The Brethren Court
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 piece sash

4 posters

Go down

2 piece sash Empty 2 piece sash

Post  Bilge Rat Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:04 am

Forgive me ACME for I have sinned.today I cut my first ACME sash into 2 pieces. The first piece wraps around your middle, nice and tight, and is held in place by the belts. You just have to make sure the end will line up where the sash pocket ( for lack of a better term) and part that hangs down your leg will cover it up. I tried it out and it works great and is so easy to put on. I am going to try it out this weekend at the NorCal Pirate Festival and see how well it holds up this way. It stayed on nice and tight in the test fitting, but I might go back and add some Velcro strips to attach it a bit more securely!
So basically... you wrap the one piece around your middle, nice and tight, then put on belts to hold it in place. Then take the long piece that will hang down your leg and fold it in 1/2, push the folded side up under the top belt, and fold over to make the pocket,... Robert's your Uncle Fannie's your Aunt, and your done! This is very similar to the way the Disney Park Jack's do their sashes. You can't tell it's done in 2 pieces!
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Boatswain

Back to top Go down

2 piece sash Empty Re: 2 piece sash

Post  Bilge Rat Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:53 pm

Ok, I have to say that making the 2 piece sash really seems like the way to go! I have tried Jants way with the loops attached to the back, and also Captain McCools way where you wrap and cross it in the back, which was my preference of choice, but after cutting my old ACME sash in 2 and wearing it all day today, I have to say, It's the easiest way to put it on, you can do it yourself, you can make it nice and tight, it's comfy, and it will not come undone, and the best part is you can adjust the sash flap left to right, and up and down creating any size pocket you want!
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Boatswain

Back to top Go down

Post  Banditxx1 Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:06 am

Ok, that sounds good. I have always problems in attaching the sash correctly and good-looking...

So the two-pieces-solution seems to be a good alternative. But what about using velcro-tape as an additional safety-measure? I think, then you have to decide, where to glue the velcro and then it is always the same spot - no matter of wearing it someday more tight or more loose fit...?!

I want to cut my sash in two pieces, too. But I´m a bit afraid, that it will come undone while I´m wearing it for hours...?! But on the other hand, attaching velcro-tape, needs perfect meisurement and an exactly position, which can´t change anymore... Isn´t it?
Banditxx1
Banditxx1
Jack Tar

Back to top Go down

Post  Maui512 Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:40 am

I did this with my Ikea sash several years ago. Best decision ever! Laughing I had problems with my sash slumping down, so I basically made a cummerbund with it. It closes with Velcro and the loop hides the join. I used 2 pieces on each end. Place them at 90 degrees to each other and you have some adjustment, mine has about 3 inches.

Steve
Maui512
Maui512
Cackhanded Deck Ape

Back to top Go down

Post  Mojo Turbo Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:15 pm

"...the dreaded sash."

Who said that?
Mojo Turbo
Mojo Turbo
Pirate Lord