The Brethren Court
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My take on Angelica Teach concept costume :)

4 posters

Go down

My take on Angelica Teach concept costume :) Empty My take on Angelica Teach concept costume :)

Post  SFTailoring Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:36 am

My take on Angelica Teach concept costume :) Angeli12

Sorry I've been away for so long! I was caught up in crazy hectic hours first working in the tailoring department at an Opera House, where I worked for over 5 years. I quit, and went freelance. My first job as a freelancer was cutting and making mens costumes for Cinderella at Pinewood Studios ( new Disney production, its out in 2015 )- hours were VERY long!
I've finished that now, so have a bit of time to focus on catching up on Jack orders, projects, and general online chit chat!! Girl Skull 

My take on Angelica Teach concept costume :) Img_2121

I used a dark cherry red leather for the coat- the turnbacks and binding are the same leather, just the wrong side..

My take on Angelica Teach concept costume :) Img_2122

The chemise is an embroidered cotton- with drawstring at the neck, and a split in the front and back. I put pleats under the bust, to make it sit a bit flatter under the corsets, as sometimes it can be a bit sore when you've got all the gathered fabric shoved under a very tightly laced corset. You can see the line of where I've broken it down when I was wearing the corset hehe.
Most people assume that this part of the costume is a waistcoat. If it was a waistcoat, it wouldn't be worn under the corset- and chemises were made this length anyway, its just not tucked in :)And has a few more details to it.
My take on Angelica Teach concept costume :) Img_2119

Coat has working pleats (like Jacks), and a slit in the sleeves, where the chemise can poke out. I bound down the seam to finish it off nicely, and it overlaps slightly where the buttons are sewn on.. The belt could do with a bit of breaking down still, I didn't get around to that...

My take on Angelica Teach concept costume :) Img_2118
My take on Angelica Teach concept costume :) Img_2117

My take on Angelica Teach concept costume :) Img_2116
The cuffs I did quite close fitting, and the braid on it I Crocheted, I couldn't find one in a colour or width I was happy with, so I just got some plain white crochet cotton, and dyed the pieces after they were finished..
My take on Angelica Teach concept costume :) Img_2114
My take on Angelica Teach concept costume :) Img_2113

I did a little bit of hand decoration on the top of the corset. This fabric I love, my mum bought it for me at a market in Russia, and brought it with her when she came to visit. Its definitely a one off piece! And goes great with the leather.. As well as boning, I put some channels in the corset and pulled piping through it, this is a historical technique, and they used it to stiffen panels on parts of the corset which went around the body, where steel boning wouldn't bend. It flattens everything out, and adds a great texture to it. You can do it in different thicknesses of piping, but I just used a tiny one..

My take on Angelica Teach concept costume :) Img_2112
My take on Angelica Teach concept costume :) Img_2111My take on Angelica Teach concept costume :) Img_2124

The buttonholes, being a leather coat, hand to be hand bound. Its basically like doing a TINY tailored double jet pocket. ALOT of work, but worth it!!

My take on Angelica Teach concept costume :) Img_2125

The hat speaks for itself! I had a wonderful talented milliner make it for me. She makes hats for a variety of films- she did all Keira's hats for the Dutchess for instance, she is a very talented amazing and lovely lady. She hand made everything, the base of the hat was just strips of straw, which she somehow linked together, my favourite part of the costume (the only part I didn't do Laughing  )

My take on Angelica Teach concept costume :) Img_2126
My take on Angelica Teach concept costume :) Img_2127

I didn't make any breeches, because between the boots and the long chemise, you barely see them! I just wore a pair of black leggings. Easier to go to the loo. I got a pair of grey boots with massive turn downs, and made some gaiters to go over, but forgot to take a pic. I will take one and post soon. As usual, I made all my own bespoke tailored patterns to my measurments xx
SFTailoring
SFTailoring
Dealer
Dealer

http://www.sarafay.co.uk

Back to top Go down

My take on Angelica Teach concept costume :) Empty Re: My take on Angelica Teach concept costume :)

Post  Mondas42 Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:57 am

Awesome!wave 
Mondas42
Mondas42
Jack Tar

Back to top Go down

My take on Angelica Teach concept costume :) Empty Re: My take on Angelica Teach concept costume :)

Post  Blade Savvy Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:20 pm

OUTSTANDING work shipmate! Love it! Just don't let my wife see it......! She'll only want one!
Blade Savvy
Blade Savvy
Bucko

Back to top Go down

Post  Mojo Turbo Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:27 pm

better than the ACTUAL one!!!!
Mojo Turbo
Mojo Turbo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

http://www.jacksparrowcostuming.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  SFTailoring Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:36 pm

hehe thanks guys!
It was a fun project! The glory of a concept design, is you get to choose the fabrics and colours for yourself, which takes away the stress of trying to find an exact match of the screen used fabric- so you just concentrate on the shapes.
I want to get more into ladies film replica costumes- the time consuming part is just finding the fabric. Any more concept designs out there?! Razz 
SFTailoring
SFTailoring
Dealer
Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  Blade Savvy Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:39 am

SFTailoring wrote:.........
I want to get more into ladies film replica costumes 
Sounds a bit suspect mate! Laughing 
Blade Savvy
Blade Savvy
Bucko

Back to top Go down

Post  SFTailoring Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:06 am

Blade Savvy wrote:
SFTailoring wrote:.........
I want to get more into ladies film replica costumes 
Sounds a bit suspect mate! Laughing 
Yeah, you're right. I prefer getting into Jacks Twisted Evil  hehe
SFTailoring
SFTailoring
Dealer
Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  Blade Savvy Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:12 pm

Laughing 
Blade Savvy
Blade Savvy
Bucko

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down