The Brethren Court
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jack's Tattoo and Brand

+22
Dutchman
Captain McAnen
Banditxx1
acosplaylifeforme
Jack of All Trades
Capn_Jack_Savvy
blueyedjack
Jonty Depp - Captain Jack
Jack Sparrows Double
aelyn000
neojacksparrow
Captain McCool
Captain C Sparrow
Jinkxed Jack
bperry
ClownPrinceofCrime89
TheCursed
MadSparrow869
SparrowDive
FrankSparrow
Mojo Turbo
Epic Jack
26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Jack's Tattoo and Brand - Page 2 Empty Re: Jack's Tattoo and Brand

Post  aelyn000 Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:13 pm

I'm good! No sensitivities here! I've used all kinds of Halloween gunk and crappy makeup and have never had any reactions. Smile yay! Very interesting to know, though.
aelyn000
aelyn000
Strumpet
Strumpet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Sparrows Double Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:29 pm

I know of one who branded himself...of the four people he showed the infected, oozing, runny, hardly resembling a "P" brand to, thought he ought not have done it! LOL!! Shocked
Jack Sparrows Double
Jack Sparrows Double
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

http://www.Ronnieasjohnny.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCursed Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:01 am

HAHA! Another win for rather hairless whisp of life that is I! P brand awayyyyy. But on a serious note, yowch..why would you do that? Is he a lummox? (Don't invite him to your garden party lest he brand your arse) lol!

Thing is branding used to be a punishment. Thief's, crooks, etc had it branded on their foreheads women that didnt keep their mouthes shut used to get a nice dose of it on the tongue or cheek. It's ghastly, and yet we're talking about it today Smile So..we're either hardcore to the max..or we're crazy than coconuts!
TheCursed
TheCursed
Mate

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain McCool Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:19 am

My money's on the second, haha.
Captain McCool
Captain McCool
Pirate King
Pirate King

http://www.piratesofillrepute.org

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCursed Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:57 am

Captain McCool wrote:My money's on the second, haha.

I second that! Anyone take monopoly dollars? Treasure
TheCursed
TheCursed
Mate

Back to top Go down

Post  MadSparrow869 Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:02 am

i wish SmileBeer
MadSparrow869
MadSparrow869
Landlubber

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCursed Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:45 am

We have a shop in the town that sells silver and gold plated replica dubloons, pieces of eight etc and old chests, cups, chalices, crowns..i'm going to get a whole lot and either become end of CotBp Jack or Tim Curry from muppets LOL Shocked Laughing might see if I can fool the local corner shop into excepting three gold coins for half his stock
TheCursed
TheCursed
Mate

Back to top Go down

Post  MadSparrow869 Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:18 am

sweet
MadSparrow869
MadSparrow869
Landlubber

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonty Depp - Captain Jack Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:42 am

Hi everyone,

As mentioned earlier I still have the Sparrow temporary tattoos available in the 4 styles:

Standard size movie Sparrow (most Jacks I have tats to use this size)
Large movie Sparrow (I use these (and Cristian has some) - my forearm measures 30cm around)
Standard JD Sparrow (Johnny's own tat with reversed bird and wave crests, Jack beneath)
Small JD Sparrow (as above but great for little 'uns and ladies of course)

Pics below of the tats on the backing sheets before applying so they are of course reversed when applied.

Jack's Tattoo and Brand - Page 2 LJack's Tattoo and Brand - Page 2 LJack's Tattoo and Brand - Page 2 L
Jack's Tattoo and Brand - Page 2 L

Shoot me a message if you want (unless we are allowed to discuss the prices here mods? Please advise. Thanks)

Cheers mates.

Jonts

Blaggard

http://www.jontydepp.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain McCool Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:15 am

Yep, pricing is just a fine thing to toss about (politely) around here, so have at it!
(okay, so I'm not a mod, but the question has been asked a few times, hope that helps mate!)

Still got some of your tattoos! Quite happy with them, although my arm hair still seems to get in the way upon occasion. May just be time for me to remove some of it... oh dear...

