The Brethren Court
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beard extensions question

+3
redsleighdown
bperry
grungegeetargod
7 posters

Go down

Beard extensions question Empty Beard extensions question

Post  grungegeetargod Sun May 08, 2011 6:16 am

Hey there I'm a new member so first I'd like to say hi everyone and thank you for inviting me to this forum. 
I posted this topic because I am currently working on and updating my cotbp costume and I'm having some beard trouble. I've grown my beard out to the length at which one could hide extension braids like they do for Johnny on the DMC bonus features. However I'm having trouble securing the braid extensions to my beard. I have the ms mazie beard braid extensions and I am using spirit gum to attach them.
I would love to hear what I can do to better secure them. If spirit gum is the proper method than could someone explain the correct procedure? Thank you all so much! 
grungegeetargod
Eunuch
Eunuch

Back to top Go down

Beard extensions question Empty Re: Beard extensions question

Post  bperry Sun May 08, 2011 8:32 am

Get hair extension adhesive from Sallys Beauty Supply. That is what Mazie sends with his extensions and it holds strong.
bperry
bperry
Bad Egg

Back to top Go down

Post  grungegeetargod Sun May 08, 2011 1:44 pm

Ive heard alot of people refer to telesis 5. would this be a better option?
grungegeetargod
Eunuch
Eunuch

Back to top Go down

Post  redsleighdown Tue May 10, 2011 3:33 am

redsleighdown
Scurvy dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain McCool Wed May 11, 2011 10:42 pm

I don't know about the other methods, but what I do is attach the braids directly to my skin, just behind some of my beard, which hides where they attach. I can't imagine attaching them to my actual beard hair. That seems like it'd cause a lot of problems. Personally, I use Duo eyelash adhesive to attach mine. It's REALLY strong, and won't come off in hot temperatures, or if you sweat a lot. But it's latex based, so if you're allergic it's not a good idea. And once again, you have to apply it directly to your chin, rather than to your beard itself.
Captain McCool
Captain McCool
Pirate King
Pirate King

http://www.piratesofillrepute.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Pirate Daddy Wed May 11, 2011 11:56 pm

Hey, that's what I use, and I had no idea they used it for the movies! The stuff dries quick and forms a VERY sturdy bond between the extensions and your actual beard. The first time I used it, I forgot to get the dissolver, so I had to cut 'em out, leaving two little bald spots on the bottom of my chin. Embarassed
Pirate Daddy
Pirate Daddy
Bad Egg

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain C Sparrow Fri May 20, 2011 1:10 pm

Awesome!! I am sure this is out there, but if one decided to shave and go with a fake set, what are ye all using? I like having a beard, but sometimes it would be nice to be clean shaven. Smile Thanks for all the tips.
Captain C Sparrow
Captain C Sparrow
Galley Slave

http://captaincsparrow.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jodo Fri May 20, 2011 1:59 pm

Because the fella at Sally's recommended it, I use Proclaim, and it works perfect. I've had muh braids in for a few days now...And they ain't going anywhere. Laughing Suspect Neutral
Jodo
Jodo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down