The Brethren Court
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Angelica Teach ( Film style ) Costume Build

+24
Captain Jack Sparrow 478
TomSparrow
jacksadventures
Baroness
Lawrence252
Mrs. Captain Jack Sparrow
BroadSword
capt.J.j.sparrow
Maui512
Jodo
Capt Jag
pinder91
Rha-Shee
Lunesca
bpearl
Sparrowed
Cap.cristianSparrow
TheCursed
callmemilo
Capn_Jack_Savvy
neojacksparrow
Mojo Turbo
Captain McCool
aelyn000
28 posters

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down

Angelica Teach ( Film style ) Costume Build Empty Angelica Teach ( Film style ) Costume Build

Post  aelyn000 Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:45 pm

So instead of posting any and all under the contest thread, thought I'd just make a new one for all of our movie style costume WIPs.

I just spent countless hours doing this, and it's not even perfect. I have no idea how to use the guides and rulers in photoshop. Heck, I hardly even know how to use photoshop. So I just eyeballed most of it... and now to attempt to draw the big paisley. I just need to do ONE successfully! Then I can copy and paste and colour and repeat! And yes, upon success, it will be posted publicly for anyone who likes it enough to want to use it for whatever they want!!

Angelica Teach ( Film style ) Costume Build Paisleysmcopy

If anyone knows how to line things up perfectly, let me know and I'll send the large file to you to clean up. Otherwise, I'm just hoping the big paisleys will hide most of the error. >_>
aelyn000
aelyn000
Strumpet
Strumpet

Back to top Go down

Angelica Teach ( Film style ) Costume Build Empty Re: Angelica Teach ( Film style ) Costume Build

Post  Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:03 pm

Nice job aelyn... Are the little paisleys really green and red? They look gold to me...??
If you look at the poster you can see the paisley petal (leaf, flower, drop ... Whatever it's called)

Angelica Teach ( Film style ) Costume Build 9afddd1b

Direction of the paisley
Angelica Teach ( Film style ) Costume Build C7046d6e

Back to top Go down

Angelica Teach ( Film style ) Costume Build Empty Re: Angelica Teach ( Film style ) Costume Build

Post  aelyn000 Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:05 pm

I found bigger and betterer resources!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lorenjavier/5604819287/ >D

( courtesy of the posts over at KTTC. Haha! )

Right click and select original size to view them FULLLLL SIZE!
aelyn000
aelyn000
Strumpet
Strumpet

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:30 pm

Wow! GREAT FIND aelyn! A handful of doubloons for ye!

Too bad you couldn't print the pic, block out a square section of the paisley, blow it up to exact proportions, then print it and send that to Spoonflower or whoever you're going with. Saves time trying to draw it.

Back to top Go down

Post  aelyn000 Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:49 pm

Yeah, still too pixelated for that... that, and there's a SLIGHT ripple or angle in all of the photos that prevents that idea from working... yes. I already tried. Haha!

I said someone needs to go there and ask her to hold her vest straight out and take a nice hi res pic of it. LOL

anyways, I quickly drew up a big paisley... it needs a lot of cleaning up and detailing and even after all that, it's still going to look a little rough around the edges ( again, cause I'm a photoshop n00b ) but I think/hope it will still look closer than anything else ( thats available to us, anyways... I know others have closer designs but you know how it is ).

Here's a pic of an early draft.

Angelica Teach ( Film style ) Costume Build Pais333
aelyn000
aelyn000
Strumpet
Strumpet

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:07 pm

You've got it aelyn...that's heave ho good!

You and Acme are the first to get the design done!

Congrats to you!!

Edit...I didn't write "heave ho" good. I wrote
d@mn good!

Last edited by Sparrowed on Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added edit)

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain McCool Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:52 pm

As much as I find the printed paisley vest annoying (printing of this kind was sooooo not around back then), I really have to hand it to you, you're doing an amazing job at recreating this!

And again, that photo was an awesome find! It proves that you Angelica girls are really on the right track when it comes to the design of the vest, and really her whole costume overall. In fact, I'm already quite sure your hats will be better than the Disneyland girl's.

And although I have griped about her costume a lot, I must admit, I am totally in love with her baldric. I really kinda' just want to go to Disneyland and see how far I could get after snatching it off the actress... probably not far, haha. Flippin' beautiful piece of workmanship - both in the movie, and for the ride version. I'm curious whether ACME will start selling repro buckles and hardware for that.
Captain McCool
Captain McCool
Pirate King
Pirate King

http://www.piratesofillrepute.org

Back to top Go down

Post  aelyn000 Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:42 am

Thanks Capt. McC!

I've seen ACME's sculpted some bits and pieces for Ange...which look great. Can't wait to see his finished product. I also saw his recreation of the pattern which is far cleaner than mine, which I wouldn't expect any less... but I can't really afford anything that the 'big guys' produce. And I know a lot of us can't. But seeing that he recreated it, I thought I'd give it a shot and hoped for the best. I think it turned out well! Good enough for me anyways. It still needs some tweaking but here are the colours it has right now and a better idea for how it will look completed! I do plan on spacing out those jellybeans a bit more so it's not so busy in the background.

