The Brethren Court
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Capt Jag's OSTesque costume journey...New pics of finished costume added 9/8...

4 posters

Go down

Capt Jag's OSTesque costume journey...New pics of finished costume added 9/8... Empty Capt Jag's OSTesque costume journey...New pics of finished costume added 9/8...

Post  Capt Jag Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:55 am

Pics of finished costume added below!!
Ahoy mates...this will be where I document my journey into OSTdom with my OSTesque costume. By which I mean that I am going for the feel and "Jackuracy" rather than Screen Accuracy...

As I get more pics I will place them here, so check back often...

First up - my OST waistcoat.

I got the fabric from Scott Williams - and a beautiful work of art it is...

Out of the box:
Capt Jag's OSTesque costume journey...New pics of finished costume added 9/8... 090

Close up:
Capt Jag's OSTesque costume journey...New pics of finished costume added 9/8... 091

Here is the fabric with the linen blend fabric I chose for the back. The inside lining is also made of the same striped fabric, as are the insides of the pocket flaps:
Capt Jag's OSTesque costume journey...New pics of finished costume added 9/8... 096

The completed front panels:
Capt Jag's OSTesque costume journey...New pics of finished costume added 9/8... 101

The front and back panels attached:
Capt Jag's OSTesque costume journey...New pics of finished costume added 9/8... 103

And a close up of the weathering test I did with Nu-Life spray:
Capt Jag's OSTesque costume journey...New pics of finished costume added 9/8... 097

OST Wig:
Here is the base wig. It's all synthetic, and not really what I was going to go for at first but I found it in a local beauty shop on clearance and the price was way, way too good to pass up... Plus I got the wig stand, that has a pivoting base - for an added $5:
Front:
Capt Jag's OSTesque costume journey...New pics of finished costume added 9/8... 087
Back:
Capt Jag's OSTesque costume journey...New pics of finished costume added 9/8... 088
Added some human hair extensions in shades of lighter brown up to blonde (actually, my lady helped me with this as she is a high end hair stylist in DC). You can also see some of the dreads on the table that will be added:
Capt Jag's OSTesque costume journey...New pics of finished costume added 9/8... 098
Capt Jag's OSTesque costume journey...New pics of finished costume added 9/8... 099
Capt Jag's OSTesque costume journey...New pics of finished costume added 9/8... 100

I didn't get any more "in progress pics" but I will post the as of now finished wig soon...

Zombie finger dangle:
This is my take on the finger dangle. I am not a big fan of the wierd looking SA tooth, so went with one more human looking. I made it all from Sculpy. I am going to make a new one eventually with the Gems & Knots bead, but for now I did the bead from Sculpy. I have since added the copper wire and chinese coin:
Capt Jag's OSTesque costume journey...New pics of finished costume added 9/8... 076
Checking overall bone lengths...er...yeah, you know what I mean:
Capt Jag's OSTesque costume journey...New pics of finished costume added 9/8... 077
Semi-finished:
Capt Jag's OSTesque costume journey...New pics of finished costume added 9/8... 078
Close up of barrel bead:
Capt Jag's OSTesque costume journey...New pics of finished costume added 9/8... 081

The finished product:
Capt Jag's OSTesque costume journey...New pics of finished costume added 9/8... Aepicnic
Capt Jag's OSTesque costume journey...New pics of finished costume added 9/8... Jackkaren

I have since redyed my breeches to a dark grey color much, much closer to the OST color.

More to follow soon...

Comments and opinions always welcome!!

Last edited by Capt Jag on Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Capt Jag
Capt Jag
Mate

http://www.thecombatcon.com

Back to top Go down

Capt Jag's OSTesque costume journey...New pics of finished costume added 9/8... Empty Re: Capt Jag's OSTesque costume journey...New pics of finished costume added 9/8...

Post  Mojo Turbo Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:15 am

wow everything looks great! Tell me more about this nu-life spray....
Mojo Turbo
Mojo Turbo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

http://www.jacksparrowcostuming.com/

Back to top Go down

Capt Jag's OSTesque costume journey...New pics of finished costume added 9/8... Empty Re: Capt Jag's OSTesque costume journey...New pics of finished costume added 9/8...

Post  Capt Jag Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:27 am

Why, thankee for the compliments Cap'n... Still an ongoing work in progress. Need to add more buttons to the waistcoat, redo the trim and add trim to the pocket flaps, convert the pockets into actual working pockets (ran out of time before the premier), add the flaps for the lacing in the back then weather more and it will be done.

My wig is pretty good as is, but it is always an ongoing project. I have a mermaid charm that I am going to put on one of the dreds, as well as a few other non SA bits to add...

Nu Life is a spary dye (even though it says 'paint' it is actually a dye) that is designed to change the color of shoes. It works like spray paint, and is available in a TON of shades to get the proper layering effect for weathing costumes. I think it essentially the same as the Dirty Down sprays, more or less, but you don't have to order them from the UK.

Meltonian Nu Life Color Spray color chart

I have 6 different colors (browns and greys) and have been using those to weather my gear. I'm very pleased with the result...

Just do a Google search for "Meltonian Nu Life spray" and plenty will come up. I got mine from a local shoe repair store so that is another place to check.
Capt Jag
Capt Jag
Mate

Back to top Go down

Post  neojacksparrow Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:30 am

Yeah, Meltonian is one of the greatest things ever! I used it to weather my boots
neojacksparrow
neojacksparrow
Harbour Hog

Back to top Go down

Post  Capt Jag Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:16 pm

Hopefully I will have better pics coming after I get a photo shoot set up.
Capt Jag
Capt Jag
Mate

Back to top Go down

Capt Jag's OSTesque costume journey...New pics of finished costume added 9/8... Empty Re: Capt Jag's OSTesque costume journey...New pics of finished costume added

Post  Mrs. Captain Jack Sparrow Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:23 am

Oi! Gorgeous work mate!! Can't wait to see more pics! Looks great! Very Happy
Girl Skull
Mrs. Captain Jack Sparrow
Mrs. Captain Jack Sparrow
Landlubber

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down