The Brethren Court
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible lead to real deal OST Vest Fabric...

+9
1qsp
Jinkxed Jack
aelyn000
pinder91
Cap.cristianSparrow
Mojo Turbo
Captain McCool
Capt Jag
Sparrowed
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Possible lead to real deal OST Vest Fabric... Empty Possible lead to real deal OST Vest Fabric...

Post  Sparrowed Wed May 18, 2011 10:49 am

I just read this over at KTTC:

>>>UPDATE on Angelica Fabric: Just for those of you who know jack's that are making his new waist coat this supplier also has the jack fabric too. And my dad is waiting on the price right now. I'll have the contact information soon.<<<

I'll keep you ladies and gents informed!

Keep those cutlasses crossed for luck!!
Sparrowed
Sparrowed
Strumpet
Strumpet

Location : At some sort of high toned and fancy to do up at the Fort

http://pinterest.com/sparrowedx/

Back to top Go down

Possible lead to real deal OST Vest Fabric... Empty Re: Possible lead to real deal OST Vest Fabric...

Post  Capt Jag Wed May 18, 2011 11:10 am

You're my hero....

Marry me.... Wink

Although I do have Scott's awesome fabric and just finished my OST waistcoat late last night, I wouldn't mind seeing the "real deal" fabric and making another...

Do keep us posted...
Capt Jag
Capt Jag
Mate

http://www.thecombatcon.com

Back to top Go down

Possible lead to real deal OST Vest Fabric... Empty Re: Possible lead to real deal OST Vest Fabric...

Post  Sparrowed Wed May 18, 2011 11:35 am

Wow. Two proposals in one month! Shocked

Thanks mate, I shall keep you informed, because I want some too!! wee
Sparrowed
Sparrowed
Strumpet
Strumpet

Back to top Go down

Post  Capt Jag Wed May 18, 2011 11:37 am

Sparrowed wrote:Wow. Two proposals in one month! Shocked

Yeah, that's why I thought it would be funny... Razz
Capt Jag
Capt Jag
Mate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparrowed Wed May 18, 2011 12:24 pm

Please don't shoot the messenger, but it seems it's empire worlds stuff.

Apparently, he has vest fabric, if it's SA, I can't say...

Here's the email for inquiries:

mailto:japsith@gmail.com
Sparrowed
Sparrowed
Strumpet
Strumpet

Back to top Go down

Post  Capt Jag Wed May 18, 2011 1:05 pm

Sparrowed wrote:Please don't shoot the messenger, but it seems it's empire worlds stuff.

Apparently, he has vest fabric, if it's SA, I can't say...

Here's the email for inquiries:

mailto:japsith@gmail.com

(Loads pistol)...This shot is not meant for you...yet... Razz

Well, I would speculate then that it is probably more of the redyed Fabric Guru fabric or another custom job. Again, let me say for yet another time how happy I am with Scott's fabric.

And a certain saucy wench who let me know about him....

Marry me...um...more, I guess?
Capt Jag
Capt Jag
Mate

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain McCool Wed May 18, 2011 4:18 pm

Well, despite their reputation, I would still be interested in what Empire uncovered here. And also how much he's charging for it.
Captain McCool
Captain McCool
Pirate King
Pirate King

http://www.piratesofillrepute.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Mojo Turbo Wed May 18, 2011 10:44 pm

how did you find out it was Empire? I thought it was some 16 year old girl's dad
Mojo Turbo
Mojo Turbo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

http://www.jacksparrowcostuming.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparrowed Wed May 18, 2011 10:48 pm

Sparrowed
Sparrowed
Strumpet
Strumpet

Back to top Go down

Post  Mojo Turbo Wed May 18, 2011 10:52 pm

yea I saw that above... but I don't understand the math - how does that equal empire?
Mojo Turbo
Mojo Turbo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

http://www.jacksparrowcostuming.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cap.cristianSparrow Thu May 19, 2011 2:25 am

just in case.. i was first.. Evil or Very Mad ghost stories
Cap.cristianSparrow
Cap.cristianSparrow
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

https://www.facebook.com/groups/121361184599719/

Back to top Go down

Post  pinder91 Fri May 20, 2011 5:17 pm

Any news on this?
pinder91
pinder91
Cackhanded Deck Ape

Back to top Go down

Post  aelyn000 Thu May 26, 2011 9:47 pm

Well... since the beans have been spilled... here are the details...I have been in talks with Empire and he's been keeping me posted on the status.

