The Brethren Court
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sash fraying

2 posters

Go down

Sash fraying Empty Sash fraying

Post  BroadSword Sat May 21, 2011 10:44 am

So I got an ACME sash the other day and I did the tea bath routine. What I am noticing is that it is already fraying..a lot. It makes it easier to weather, but it has a lot of really long threads coming off it. I was curious if I should run a stitch around the whole thing a little ways in from the edge, so that it doesn't eventually coming apart totally. Has anyone had this issue?
BroadSword
BroadSword
Scurvy dog

Back to top Go down

Sash fraying Empty Re: Sash fraying

Post  neojacksparrow Sat May 21, 2011 10:57 am

Bilge Rat suggested, to me when I bought the Acme sash, washing, drying, and then cutting all the long bits off. It works really well. The only things is that you will probably lose your tea staining, but personally I think ombre dyeing is the way to go when it comes to distressing the the sash. There's some pictures of my sash here... https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=526102666
I just mixed up a nasty brown/yellow/black/orange/blue mixture, dipped it, and rinsed it immediately. Hope this helps!!!
neojacksparrow
neojacksparrow
Harbour Hog

Back to top Go down

Post  BroadSword Sat May 21, 2011 12:00 pm

It just seems that the fraying will continue as time goes by. Once the long bits are cut, does it seem to just stop or???
BroadSword
BroadSword
Scurvy dog

Back to top Go down

Post  neojacksparrow Sat May 21, 2011 12:19 pm

Yeah it pretty much stops completely. It seems like the fabric shrinks up on itself just enough to hold all the fibers in place
neojacksparrow
neojacksparrow
Harbour Hog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down