At any rate, it's good to see you 'round these parts!
Captain McCool
Captain McCool
Pirate King
Pirate King

Back to top Go down

Post  blueyedjack Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:57 am

I would love to get some temporary tattoos as I've never really been one for permanent ones. How much would you be looking for?
blueyedjack
blueyedjack
Blaggard

Back to top Go down

Post  Capn_Jack_Savvy Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:42 am

Jonty has THE BEST temp tattoos on the market. I've been using them on every Jacking outing since year one!

Even when going to Disneyland sometimes I will put one on just to mess with people's minds! Jolly Roger

Treasure Jonty Depp tattoos Treasure True treasures! Treasure Or he wouldn't put his image on it if they weren't, savvy? Jolly Roger
Capn_Jack_Savvy
Capn_Jack_Savvy
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonty Depp - Captain Jack Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:16 pm

Thanks guys! thank

Captain McCool - yeah, arm hair could prove to be a slight barrier to application of the tats and I do use some electric clippers to trim the hair on my forearm where I apply the tattoo and the P brand (I use the rigid collodion liquid at the moment). Not sure what else to advise on that one.

Blueeyedjack - I have always sold these at $20 USD for 8 tattoos (or $2.50 each) plus the cost to post from UK - PayPal is the method for the treasure. You can mix and match the designs you want as they are all the same price.

C_J_S - bless you matey! Glad you like the tats enough to keep on using them - even for a giggle at Disneyland! Kind words sir! thank

Shout if you need any guys!

Jonts
Blaggard

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack of All Trades Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:26 pm

I use Jonty's tats and they are fantastic! They'll actually stay put for days! He's also a bloody good pirate to work with to be sure. Cheers mate!
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Dealer
Dealer

http://www.etsy.com/shop/jackoalltrades

Back to top Go down

Post  blueyedjack Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:32 pm

Jonty Depp - Captain Jack wrote:Thanks guys!

Blueeyedjack - I have always sold these at $20 USD for 8 tattoos (or $2.50 each) plus the cost to post from UK - PayPal is the method for the treasure. You can mix and match the designs you want as they are all the same price.

Jonts

Conviently I live in the UK Smile How much would that be in Pounds Sterling?
blueyedjack
blueyedjack
Blaggard

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonty Depp - Captain Jack Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:00 pm

Thanks JAT - you're a diamond!

Blueeyedjack - I spotted that you are on this side of the pond mate! So, 8 tats normally fine to post just by normal first or second class - so cost of a stamp and a bit for an envelope to post 'em in. And I normally just request the $20 USD or do an online conversion using the pound to dollar rate on the day - so today $20 is £12.11.

Hope that helps matey.

Jonts
Blaggard

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain McCool Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:22 pm

Bah! Why? Why must the dollar be the pound's b***h? Haha

At any rate, I do think I'll try trimming up a bit before applying again. I've tried a few different methods for the tattoo now, and I think yours is really the best, fastest, and overall most economical. I may be in need of a few more before the summer is over Wink
Captain McCool
Captain McCool
Pirate King
Pirate King

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCursed Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:38 pm

I'm buying a new set once the doubloons in the bank Smile good times!
TheCursed
TheCursed
Mate

Back to top Go down

Post  acosplaylifeforme Wed May 18, 2011 4:09 pm

I think I may be the only strumpet with the real tat. I decided to get the JD one since I don't cosplay Jack. Can you believe people ask me who Jack is? Bf gets a bit ticked. But if you really didn't know, and you saw a woman with a man's name tattooed on her, who do you think it is?

Anyway, I have JD's tat outlined in illustrator, if anyone's interested I can email it to you, and put it on your own tat transfer or whatever. If you want to diy, keep in mind tat transfer paper is not cheap! The chap from the UK has a got his tats down really good, and that's not a bad price for 8 of em.