The Angelica fabric was leftovers from what was supplied for the movie and he bought up what was left, I believe, and is selling it to the ladies. Pirate Queen Angelica, who Sparrowed mentioned, who's Dad was getting it for her because her uncle works for Disney... ( or something like that, I may have gotten something wrong in all those degrees of separation ) said today that her Dad got it for her from the supplier at $130 a yard. EW is offering it to the ladies at $65/yard, having negotiated down from $100. However, I do believe the lower price was because he bought 30+ and he had mentioned the more interest and yardage he could buy, the less it would cost.

He hasn't said too much about the Jack fabric other than that it is from the same source, who supplied it for the movie. I do know that he put in a request to get quite a bit reproduced and that it is taking quite a bit of time but it has been paid for and he should have it on hand sometime in the summer.

Considering the price difference for the Angelica fabric in what PQA paid and what he is able to sell it to us for, I wouldn't expect the Jack fabric to be cheap, but I don't think it will be outrageous either... then again, the Angelica fabric was on hand leftover and the Jack fabric is being reproduced so that could definitely affect the cost.

He's been really excited about finding this source and I believe it to be genuine. The photo of the Angelica fabric that the supplier sent is pretty unmistakable right down to the metallic gold embroidery. I've expressed that there is going to be an INSANE amount of interest and hype in this ... but he already knows that...so I'm sure you will all see and hear any more details about availability as soon as it becomes...available. Smile

So whether you're OK or not OK with his buy-low-sell-high methods on other items, you've gotta admit...it's a pretty great deal he's struck for the Angelica fabric and he may put all those Jack waistcoat issues and arguments to the depths once the reproduced fabric surfaces. And it's pretty awesome to share it!!
aelyn000
aelyn000
Strumpet
Strumpet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinkxed Jack Fri May 27, 2011 12:49 am

Well, I guess I'll leave my ACME OST waistcoat kit in it's non assembled state. See what happens in the near future and hopefully we'll have some real deal stuff on the Jack market.
Jinkxed Jack
Jinkxed Jack
Jack Tar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinkxed Jack Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:25 am

I'm curious of any kind of update for this, even if it means it's just wishful thinking or Empire is pulling a belated April fools on all of us. lol
Jinkxed Jack
Jinkxed Jack
Jack Tar

Back to top Go down

Post  pinder91 Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:30 pm

No updates that I've heard.
pinder91
pinder91
Cackhanded Deck Ape

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinkxed Jack Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:50 am

Yea, that's disappointing. It looks like the same fabric that ACME used. I don't see any gold in the embroidery whatsoever. It looks black to me.

Possible lead to real deal OST Vest Fabric... DSCN1850

The ACME fabric actually looks better than this does.
Jinkxed Jack
Jinkxed Jack
Jack Tar

Back to top Go down

Post  1qsp Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:54 am

I emailed and he said he didn't make this vest, he bought it from someone else recently and it's originally an acme vest. I also asked if he had any more, and he said that is it, so might be a good buy for those that want one.

1qsp
1qsp
Rascal

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinkxed Jack Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:16 am

1qsp wrote:... it's originally an acme vest.

That's interesting, I have an ACME kit and my cloth looks more purplish. However, that could be the backside of the cloth, because it does have a more blackish tone to the embroidery

Possible lead to real deal OST Vest Fabric... AcmeOSTwaistcoatkit
Jinkxed Jack
Jinkxed Jack
Jack Tar

Back to top Go down

Post  Capn_Jack_Savvy Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:20 am

It's ACME. The material on the back is the same, the front panels are the same, and the button trim is the same.

ACME just is more screen accurate whereas the Empire World version is cut differently at the pocket flaps, the cincher in the back and the button hole trim doesn't cover the opening for the button slit. And ACME had a much more reasonable price as well!

If paying more than $500.00 for a waistcoat it better be the real deal meaning off the Penny Rose sewing machines.
Capn_Jack_Savvy
Capn_Jack_Savvy
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  capt.J.j.sparrow Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:52 am

^^agreed^^
capt.J.j.sparrow
capt.J.j.sparrow
Boatswain

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Captain-Jack-101/178129512224586

Back to top Go down

Post  Button It Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:24 pm

Regardless of merits of the fabrics used, the build quality on that waistcoat is horrendous - you could have it made by a professional tailor for less than the price that is up for sale at. It's the equivalent of buying the most expensive ingredients and then give them to me to cook with Wink If you're going to spend lots of money on something at least get a decent product out of it.
Button It
Button It
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

http://www.simonnewton.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  1qsp Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:38 am

talked to empire today he said 300 for a waistcoat or 275 for fabric
1qsp
1qsp
Rascal

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinkxed Jack Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:32 am

1qsp wrote:talked to empire today he said 300 for a waistcoat or 275 for fabric

But with which fabric?
Jinkxed Jack
Jinkxed Jack
Jack Tar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next