The Brethren Court
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are your thoughts on these boots?

4 posters

Go down

What are your thoughts on these boots? Empty What are your thoughts on these boots?

Post  Mondas42 Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:15 am

Hi

I'm after some boots, CABoots are a bit out of my price range, but what about these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JACK-SPARROW-COSTUME-PIRATE-BOOTS-/271268630377?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f28decf69

Martin
Mondas42
Mondas42
Jack Tar

Back to top Go down

What are your thoughts on these boots? Empty Re: What are your thoughts on these boots?

Post  liarr Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:21 am

no. $300 plus $51 shipping?  if you're going to spend that much, get CABoots. If you're gonna go cheaper, try your hand at making your own. get a pair of boots, some (real) suede (all together, maybe $120?) and use barge leather glue. Those boots are gro
liarr
liarr
Mate

http://www.captainhenryspiratestore.com

Back to top Go down

What are your thoughts on these boots? Empty Re: What are your thoughts on these boots?

Post  Banditxx1 Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:10 pm

I agree! I bought a pair CAboots in chocolate A1. They are awesome and worth the money.

In my opinion the boots are not only a detail - they are very important for the whole look of your costume.

Everytime I see a Jack-Sparrow-Look-Alike, my first "scan" is controlling the boots, the weathering of the fabric and the sash. And then I know, how screen-accurate it really is...
Banditxx1
Banditxx1
Jack Tar

Back to top Go down

Post  Mondas42 Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:21 pm

Yeah I think deep down I knew that CAboots were the way to go. I will keep saving.....now tan or chocolate?
Mondas42
Mondas42
Jack Tar

Back to top Go down

Post  Banditxx1 Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:51 pm

That depends...
In the first movie they were chocolate. In the second and third movie, the boots were tan with brown weathering. And the colour differs between the scenes, because Johnny Depp used several boots. He had a pair, which was used for water scenes and there were boots, which should not get wet...
In the last movie, the boots are chocolate again. You can see them very good in the scenes in the beginning with the escape in London(?)...
Banditxx1
Banditxx1
Jack Tar

Back to top Go down

Post  Mondas42 Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:02 pm

Thanks for that, as I'm aiming for a DMC look I guess I'll go for tan. Quick question, I've been looking at the Caboots site, what does the A1, A3 etc mean?

Martin
Mondas42
Mondas42
Jack Tar

Back to top Go down

Post  Razorwid Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:59 pm

What shoe size are you?
Razorwid
Razorwid
Landlubber

Back to top Go down

Post  Mondas42 Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:22 pm

UK size 8 which i think is a US 9

Mondas42
Mondas42
Jack Tar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down