The Brethren Court
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jack's Teeth tutorial

+14
Capt Jag
Capn_Jack_Savvy
neojacksparrow
pinder91
rockstarpirate90
Jodo
redsleighdown
capt.J.j.sparrow
MadSparrow869
Jinkxed Jack
Captain McCool
TheCursed
Pirate Daddy
jacksadventures
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Jack's Teeth tutorial - Page 2 Empty Re: Jack's Teeth tutorial

Post  jacksadventures Wed May 04, 2011 2:30 am

these are working very well they are strong thin and just barley bigger than my own teeth and with a little fixadent they will stay one all night no matter what http://www.flickr.com/photos/62420962@N03/5686090339/in/photostream
jacksadventures
jacksadventures
I'm On A Boat!

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCursed Wed May 04, 2011 2:34 am

Nice! i'm impressed Smile
TheCursed
TheCursed
Mate

Back to top Go down

Post  jacksadventures Wed May 04, 2011 2:35 am

thanks im going to work up a tutorial the only hard part is getting the teeth mold to sit right when your making the acrylic copy
jacksadventures
jacksadventures
I'm On A Boat!

Back to top Go down

Post  redsleighdown Wed May 04, 2011 3:27 am

Not updated for OST yet but here are my old teeth I still use. Made molds, then had some gangstas make me some fronts. 18k and 24k on top, plat on bottom.

Jack's Teeth tutorial - Page 2 Teeth
redsleighdown
Scurvy dog

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCursed Wed May 04, 2011 3:44 am

jacksadventures wrote:thanks im going to work up a tutorial the only hard part is getting the teeth mold to sit right when your making the acrylic copy

Tutorial would be cool, cheers man.

red: Nice n shiny!! God bless the gangstas Laughing
TheCursed
TheCursed
Mate

Back to top Go down

Post  jacksadventures Wed May 04, 2011 9:15 am

how much did those cost?
jacksadventures
jacksadventures
I'm On A Boat!

Back to top Go down

Post  capt.J.j.sparrow Tue May 31, 2011 12:56 pm

Bump oi any news on the tutorial?
capt.J.j.sparrow
capt.J.j.sparrow
Boatswain

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Captain-Jack-101/178129512224586

Back to top Go down

Post  jacksadventures Tue May 31, 2011 2:10 pm

Yes mate sorry I have to put the pics together I ten to work quick and not photograh the process bit I will I thought it worked very well also if anyone knows how to get the pics right on the page and not a link I'm not very tek savvy
jacksadventures
jacksadventures
I'm On A Boat!

Back to top Go down

Post  capt.J.j.sparrow Tue May 31, 2011 2:24 pm

I upload to photobucket. then copy the IMG code and paste it in your reply. Savvy? Sparrow
capt.J.j.sparrow
capt.J.j.sparrow
Boatswain

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Captain-Jack-101/178129512224586

Back to top Go down

Post  Jodo Tue May 31, 2011 4:01 pm

redsleighdown wrote:Not updated for OST yet but here are my old teeth I still use. Made molds, then had some gangstas make me some fronts. 18k and 24k on top, plat on bottom.

Jack's Teeth tutorial - Page 2 Teeth

Where did you those? They look excellent! Shocked
Jodo
Jodo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  jacksadventures Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:11 pm

working on the tutorial now

Last edited by jacksadventures on Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : testing pic upload)
jacksadventures
jacksadventures
I'm On A Boat!

