, I'd like to see a lot of new and different stuff maybe even Jack passing the torch as it were eventually.

JackofDiamonds
Jackofdiamonds
Scoundrel

Back to top Go down

Post  Capn_Jack_Savvy Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:28 pm

I don't think Depp will ever pass the torch as Captain Jack Sparrow. I don't even see prequels. After he decides to stop making Pirates movies I will still be happy! Just want to see previous pirates make a reappearance in the next film since they were part of the original crew. We saw the Monkey and Mr. Cotton's Parrot so I would think Mr. Cotton is not too far behind somewhere (unable to speak)!
Capn_Jack_Savvy
Capn_Jack_Savvy
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  CJSFan Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:20 pm

Capn_Jack_Savvy wrote:
Jackofdiamonds wrote:
Capn_Jack_Savvy wrote:We wants Cotton and his parrot..... we wants Ragetti.......... we wants Pintel........... we wants Marty ................. we wants Ana Maria ..........we wants Giselle ............... we wants The Redhead, Scarlett!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then what you want is P1-3, I'd like to see a lot of new and different stuff maybe even Jack passing the torch as it were eventually.
I don't think Depp will ever pass the torch as Captain Jack Sparrow. I don't even see prequels. After he decides to stop making Pirates movies I will still be happy! Just want to see previous pirates make a reappearance in the next film since they were part of the original crew. We saw the Monkey and Mr. Cotton's Parrot so I would think Mr. Cotton is not too far behind somewhere (unable to speak)!

JackofDiamonds[/quote]
I agree with most of these.

Regarding Capn Jack Savvy's post: The crew of the Black Pearl returning is out in the open right now...but it's very likely given the fans' reactions. Pintel and Ragetti should at least return; I've said before that they were originally considered to be in OST - as per the written words of Terry Rossio himself. Scarlett and Giselle should definitely have some cameo...just LOVE those wenches Surprised , plus they're practically a part of the franchise now as they appeared in Tales of the Code: Wedlocked. Anamaria, well...I can understand the character's popularity, I'm neutral on if she'll return. Unlike some characters who shouldn't really have a huge chance of returning(*coughs* Will and Elizabeth), I'd be ok with her return but I don't see how they'll work it out without since Anamaria said she hated filming in the Caribbean, or something along those lines. Either she'd have to work in a pub and stay in a pub, or the character has to be recast...personally, I rather leave the character alone as I don't like recastings.

Regarding Jackofdiamonds' post: Ever since I saw that OST, visually was different than 1-3, I like the idea of further sequels being different and as standalone as possible. However, I disagree that the torch of being Captain Jack should EVER happen, except for cases like video games and such(which they've done too much already) Plus the majority of fans support the idea of having the Black Pearl crew return, so it's highly possible they'll come back...not saying it's gonna happen, but it's probable.

My opinion regarding further POTC, possibly without Depp, God forbid...
I do worry about a post-Depp POTC. What will happen when the era of Mr. Depp as Captain Jack is out of the picture(i.e. what will happen if he ends up done, or worse... Crying or Very sad) And rather than go through the joy of seeing a reboot with a recast of Jack and co.(and I'm using the term "joy" VERY loosely), I rather see a reboot of the franchise with completely new characters. It can be placed in the same universe(maybe in a placement of "what happened while Jack was sailing to Isla de Muerta?"), but I don't want Jack, Barbossa or any big-named, bad-booty or popular character in the storyline aside from a possible cameo.
Honestly, if it's done right, I wouldn't mind seeing it...but if it's a reboot of Jack and co., I'm out - I don't care if it's needed, Depp is Captain Jack and I loathe recasting roles to different actors except on rare occasions where it was good(i.e. Michael Gambon as Dumbledore Twisted Evil). But when it comes to considering a reboot(or even a Captain Jack-less POTC), knowing how people react to these things, I'm sure they'd opt out the idea...especially if Depp's out.
All I'm saying is, if Depp ever leaves the main character seat of POTC(and he will at some point), I'd rather let Captain Jack's tales die with his leaving...maybe bring in a new character. Heck, they're probably to do that with Star Wars VII, if Luke and Leia weren't coming back - being "original stories and all".
CJSFan
CJSFan
Landlubber

http://pirates.wikia.com/wiki/User:J_Fan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jackofdiamonds Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:47 am

Yeah, Depp IS Captain Jack and there can be no other in THAT role but he is not the only pirate in the Caribbean and I think perhaps it wasn't prudent for Disney to let him become the major symbol of the franchise and eventually the ride. That sort of locks them into a mold they probably can never break away from but maybe that was their intent and they wish not to break from it ever?

