The Brethren Court
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MWE&D: Adventures of Captain Jack

3 posters

Go down

MWE&D: Adventures of Captain Jack  Empty MWE&D: Adventures of Captain Jack

Post  Captain Matt Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:24 pm

Hello and a fine day to you gents...and ladies!
Allow myself to introduce...myself....I am Matt Wiggins, Captain Matt if you please! New to these shores!
It brings me boundless amounts swashbuckling joy to have the opportunity to embark upon my long awaited metamorphose into all that is and is yet to be Captain Jack Sparrow!

It has taken many long days and wave crashing nights aboard the Pearl to finally arrive here, and it will take many more to complete said task of said completing the all consuming task of becoming....Captain Jack and, or revealing the Captain Jack that has always been inside and outside since that faithful and fateful day in June of 2003 when the pirate that has always lived inside of me since childhood was revealed on the vast ocean of cinematic wonder!

I look forward to becoming a valued member of the Brethren Court and hope to get to know many of you through the adventure and appreciate the treasure chest of information that is contained with the walls of this glorious site!

On High Seas

CAPTAIN MATT

Captain Matt
Captain Matt
Ballast Pig

http://www.mattwigginsentertainment.com

Back to top Go down

MWE&D: Adventures of Captain Jack  Empty Re: MWE&D: Adventures of Captain Jack

Post  Banditxx1 Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:12 pm

Welcome mate and greetings from germany...
;-)
Banditxx1
Banditxx1
Jack Tar

Back to top Go down

Post  Mojo Turbo Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:47 am

Welcome aboard! Ask questions! Become a nuisance we don't care, we love to help and share.

Pearl 
Mojo Turbo
Mojo Turbo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

http://www.jacksparrowcostuming.com/

Back to top Go down

MWE&D: Adventures of Captain Jack  Empty MWE&D: ADVENTURES OF CAPTAIN JACK- WIG: ACT I

Post  Captain Matt Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:20 pm

CAPTAIN MATT'S WIG DESIGN
ACT I
IN THE BEGINNING

Ahoy mates Jolly Roger 

After undergoing extensive (and ongoing) research and mind-numbing cranial pontification associated with the conundrum of the wig and attempting to decide what heading to take regarding said wig design, including but certainly not limited to: contacting Scott at Yourdreem for a possible custom design and attempting contact with a couple other recommended wig makers from the forum list (some of which seem to be out of date) , skowering ebay and other sites for pre-made wigs, and attempting to seek out a method using my own long hair etc.; in the end I have made the risky, all be it the more adventurous and rewarding, decision to create my own custom from scratch design!  Honestly, I appreciate elements from all 4 film designs (CBP/DMC/AWE/OST): from the simplicity and free flowing character of the original to the eclectic busyness of the 4th (OST is my least favorite).  I am extremely excited to see what changes and adaptations will be incorporated in DMTNT!
Throughout the time I have spent researching the wig, and every other detail of the costume, this forum and Jack Sparrow Costuming have been a huge blessing! However, I digress!

Below I have attached a couple photos of the base elements, including the base  (most of which will be incorporated into the back braid) and Kanekalon Hair, to create the foundation .  I know there are any number of tutorials out there regarding dread making and I am planning on doing a test dread this weekend using the traditional backcombing method.  If any of you have any up to the moment advice on how to create the dreads efficiently with the most true (SA) and durable results, I would love to engage in that discussion!  Furthermore, I am in the market, as it were, for the all of the accessories that will be needed to complete the wig.  I am researching and am confident that I will find what I need in time, however, if any of you have any advise or recourses that would be helpful in my commandeering all of the necessary wig accoutrements let me know.

For those that are interested, I am also going to be posting some initial info and updates on where I am regarding other pieces of my wardrobe in the costume thread(s).

Until our next correspondence gentleman....and laides - we musn't forget the lovely ladies that sail our high seas!  

Pearl 
Captain Matt

BASE WIG TEST FITTING AND TEST PHOTOS FOR MY CUSTOM J.S. HEAD GEAR - (wig purchased at a local wig and hair supply store in my current port of call )
MWE&D: Adventures of Captain Jack  <a href=MWE&D: Adventures of Captain Jack  Captma18" />

BASE WIG AND KANEKALON HAIR
MWE&D: Adventures of Captain Jack  <a href=MWE&D: Adventures of Captain Jack  Captma19" />

VARIOUS ANGLES/LIGHTING OF THE BASE WIG
MWE&D: Adventures of Captain Jack  <a href=MWE&D: Adventures of Captain Jack  Captma20" />

MWE&D: Adventures of Captain Jack  <a href=MWE&D: Adventures of Captain Jack  Captma25" />

MWE&D OST CAPTAIN JACK AND CAPTAIN JACK CONCEPT RENDERING (I WILL NOT BE GOING WITH A STRICT OST WIG DESIGN)
MWE&D: Adventures of Captain Jack  <a href=MWE&D: Adventures of Captain Jack  Captma24" />

Last edited by Captain Matt on Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:12 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Edit Title for Consistency and Correct Photo URL Errors)
Captain Matt
Captain Matt
Ballast Pig

http://www.mattwigginsentertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down