Back to top Go down

Post  jacksadventures Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:06 pm

ok so first off there are two ways you can go about doing this. The first way involves resin plastic and mold putty, however there is a way to do it without the mold putty if you are very strapped for gold! so you start off with the sculpey clay [img]Jack's Teeth tutorial - Page 2 IMG_1387[/img] and roll up and make a sort of track that will fit the teeth you want to make a copy of [img]Jack's Teeth tutorial - Page 2 IMG_1388[/img] press firmly then remove with slightly wiggling the clay you want to make sure that you do not distort the mold. [img]Jack's Teeth tutorial - Page 2 IMG_1389[/img] then you mix the resin together and pour into the clay [img]Jack's Teeth tutorial - Page 2 IMG_1391-1[/img] and wait till it dries (usually about 15 min) it will turn all white when hardened. remove and clean up if needed [img]Jack's Teeth tutorial - Page 2 IMG_1393[/img] [img]Jack's Teeth tutorial - Page 2 IMG_1395[/img] now take the mold putty [img]Jack's Teeth tutorial - Page 2 IMG_1397[/img] and simply roll together and when mixed press onto the new plastic teeth. now you have a plastic version of your teeth and a permanent mold that they fit into.Take the clear nail powder [img]Jack's Teeth tutorial - Page 2 IMG_1434[/img] and the nail liquid or monomer [img]Jack's Teeth tutorial - Page 2 IMG_1432[/img] and pour into the mold. then using a dropper pour liquid in mold [img]Jack's Teeth tutorial - Page 2 IMG_1409[/img] [img]Jack's Teeth tutorial - Page 2 IMG_1411[img]Jack's Teeth tutorial - Page 2 IMG_1413[/img] spray teeth with any cooking spray like Pam etc. [img]Jack's Teeth tutorial - Page 2 IMG_1403[/img] them press teeth into the solution filled mold and let it sit and dry.[img]Jack's Teeth tutorial - Page 2 IMG_1415[/img] once dry remove and carefully remove the plastic tray from teeth it takes a day or so to fully harden so do not rush i use a razor knife to loosen up all the edges to remove.[img]Jack's Teeth tutorial - Page 2 IMG_1422[/img][img]Jack's Teeth tutorial - Page 2 IMG_1424[/img] now trim the teeth to fit only the desired teeth just like jack's. [img]Jack's Teeth tutorial - Page 2 IMG_1441[/img] then put back onto the plastic teeth you made earlier, i then widdle them down on the ends to match up with my actual teeth so the do not inhibit speech [img]Jack's Teeth tutorial - Page 2 IMG_1442[/img] then i take very fine sand paper and sad the top down where it meets the gum line so it does not cause irritation.Oce you are happy with the fit take a gold lief pen i use KRYLON [img]Jack's Teeth tutorial - Page 2 IMG_1446[/img] I pressed the pen down so alot of paint comes out i found this easier to apply a nice consistent shiny coat. do the same process for the lower teeth [img]Jack's Teeth tutorial - Page 2 IMG_1448[/img]. giving you this result [img]Jack's Teeth tutorial - Page 2 IMG_1453[/img][img]Jack's Teeth tutorial - Page 2 IMG_1451[/img][img]Jack's Teeth tutorial - Page 2 IMG_1419[/img][img]Jack's Teeth tutorial - Page 2 IMG_1081[/img] I have worn these 10 times now and have not needed to repaint them yet you can also use a water based sealer but you will have to brush that on as well i could not find a water based spray. I have had no problems with them at all very comfortable and do not effect speech very much but most importantly for me the did not cost 180 200+ dollars. The other way to so this process is to simply make the clay mold and plastic teeth then with the nail powder and liquid mix together [img]Jack's Teeth tutorial - Page 2 IMG_1427[/img] until you can roll it into a ball with your fingers then simply press them onto your plastic teeth and let dry then when hard sand down and paint. this does not require the mold putty which is the most expensive part ive found both ways work but if your using the mold putty method it makes an exact replica of your tooth so it looks very real its up to you. Here are some links to the materials http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/amazing-casting-resin-698308/http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/amazing-mold-putty-698290/http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/super-sculpey-sculpting-clay-171942/. Now as far as safety the nail solution is the exact same thing as tooth acrylic that they make vampire fangs with make sure to work in a ventilated area and let it fully dry before you put in in your mouth. for me the total cost was 63.96 $but i used all the materials and you can make may sets of teeth with the materials you buy, again you do not need the mold putty so that saving 20 bucks but its up to you. this has worked well for me hopefully it works for all of you it is cheaper and I got the satisfaction of making them myself. I use fixadent to hold them inplace and have never had one fall out when wearing all day. enjoy Razz
jacksadventures
jacksadventures
I'm On A Boat!