Angelica Teach ( Film style ) Costume Build Paisd

I also plan on posting the full size image publicly ( it's HUGE!!! I wasn't sure how big custom printing places needed it... so I just made it monstrous. Easier to edit details too when drawing with a mouse. Neutral ) for anyone who wants to custom print it, but I am hoping to get a few ladies interested in a bulk order for rush production so we can have it for the movie. Smile If anyone is interested, please let me know!

PS: It's also done with just the pencil tool in photoshop, so with the monster file, anyone can open it up in there and just click to fill to change the colours to whatever they'd like. Want a goth rock hot pink and black paisley vest? Be my guest! XD
aelyn000
aelyn000
Strumpet
Strumpet

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:27 am

Outstanding aelyn! What a Face All your hard work will surely get you the prize and crown you the winner of the AT contest! Kudos! cheers cheers cheers

You should try the OST vest design next!! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Mojo Turbo Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:15 am

amazing talent here!
Mojo Turbo
Mojo Turbo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

http://www.jacksparrowcostuming.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  aelyn000 Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:46 am

Sparrowed, I just might do jacks pattern too...of course it wouldn't be embroidered but I'm sure I could play around with some effects to make it look textured...I wonder if there would be any more interest in this??? I think it would be a great, affordable alternative. What say you?
aelyn000
aelyn000
Strumpet
Strumpet

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:16 am

Most definitely! I'd buy some!
I have Acmes and I am buying SMW's too. I need to compare the two because Acmes is very dark. I need to figure out which fabric Ill be using for the bustle and which for the corset. With that said, Id still be up for your print if you decide to make it...It could make a nice frock coat, a nice alternative for a wench, eh?
AYE!! Go for it says I!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  aelyn000 Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:55 pm

Ok.

I think I've had enough working on the paisley. I'm a photoshop n00b and costuming novice and as much as I love accuracy, I have to stay on a budget and I'm frustrated enough with this stupid part of the costume so I think this will have to do!!! It's kinda sketchy, having drawn it with a mouse...but I think the overall effect should be quite good... especially for $16 that it costs to have it printed.

Thoughts?

Angelica Teach ( Film style ) Costume Build Pais-1

up close ( I added a 'canvas' texture just for kicks Laughing )

Angelica Teach ( Film style ) Costume Build Prs2

Thoughts/suggestions? Though I'm kind of beyond the suggestions... since I had to do so much rescaling it made it more pixelated and therefore a pain in the butt to change colours and details. UGH. But I definitely added a lot more detail from my first run thanks to some MASSIVE park pics I came across... still too pixelated/blurry to do a direct copy/paste/print. Believe me. I tried. LOL

edit: I will be cleaning up the tiny floater pixels that are the dark teal in places they shouldn't be.
aelyn000
aelyn000
Strumpet
Strumpet

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain McCool Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:10 pm

I really have to say, I am downright amazed with your efforts here. You keep talking about how "sketchy" it is, but I honestly don't see it as sketchy in the slightest. This looks like totally professional work to my eye. And this is coming from a guy who doesn't even really like the fabric. Regardless of my feelings about the original design, your efforts to reproduce it have been ridiculously impressive, and you have my total respect. Bravo!
Captain McCool
Captain McCool
Pirate King
Pirate King

Back to top Go down

Post  Mojo Turbo Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:10 pm

Im with him...
Mojo Turbo
Mojo Turbo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  neojacksparrow Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:12 pm

Shocked This doesn't look sketchy AT ALL!!!!!!
neojacksparrow
neojacksparrow
Harbour Hog

Back to top Go down

Post  aelyn000 Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:45 pm

Ah! Thanks, guys. ;_; After 3 days of eye and neck pain and literally breaking a sweat from frustration, it's so nice to hear your comments. Just to clarify, I didn't mean sketchy like the guy who walks down the street picking up spare change for beer who may or may not have a birdsnest in his hair type sketchy, but illustration-wise. I'm so new to actually illustrating in Photoshop that I can't even use the line or pen tool properly to create straight, clean lines so it has a very freehand look to it ( which it is ). But again, thanks so much for all of your comments and support! I'm really looking forward to seeing how it prints out! Better than any 'close enough' I can find around here and that's good enough for me! I love you

The sample is on its way! Then I can do any necessary colour adjustments and get that rush order in!! *Excited*
aelyn000
aelyn000
Strumpet
Strumpet

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain McCool Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:03 pm

Yeah, I knew what you meant, and I still think it looks better than sketchy Smile

Sure, the lines may not all be absolutely straight and perfect (although to my eye they're pretty dang close) - but look at a lot of those paisley prints out there and you may notice that not all of them are either. And personally, though I consider myself a very passable visual artist (which reminds me, I should post some of my "drawrings" sometime), I KNOW I couldn't have done half as well with a compute mouse. I'm complete bollocks at mouse drawing, so this is even more impressive to me for that reason.
Captain McCool
Captain McCool
Pirate King
Pirate King

Back to top Go down

Post  aelyn000 Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:36 am

I'VE DONE IT!!!!