Here's a side by side of mine and JD's. No my arm is not that much bigger than his Laughing [img]Jack's Tattoo and Brand - Page 2 User1910[/img] I wanted the tat as big as possible so it does somewhat wrap around a bit.
acosplaylifeforme
acosplaylifeforme
Strumpet
Strumpet

Back to top Go down

Post  Banditxx1 Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:56 am

Hello me mateys...,

here´s a solution for those, who don´t want to go with a REAL tattoo. And the temporary tattoo-patches/stickers need the shaving of your arm. Otherwise they don´t last very long on hairy skin.

I tested it with permanent, waterresistant ink. Even under flowing water (but without soap!) the stamp-tattoo does not dissolve or dilute. this ink is non-toxic and does no harm to your skin. I choosed black ink, but maybe with green ink, it even is more than Jack´s tattoo in the first movie...?!

And it even looks more realistic, when you use powder (baby-powder for example) after letting it dry a few moments. Then it looks more "dull".

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Jack-Sparrow-tattoo-stamp-Stempel-fur-Tatowierung-/261111199795?pt=DE_Filme_DVD_s_TV_Fanartikel&hash=item3ccb70b833

https://i.servimg.com/u/f34/17/84/20/17/003_710.jpg
Banditxx1
Banditxx1
Jack Tar

Back to top Go down

Post  Capn_Jack_Savvy Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:40 am

Do you have a link to the US eBay website because I think the German and UK eBay's will not US accounts log in. Plus the translation would be nice.
Capn_Jack_Savvy
Capn_Jack_Savvy
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Banditxx1 Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:54 am

Oh...ok...sorry, I didn´t know that at all..

So I think this will do:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261111199795;jsessionid=53A8EB05B6BB75937BED3EBCB0B7BA2E?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D261111199795%26_rdc%3D1

The translation (I tried my best) is also in the ebay-description.
Banditxx1
Banditxx1
Jack Tar

Back to top Go down

Post  Capn_Jack_Savvy Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:31 pm

What are the dimensions on the stamp tattoo? That one sold. Do you have more?
Capn_Jack_Savvy
Capn_Jack_Savvy
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Banditxx1 Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:48 pm

Yes, the stamp has been sold a few hours ago. But I have another one, ready to ship within two days. Here´s the new link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jack-Sparrow-tattoo-stamp-Stempel-fur-Tatowierung-/261114896162?pt=DE_Filme_DVD_s_TV_Fanartikel&hash=item3ccba91f22

The size is 6,5 cm x 7 cm. So it is a bit smaller, than the "real tattoo". The reason is, that you have to stamp your rounded arm and not a flat hard surface. I mean, the stamp has to be accurate and nice, with sharp lines and "high-definitoned" borders. So this is the size, which will allow to roll the stamp-picture from one side of the arm to the other. I can´t explain it any better.... I hope, you´ll understand, what I mean...?!

If the stamp would be larger/bigger, then it would be difficult, to get the stamp correctly on the arm because of its size. You would have to tip it over the round or curve of your arm. Ehm... I hope, I could explain it a bit?
Banditxx1
Banditxx1
Jack Tar

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain McAnen Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:17 am

I finally caved to temptation and had the tattoo done. Some friends of mine run a tattoo shop and one of their new employees (also a friend of mine) has only done about 8 tattoos so far (5 on her boyfriend) so I figured we could make a deal and I let her do my tattoo. At first I was hesitant, but after seeing a photo of a dagger tattoo with various colors and shading that she had done the day before I decided to take the plunge. This photo was taken just a few hours after it was done.

Jack's Tattoo and Brand - Page 2 JacksTattoo

What little scab I had is peeling now so it should be all healed up in just a few days. There are a couple of small touch ups to be done that the owner of the shop is going to go over with the girl who did it once it's healed, but I think she really did a bang up job and is well on her way to becoming one awesome tattoo artist. It's a little scary being a guinea pig with something this permanent, but I was happy to help out and very pleased with the result.
Captain McAnen
Captain McAnen
Scurvy dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next