Back to top Go down

Post  rockstarpirate90 Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:25 pm

great tutorial mate but I lost track on what the solution was for the teeths? because it looks like clear resin?
rockstarpirate90
rockstarpirate90
Landlubber

Back to top Go down

Post  pinder91 Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:35 pm

Very nice! Thanks for the great pics. I'm going to give this a try. Very Happy
pinder91
pinder91
Cackhanded Deck Ape

Back to top Go down

Post  jacksadventures Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:37 pm

Ok the two parts to make the actual teeth caps are clear nail power and nail liquid it's called momomer
jacksadventures
jacksadventures
I'm On A Boat!

Back to top Go down

Post  rockstarpirate90 Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:27 am

so basicly you made yourself some acrylic nails for your teeth ... I like it simple easy to remember !
rockstarpirate90
rockstarpirate90
Landlubber

Back to top Go down

Post  neojacksparrow Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:14 am

Definitely trying this! Thanks man!!!!
neojacksparrow
neojacksparrow
Harbour Hog

Back to top Go down

Post  neojacksparrow Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:48 am

Where did you get your nail stuff?
neojacksparrow
neojacksparrow
Harbour Hog

Back to top Go down

Post  jacksadventures Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:03 am

i just got it from a beauty supply store
jacksadventures
jacksadventures
I'm On A Boat!

Back to top Go down

Post  rockstarpirate90 Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:13 pm

and started the proces:P I think I will make the tooth caps on friday and I have to wait on a krylon pens set from the US because we don't have it here in my tiny country:P

Thanks again for the great tutorial mate!

cheers!

Jack's Teeth tutorial - Page 2 Afbeel14

Last edited by rockstarpirate90 on Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
rockstarpirate90
rockstarpirate90
Landlubber

Back to top Go down

Post  Capn_Jack_Savvy Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:18 pm

Just a quick question mate!?

How much of the materials that you are using and putting into your mouth are toxic?

I know for one it is a very good idea to seal the Krylon paints because they are toxic. Like you said use a water based sealer to lock in the paint so your not ingesting it.
Capn_Jack_Savvy
Capn_Jack_Savvy
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  jacksadventures Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:01 pm

The nail acrylic is not toxic once it dries. And the paint pens are actually not toxic I Dont think but yes I seals them any way with a brush paint on water based sealer bought from michaels store and it's working very well the stuff is fun to play around with you can make vampire teeth or any dental piece. But yes the nail acrylic is the exact same that is used to make dental acrylic such as through fx whearhouse
jacksadventures
jacksadventures
I'm On A Boat!

Back to top Go down

Post  jacksadventures Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:58 pm

Sorry I typed that wrong yes the pens are toxic but again not so much when they are dry but yes sealing them will help the color to stay shiny as well.any one who has done this feel free to add to this Smile I just hope this helps my fellow Jack's
jacksadventures
jacksadventures
I'm On A Boat!

Back to top Go down

Post  Capt Jag Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:03 am

This is awesome mate, thanks for posting... Definitely trying this this weekend. I have a ton of Sculpy, I have some resin, and I also have some sculpting clay that I think I can use in place of the molding putty (we'll find out).

Anyone know if Sally's carries the nail stuff?

Finally, it looks as though I might have some decent teeth that don't turn grey or scrape off. Though I do have to say I tried the silver tooth stain mentioned in another thread or on another forum (don't remember which) from Composite Effects and was very happy with it. It dried quickly, stayed on for hours even while I was drinking hot coffee and tea, and never changed colors. They were out of the gold when I ordered so Jack had all silver teeth (which only one person noticed and I just shrugged and said - "It's the econmoy mate...had to sell the gold and replace with silver..." and they found the response funny enough to drop the point). But if I can make this work I think it's a better alternative all around. Of course, I will probably use the CFX silver on the new tooth castings and seal them since I really like the way the silver came out.
Capt Jag
Capt Jag
Mate

http://www.thecombatcon.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jacksadventures Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:51 am

That's awesome mate I'm happy to help I just couldn't believe when I was doing research that no one had done this yet
jacksadventures
jacksadventures
I'm On A Boat!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next