I re did it... AGAIN!

Okay, not all of it...just the inside of the paisleys...there was just too much yellow... AND I LOVE IT NOW!

Before I liked it but there was a feeling of... ugh... I can do better. AND I DID! And I'm SO HAPPY now! *O*

ENJOY THE FINAL RESULT!

Angelica Teach ( Film style ) Costume Build Paisleymaster

Ok, I lied. Still not done...gotta get rid of those rebel pixels and re-align it for the tiling on the print... but alas! All teensy weensy details that won't rot my brain! cheers

Changed the tan paisley to more of an orange... like/dislike? On the SUPER LARGE photos from DW, it definitely seems brighter...and I think on fabric it will print a bit more dull anyways.

I AM A PAISLEY MASTER! I feel like deserve a ribbon or tiara or something.

In other news, my cat just picked up a piece of Jacks bone dangle that I sculpted and now it is covered in spit and needs to be re-shapen... scratch
aelyn000
aelyn000
Strumpet
Strumpet

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:37 pm

Aelyn, I'm in for some of this magnificent paisley! Arr you thinking of a combined order, or arrrr we on our own? pirat

I got the swatchbooks back from Shylaah today.

Back to top Go down

Post  aelyn000 Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:35 pm

Here's the newest...and I think final final one. I'm still thinking of changing the spacing, however, so that they are closer together to eliminate that column-y look when it's tiled.

Angelica Teach ( Film style ) Costume Build Paisley1

Comparison ( cause I'm proud and wanna show off ):

MAYBE thinking of turning the red to have more of a pink tone? But anyways, I was just comparing the detail here! Very Happy

Angelica Teach ( Film style ) Costume Build Paiscomp

I'm also wondering what everyones opinion is on the background of the print. Up until now I had thought it was very dark green but in these DW photos they it looks almost black. I think black would really make the costume 'blah'-y...so I might stick with a green or blue hue...all of the dolls and action figures are coloured. I'm wondering if Disney just replicated the fabric and it printed dark...in which case, mine might also print 'almost' black. Gotta get that swatch!

Also, the real paisley in the picture is on a fold, hence the funny sharp edged top. Mine's not the wrong shape! Laughing

Sparrowed, I'm so happy you're interested! I'm so excited to help everyone out with this and I'm so glad it turned out this well. I'm thinking we'll be best off to order separate. I'm up in Canada so I'd have to pay for rush int'l ( I could send it to my bro's across the river but I want it in my hands ASAP ! ) shipping and then ship int'l back to all y'all down there in the US which doesn't really make a lot of sense. The bulk order discount is only for orders of 20y or more and with that much, the rush print/shipping is about $100. Neutral

Oh, and as far as fabric goes ( if those are the swatches she has ) I'm just going with the regular cotton myself. I don't want any sheen to it and voile is VERY lightweight. ... and cotton is the cheapest. Very Happy
aelyn000
aelyn000
Strumpet
Strumpet

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:27 pm

PM 'n you now.

Back to top Go down

Post  aelyn000 Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:21 pm

Ok.

I AM DONE with the paisley.

It made me cry tonight because my Photoshop kept NOT saving all of the adjustments I did every time I closed it and reopened it and after redoing the same things a trillion times, I just can't handle looking at it anymore.

I hope it's okay for anyone who wants to use it and I apologize in advance for any minor errors that show up on the print. Hopefully they are too small for the human eye to notice.

Angelica Teach ( Film style ) Costume Build Final

THE FINAL image for repeat tiling on the print. And I MEAN IT this time! I already ordered mine ( expected April 27 ) so this is IT.

Sending the email out to everyone who requested the full scale image for printing in the next day or two when I've gathered up all the emails and my computer isn't being so glitchy.
aelyn000
aelyn000
Strumpet
Strumpet

Back to top Go down

Post  Mojo Turbo Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:28 pm

Brilliant work - par excellence!
Mojo Turbo
Mojo Turbo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  aelyn000 Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:39 pm

Even the colours of the droplets and the order they run in vertically, horizontally and diagonally are all accurate. Neutral *insert icon for head a-splosion here*

The paisleys don't sit on top of them quite where they should 'cause the spacing is inaccurate but.. WHO THE HECK IS GOING TO NOTICE THAT~?!

ps. .Thank you!

pps. Thank you everyone for your support and appreciation of this project. All of the frustration is worth it if even one or two of you can find use and enjoyment in your costuming by using this print.

Oh, and you only get to use it on the condition that you post pictures of you in it afterwards!!! Very Happy
aelyn000
aelyn000
Strumpet
Strumpet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next