The Brethren Court
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible new Mustache and Beard supplier....

4 posters

Go down

Possible new Mustache and Beard supplier.... Empty Possible new Mustache and Beard supplier....

Post  Mojo Turbo Tue May 24, 2011 10:08 am

Christopher Payne is the gent who made Brandon Hillock's facial hair. Mustache - soul patch - and beard (no beads)

He is a movie professional and is willing to make a similar set for you... here is what he says...

The beard, mustache and soul patch that I made for Brandon used the beads from his old one. I could look into the beads at a local craft store, but I can't guarantee an exact match.

The cost is high because the facial hair is hand made with wig-quality lace and human hair, and requires many hours of highly specialized labor. The hairs are knotted one or two at a time into the lace. Cheaper lace beards are made by a machine, which is why they look much more artificial.

Here is a video that describes a bit of the process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv5wXwuApK4

I'm sure the beards Disney sells are much cheaper, but their quality isn't nearly as good as mine. I'm sure my prices are not for everyone, but as Brandon can confirm the work speaks for itself. Not trying to sound cocky, I'm just very good at what I do

Those who are interested can PM him on facebook.

Price: $300
Mojo Turbo
Mojo Turbo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

http://www.jacksparrowcostuming.com/

Back to top Go down

Possible new Mustache and Beard supplier.... Empty Re: Possible new Mustache and Beard supplier....

Post  Jinkxed Jack Thu May 26, 2011 12:16 am

$300 smackers? Oh how hard can it be? *clicks on video*

HOLY TEDIOUS! Shocked
Jinkxed Jack
Jinkxed Jack
Jack Tar

Back to top Go down

Possible new Mustache and Beard supplier.... Empty Re: Possible new Mustache and Beard supplier....

Post  redsleighdown Thu May 26, 2011 12:38 am

Yup, I've been talking with him about getting a set. Its expensive but I'll say it looks rather real, especially compared to others I've seen. Might come in handy cuz the job I'm going for will require a close shave.
redsleighdown
Scurvy dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Capt Jag Thu May 26, 2011 6:03 am

What is the color on it? (I can't access the link here at work...) Is it black, or dark brown? Or is it a little more blended with some lighter hair? I think the problem with a lot of fake facial hair is it tends to all be one color, whereas Jack's is dark with some light hairs in there. With the new wig, I actually kind of like the fact that I don't have to darken my natural hair as much, but would love a realistic alternative for those times I'd like to shave. I have the Maize set and it's good enough indoors, but looks a bit too uniform to me which makes it look fake.
Capt Jag
Capt Jag
Mate

http://www.thecombatcon.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down