The Brethren Court
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Pirate!

4 posters

Go down

New Pirate! Empty New Pirate!

Post  Major Captain Jack Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:03 am

Gents,

I am fairly new to all this, but having a great time. I jumped into KTTC and now joined all you good sirs and mams. Here are some pics:

New Pirate! DSC_02843
New Pirate! DSC_02953
New Pirate! DSC_02963
New Pirate! DSC_02063
New Pirate! DSC_03013
New Pirate! DSC_03033
New Pirate! DSC_03043
New Pirate! JAmontage

ACME tricorn, belts, buckles, skull ring
Yordreem wig, breeches, shirt, wrist wrap
SM Pillowfort OST waistcoat
Museum Replica sword
Cap gun pistols (lots of kids around!)

I am now in the processing of upgrading my rings, sword, and weapons. I ordered a sword from Sword & the Stone as well as a Sparrow Flintlock from Muzzle Loader. Just receiced my 50Cal Quuen Anne Flintlock! I plan to try and use black powder next year!
Major Captain Jack
Major Captain Jack
Mutineer

Back to top Go down

New Pirate! Empty Re: New Pirate!

Post  Mojo Turbo Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:25 am

any Jack that goes the EXTRA mile to do the teeth is a true scallywag in my book
Mojo Turbo
Mojo Turbo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

http://www.jacksparrowcostuming.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Major Captain Jack Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:35 am

Ahh, the teeth...

Real gold! My neighbor is a dental hygenist who has a good friend that makes caps and false teeth for a living. Same said woman also loves Halloween and makes fangs for friends. She made me the complete CJS set from a mold of my mouth. I only paid for the materials (~$200). Perfect fit!

I can even eat and drink rum with them on...
Major Captain Jack
Major Captain Jack
Mutineer

Back to top Go down

Post  pinder91 Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:42 am

Those teeth are fantastic!!!

Really well put together. Your "ingredients" really can't get much better. Very Happy

Your neighbor wouldn't be interested in doing more teeth for a few other Jacks on the side, would they? Maybe if we sent them a casting of our teeth? Shocked
pinder91
pinder91
Cackhanded Deck Ape

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain McCool Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:49 pm

Nicely done! Welcome aboard!
Captain McCool
Captain McCool
Pirate King
Pirate King

http://www.piratesofillrepute.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Major Captain Jack Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:28 am

pinder91 wrote:Those teeth are fantastic!!!

Really well put together. Your "ingredients" really can't get much better. Very Happy

Your neighbor wouldn't be interested in doing more teeth for a few other Jacks on the side, would they? Maybe if we sent them a casting of our teeth? Shocked

I'll ask! I'll send you a PM if I get a positive response, although I think she kinda just does it on the side for friends. No harm in trying though...
Major Captain Jack
Major Captain Jack
Mutineer

Back to top Go down

Post  Major Captain Jack Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:26 pm

I ran into my "dentist" and asked about making teeth for Sparrows here and sure enough she said...

Yes!

PM me for her email address. I have no idea about how to get the molds made to ship to her, but I'll let you guys work it out. It cost me roughly $260 for the materials alone. I have no idea what labor would be (she's a good friend of a friend). As long as it's only a few she should be able to do it.

The teeth are real gold caps custom made to your impressions. They are held on with fix-o-dent. You can eat with them and they should stay on for most of the night (don't sleep in them!). I gave her the tooth map from the Sparrow wiki and the up-close pic of Jack smiling. She didn't keep them, so you'll have to supply her with the desired pattern.
Major Captain Jack
Major Captain Jack
Mutineer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down