Jackofdiamonds
Jackofdiamonds
Scoundrel

Back to top Go down

Post  Mojo Turbo Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:41 am

Walt Disney Studios has announced that a fifth "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie is set for release on July 10, 2015. Johnny Depp will return as Captain Jack Sparrow and Jeff Nathanson is working on the screenplay. The Jerry Bruckheimer production currently is without a director, but one would assume Rob Marshall, who helmed the critically panned "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides," will not return.

The new "Pirates" movie is setting Disney up for a huge 2015. The studio has already revealed it plans to release the first of three new "Star Wars" films and "The Avengers 2" during that same summer.

Mojo Turbo
Mojo Turbo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

http://www.jacksparrowcostuming.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  CJSFan Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:26 am

Slight update - though it's more of a non-update, as it technically has known...well, knowledge.
Anyhow, someone came to me and said that Wordplay had updated résumé of Ted and Terry, though in this case it affects Terry. Here's what it says word-for-word, and bolded text is the added/revised info(everything else was already there)...
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 5 -- (Shard screenplay with Jeff Nathanson) Distributed by: Disney Studios. Executive Producers: Mike Stenson, Chad Oman, Terry Rossio. Produced by: Jerry Bruckheimer. July 10, 2015
Here is the link for those who wish to see it for themselves.

Anyway, to give my opinion, I'm sticking to the likelihood that Jeff Nathanson was brought in to assist with the script - a belief I had since Nathanson was hired - considering the fact that Terry always had a writing partner. That seemed to make sense with Ted Elliott having left. And given that "shared screenplay" was used sorta supports it, but seems a bit early to know for sure. It depends on what Nathanson was actually doing - either working from Terry's draft or doing a page-one rewrite - which in truth is unclear at the moment. Suspect

However...in reality, of course, everything is technically considered speculation for the time being. Bear in mind, according to current facts, all that is (and should be) known regarding this particular subject is that Nathanson was hired and is now involved in the screenwriting process. The only slight ray of hope I can provide is that no official sources say that Terry's out of the project as of yet. Either way, if P5 goes forward, I'd assuming Terry would still be involved but as one of the exec producers, as he was for On Stranger Tides.
CJSFan
CJSFan
Landlubber

Back to top Go down

Post  Mojo Turbo Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:03 am

wow - great non-update. Thanks
Mojo Turbo
Mojo Turbo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparrowed Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:15 pm

I can't really call this news, and I've never heard of "Stv" the site I read this on...But since there isn't a P5 rumor/speculation thread to my knowledge, I'm going to post this here. skull crosbones 3

NEWS for Pirates 5 "Dead Men Tell No Tales" [WARNING] may contain spoilers - Page 3 Orlando-bloom-greeted-by-fans-at-airport-in-istanbul

Costumed welcome for Orlando Bloom in Istanbul

Istanbul's Ataturk Airport was thronging with young women on Tuesday, all waiting for the arrival of film star Orlando Bloom.

The 36-year-old actor is in Turkey to film a commercial for an ice cream brand and looked slightly bemused as he made his way through the arrivals section to be greeted by a horde of costumed fans.

Many of the young Turkish ladies who had turned up to greet their heartthrob had dressed up for the occasion, celebrating his two most celebrated movies as either elves or pirate wenches.

The Pirates of the Caribbean star stopped to sign autographs and pose for photos for the assembled teens, beneath a handwritten sign which read “Turkey Loves Orlando!”

Bloom was quoted by the Hurriyet Daily News as saying about the advert: “I am very happy about the collaboration. I am in Turkey for the first time and very excited.

“I have always wanted to come to Istanbul as I have heard many good things about this place. I want to visit Sultanahmet and the historic peninsula.”

The fans gathered for his arrival will no doubt be glad to hear that Orlando is due to reprise both his famous fantasy roles – as Legolas in The Hobbit: There and Back Again and Will Turner in Pirates of the Caribbean 5. Both films are set to be released in 2015.
http://shows.stv.tv/scottish-passport/celebrities-on-holiday/218511-costumed-welcome-for-orlando-bloom-in-istanbul/
Sparrowed
Sparrowed
Strumpet
Strumpet

Back to top Go down

Post  CJSFan Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:58 pm

Nothing personal, but I hope this isn't true.
Otherwise...
CJSFan
CJSFan
Landlubber

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparrowed Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:25 pm

^^^ Laughing Laughing Laughing
Sparrowed
Sparrowed
Strumpet
Strumpet

Back to top Go down

Post  Capn_Jack_Savvy Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:41 am

Luke's daddy feels the SAME way!!!!
Capn_Jack_Savvy
Capn_Jack_Savvy
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Mojo Turbo Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:18 am

I heard Pirates 4 didnt do as well in the box office as they hoped so if Legolas can help drive ticket sales - then so be it
Mojo Turbo
Mojo Turbo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparrowed Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:25 am

I like Will Turner... I love you
Sparrowed
Sparrowed
Strumpet
Strumpet

Back to top Go down

Post  Mojo Turbo Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:29 am

SEE! If Will is in the movie that means, less dorks in the audience and more babes.

