The Brethren Court
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jack's Tattoo and Brand

+22
Dutchman
Captain McAnen
Banditxx1
acosplaylifeforme
Jack of All Trades
Capn_Jack_Savvy
blueyedjack
Jonty Depp - Captain Jack
Jack Sparrows Double
aelyn000
neojacksparrow
Captain McCool
Captain C Sparrow
Jinkxed Jack
bperry
ClownPrinceofCrime89
TheCursed
MadSparrow869
SparrowDive
FrankSparrow
Mojo Turbo
Epic Jack
26 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Jack's Tattoo and Brand - Page 3 Empty Re: Jack's Tattoo and Brand

Post  Banditxx1 Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:49 am

Congratulations to your courageous decision.
You´re right: It really looks awesome and I can´t see any mistakes done by a beginner or something like that... she did a good job!

But I´m wondering, because I thought normally, a fresh tattoo is wrapped into cling film or plastic wrap and also it looks very red at the edges and borders. Your skin seems to be very "frugal"... ;-)

I´m too scary, to be "marked" permanently and for the whole life (normally).

BUT another question: How did you do the pirate-"P"? That´s another perfect detail in impersonating the Sparrow-style...
Banditxx1
Banditxx1
Jack Tar

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain McAnen Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:10 am

Thanks, mate! I'm very happy with the way it turned out. As for the plastic wrap, that's something that is actually bad for a tattoo because it keeps the skin from being able to breath, and tattoos need to dry out to heal properly. Often a bandage will be applied by the artist when they are done, but this is simply to keep bacteria out and prevent infection because a tattoo is essentially a wound. Bandages placed on a fresh tattoo should be removed within 2 hours. I didn't have a bandage on this one, but I literally live 10 minutes from the tattoo shop so it wasn't a big deal. As for the redness, it clears up within a day or so. Having a tattoo done does irritate the skin, and the photo was only taken just a few short hours after I had it done.

I was never someone who had any interest in getting a tattoo, and yet now I have 3 that I've gotten in just the last year and a half! Smile I'm not sure what else I would get, but having them done does become a little addicting and I wouldn't doubt I'll end up with a couple more.

The "P" is actually a tattoo as well, and it was the first one I ever had done. I told the owner of the shop I wanted a tattoo that looked like a brand. He offered to actually brand me, but my concern was there is no way to know how the brand would turn out. It could look like a mushroom or just a blob of scar tissue. Plus it would have hurt like hell and taken weeks to heal. So he agreed that he could definitely do a tattoo and make it look like a brand, so he did it using white, red, and pink ink. He shaded it in such a way that it even has a raised appearance, so I get people all the time wanting to touch it who ask me "did it hurt?" because they think it is an actual brand until I tell them it is a tattoo!

A few months after I got the "P" I decided to have another tattoo done so I got a Jack Rackham Jolly Roger on the inside of my left forearm. Almost immediately after it was done I started thinking about getting another one, and after a year of debating it I finally gave in and had the Jack Sparrow tattoo done last week. I don't know that I'll ever actually have a major tattoo done, all three of mine are relatively small and simple, but I wear shorts all the time and am actually thinking about having a pirate ship done on my calf at some point. Only time will tell, but there's no doubt in my mind that I'll end up with another tattoo at some point.

This photo of the Jolly Roger tat was taken just after I had touch ups done (for some reason I had bled out a lot of the ink the first time around) so that's why it is a bit red even though the hair has grown back.
Jack's Tattoo and Brand - Page 3 FinishedProduct
Captain McAnen
Captain McAnen
Scurvy dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Banditxx1 Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:53 am

Wow, thanks for your detailed information. Getting a tattoo is also pure science and needs a lot of experience and knowledge...

Nearly the same, with creating a JS-costume ... a lot of examination, interrogation and experience after all ... Laughing

Here in germany, sometimes (or maybe often) it´s difficult to have a tattoo, in matters of which job you´re doing or related to the business-rules. Real pirates are rare today ... sadly... unfortunately
Banditxx1
Banditxx1
Jack Tar

Back to top Go down

Post  Dutchman Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:43 pm

Very nice!! I don't thing I will ever take that step, but very cool to see other people do it.

@ acosplaylifeforme; just saw your post on page 3, well done!!! thumbsup
Dutchman
Dutchman
Galley Slave

Back to top Go down

Post  Banditxx1 Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:24 pm

Jack Sparrow has many costume parts, to make your costume perfect, is this rubber stamp with wooden handle. For all the Jacks out there, who don´t want to have a real tattoo and don´t want to go with the tattoo-stickers, These sticker-applications only work on shaved skin without hairs! No problem with this stamp: It´s not necessary, to shave your arm. It looks perfect and realistic!

RECOMMENDATION for best results:
Use the special ink-pad for your "tattoo-ing". The great advantage of this ink- pad is, that it is not a common ink, but some kind of permanent, water-resistant dye, which does no harm to your skin. It stays for hours and even for days; but is also simply to remove with soap.

Jack's Tattoo and Brand - Page 3 00410

Here´s the result of my self-test:

Jack's Tattoo and Brand - Page 3 003_710
Banditxx1
Banditxx1
Jack Tar

Back to top Go down

Post  FleetStreetNightmare Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:02 pm

You gonna put those up on ebay?
FleetStreetNightmare
FleetStreetNightmare
Mate

Back to top Go down

Post  Banditxx1 Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:14 pm

Yes...I've sold a few stamps already and the ink-pad is also available and two stamps, too.

Actually it's not yet listed on ebay. Normally the price for the stamp is 36,80 EURO and 12,50 EURO for the special ink-pad.

But if you are interested, just send me a pm and I will grant you a little discount, because of the "Brethren-Court-community/friendship". I can't take influence on the shipping costs...
Banditxx1
Banditxx1
Jack Tar

Back to top Go down

Post  FleetStreetNightmare Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:24 pm

Sounds great! I may send you a PM soon then
FleetStreetNightmare
FleetStreetNightmare
Mate

Back to top Go down

Post  Banditxx1 Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:28 pm

To which country would I have to ship the stamp? I mean, where do you live... Sparrow
Shipping from germany to other countries in Europe is a bit cheaper than shipping worldwide to all other countries....
Banditxx1
Banditxx1
Jack Tar

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Jack Sparrow 478 Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:25 am

I'd be interested in a tattoo stamp! Anyone still selling them???

Thanks heaps! Very Happy
Captain Jack Sparrow 478
Captain Jack Sparrow 478
Jester of Tortuga

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Jack Sparrow 478 Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:36 am

Also, does anyone have any good shots of Jack's tattoo and P brand?
Captain Jack Sparrow 478
Captain Jack Sparrow 478
Jester of Tortuga

Back to top Go down

Post  Banditxx1 Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:06 am

Yes, I could sell a tattoo stamp. To which country it has to be shipped?
Banditxx1
Banditxx1
Jack Tar

Back to top Go down

Post  Banditxx1 Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:06 am

Please send me a pm.
Banditxx1
Banditxx1
Jack Tar

Back to top Go down

Post  Blade Savvy Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:40 am

I'm with him/meself..! I too would be interested in a stamp if they are still available.

Many thanks.
Blade Savvy
Blade Savvy
Bucko

Back to top Go down

Post  Mondas42 Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:19 am

Me too!
Mondas42
Mondas42
Jack Tar

Back to top Go down