Laughing
Mojo Turbo
Mojo Turbo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  CJSFan Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:15 am

Eh, I suppose it makes sense. Still, if it's not already apparent, bringing Will back is literally the last thing I'd want for P5...Ok, next to last thing - Orlando Bloom is one thing but I draw the line at Rob Pattinson, Zac Efron, and of course the Joe Bros. Evil or Very Mad
CJSFan
CJSFan
Landlubber

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparrowed Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:41 am

Again...(at the end of the article)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2297831/Orlando-Bloom-sees-sights-Istanbul-makes-slight-faux-pas-forgets-remove-footwear-mosque.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

CJSFan wrote:Eh, I suppose it makes sense. Still, if it's not already apparent, bringing Will back is literally the last thing I'd want for P5...Ok, next to last thing - Orlando Bloom is one thing but I draw the line at Rob Pattinson, Zac Efron, and of course the Joe Bros. Evil or Very Mad

NEWS for Pirates 5 "Dead Men Tell No Tales" [WARNING] may contain spoilers - Page 3 Oasnzc

NEWS for Pirates 5 "Dead Men Tell No Tales" [WARNING] may contain spoilers - Page 3 314pfg6

AGREED! NO RP, NO ZE, and NO JB's! Laughing

NEWS for Pirates 5 "Dead Men Tell No Tales" [WARNING] may contain spoilers - Page 3 3750907-397116-thumb-down-icon-as-no-sign-isolated
Sparrowed
Sparrowed
Strumpet
Strumpet

Back to top Go down

Post  Capn_Jack_Savvy Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:45 pm

Yeah bringing Orlando Bloom back to Pirates 5 may help the box office profits. POTC 4 didn't do very well only making a measly $1 billion dollars world wide.

I can guarantee you that Orlando Bloom will bring the box office profits up to at least $1.5 billion dollars for POTC 5!!!! Jolly Roger
Capn_Jack_Savvy
Capn_Jack_Savvy
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  CJSFan Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:48 pm

As far as I'm concerned, Orlando returning is only a rumor based on his interest of returning and the supposed statement "Will Turner's story may not be over"(which I was told to be a fabrication). But only time will tell, I suppose. Suspect

And on a slightly off-topic note, thanks Sparrowed for making me blind and def! Shocked
CJSFan
CJSFan
Landlubber

Back to top Go down

Post  Mojo Turbo Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:17 pm

from Perez Hilton

Johnny Depp will make $75M for the fifth installment of Pirates of the Caribbean …supposedly.
Nothing's official, of course. But sources do say:
"Johnny is being very careful he does not sign on for too many films. This huge deal for Pirates means he will be able to pick his other roles very carefully on the strength of their script rather than their salary."
Gotta make enough for the kiddos!
…and can we be real for a second??
You know we love Depperz! LOVE HIM!! And we love Pirates!
But can the 5th one pUH-lease be better than 4th??? Ha!
Mojo Turbo
Mojo Turbo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Mojo Turbo Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:11 am

Fan made poster

http://media.moddb.com/images/groups/1/4/3717/pirates_of_the_caribbean_5_imax_poster_by_scorpionsoldier-d5ojr6i.jpg

ha ha Laughing (and Jude Law as "Jolly Roger") I don't know if I am excited about Jennifer Tilly either
Mojo Turbo
Mojo Turbo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Capn_Jack_Savvy Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:32 am

Jennifer Tilly and Jude Law? WTH? Shocked
Capn_Jack_Savvy
Capn_Jack_Savvy
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Mojo Turbo Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:59 pm

Jennifer Tilly is going to be a Pirate Princess named "Treasure Chest"

NEWS for Pirates 5 "Dead Men Tell No Tales" [WARNING] may contain spoilers - Page 3 Jennifer-tilly-wallpaper-1320061780

Here is the official news story on her cameo: http://tinyurl.com/395w9a
Mojo Turbo
Mojo Turbo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next