The Brethren Court
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FleetStreetNightmare's Captain Jack Sparrow Photos

+9
iJackSparrow
Dutchman
lonewolf
Bilge Rat
bicas
cluey
Banditxx1
Mojo Turbo
FleetStreetNightmare
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

FleetStreetNightmare's Captain Jack Sparrow Photos Empty FleetStreetNightmare's Captain Jack Sparrow Photos

Post  FleetStreetNightmare Sun May 05, 2013 8:49 pm

So, it has been brought to my attention that I have not yet posted full pictures of my as Captain Jack Sparrow (I posted earlier before I went to Otakon 2012, but it looks like those photos have gone missing, probably for the better lol).

I have been doing Captain Jack Sparrow for around one year now (started actually gathering parts for his costume in the beginning of July last year so I could have the pieces in time for a convention in Maryland). I am still on my first go at Captain Jack Sparrow and have only updated a few items since I started.
The pictures below are from the middle of April from this year. Got them taken by a friend of mine from college who is majoring in photography. So she got some photos for her portfolio and I got some good shots of me as Captain Jack Sparrow for my Facebook xD It was a win win situation

Below is an accuracy disclaimer: You don't have to read it. I just thought I would include it because you guys will probably notice all of the inaccuracies in these photos... the below paragraph sort of explains them all lol

My costume is not in the condition that I would like it to be at this point, needs more weathering and a whole bunch of updates, but I am fairly happy with how it is now. Unfortunately before these photos were taken, my Kuchi strand had fallen out somewhere in Boston and I had not gotten my new strand yet, so that is why it is missing in these photos :-( Also, my pants are not correct and neither is my vest really (need to replace the buttons on it and I am pretty sure the material on the back is not totally SA). Since these photos I have also gotten a new baldric from ACME Brand and have yet to get good photos with that new update. You may also notice that I am missing the chicken foot and have a weird blue charm hanging from my belt. That blue charm is one of those evil-eye things that a friend gave me, so I figured I'd just hang it off of my belt (probably should take it off though), and I have not gotten around to getting a new chicken foot yet.

So yea, been doing this for a year and I still have not made a lot of progress on my costume, but I figured I should post since these new photos (I think) turned out very nicely. I am un-creative and just tried to copy a bunch of poses from promo posters that I saw online. One of the poses is actually from an OST poster, but I liked the pose so I decided to use it. It also bothers me that my bandana seems to be sitting strangely on my head... I guess that day just wasn't my day. Should have had my friend photoshop it to look straighter lol
Yea, so photos can be seen below. Let me know what you guys think
Hopefully I'm not too awful at this (I feel like I need to improve a lot in order to be up to par with the rest of you guys). I need to somehow make myself look more Depp-ish, because as it stands now, I look nothing like him :-( I still go out as Jack Sparrow though because it is great fun, I always have a good time doing it.

FleetStreetNightmare's Captain Jack Sparrow Photos 58794_151454215025733_1618317133_n_zps0ec975b7

FleetStreetNightmare's Captain Jack Sparrow Photos 525264_151454091692412_2000131550_n_zpsd2e70ffa

FleetStreetNightmare's Captain Jack Sparrow Photos 521843_151455828358905_629313978_n_zpsec0de163

FleetStreetNightmare's Captain Jack Sparrow Photos 522093_151455191692302_2103857917_n_zpsa86d95f6

Last edited by FleetStreetNightmare on Fri May 10, 2013 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
FleetStreetNightmare
FleetStreetNightmare
Mate

Back to top Go down

FleetStreetNightmare's Captain Jack Sparrow Photos Empty Re: FleetStreetNightmare's Captain Jack Sparrow Photos

Post  Mojo Turbo Sun May 05, 2013 8:53 pm

Oh no, I remember your first pics, you've come along way - GREAT JOB!

BTW is some of that your real hair? (on your head...)
Mojo Turbo
Mojo Turbo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

http://www.jacksparrowcostuming.com/

Back to top Go down

FleetStreetNightmare's Captain Jack Sparrow Photos Empty Re: FleetStreetNightmare's Captain Jack Sparrow Photos

Post  FleetStreetNightmare Sun May 05, 2013 9:04 pm

Oh no... lol Looking at those pics now, they were so awful :-P
Thank you very much!

Nope. It's all a wig. I made the dreadlocks and then sewed them onto a base wig

My project for this summer is making a new wig (possibly OST since I plan on updating to that before POTC 5 comes out) and acquiring a pair of CAboots. Within the next year I want to get a coat and tricorn hat. Also need to buy a couple new shirts since I use this costume pretty often and my Paulipoos shirt is getting pretty work (that will probably get done over this summer too).
FleetStreetNightmare
FleetStreetNightmare
Mate

Back to top Go down

Post  Banditxx1 Mon May 06, 2013 2:15 am

Looks great so far ...

And mostly I like your tattoo ... *smile* your tattoo really looks great ... ;-). Obviously you use the stamp in the correct and right way...

Greetz from Germany ...
Banditxx1
Banditxx1
Jack Tar

Back to top Go down

Post  cluey Mon May 06, 2013 3:23 am

Looks great, nice work. thumbsup

Do you use a stamp for your tattoo? If so where did you get it from?
Im using tattoo papper for mine, but I'm not happy with the way it looks. Sad
cluey
cluey
Bilge rat

Back to top Go down

Post  FleetStreetNightmare Mon May 06, 2013 5:27 am

Thanks guys!
Banditxx1, yea took me a couple of tries at first but now I'm used to doing it and it goes on correctly every time. But it works wonderfully and I am so glad that I bought it

Cluey, I got the tattoo stamp from the person who posted before you, Banditxx1. Works so well and the ink I got with it lasts for a pretty long time (usually for 1 week which is impressive for just ink)
I used to buy temporary tattoos from Jonty Depp and they were also amazing, but it got kinda expensive having to buy them every other month or so
FleetStreetNightmare
FleetStreetNightmare
Mate

Back to top Go down

FleetStreetNightmare's Captain Jack Sparrow Photos Empty FleetStreetNightmare's Captain Jack Sparrow Photos

Post  bicas Fri May 10, 2013 4:01 pm

it looks very good to me! =) congratulations!
bicas
bicas
Bilge Swiller

http://filipecsabino.wix.com/art

Back to top Go down

Post  FleetStreetNightmare Fri May 10, 2013 9:36 pm

Thank you very much bicas!
FleetStreetNightmare
FleetStreetNightmare
Mate

Back to top Go down

Post  Bilge Rat Fri May 10, 2013 9:59 pm

What ink do you use? I have an ink pad, but it only lasts a short while.
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Boatswain

Back to top Go down

Post  FleetStreetNightmare Sun May 12, 2013 7:44 pm

Pretty sure that this is the ink that came with my stamp. It lasts on me for pretty long, usually around 1 week
FleetStreetNightmare
FleetStreetNightmare
Mate

Back to top Go down

Post  lonewolf Thu May 16, 2013 2:00 pm

You look great, and such a lovely complexion!
lonewolf
lonewolf
Rascal

Back to top Go down

Post  FleetStreetNightmare Fri May 17, 2013 10:54 pm

Thank you very much!

I put on a little bit of foundation to even out my skin tone a bit (because it is definitely not that even without makeup). I think I may need to do more makeup though. I don't think I am quite tan enough and I probably should start doing subtle contouring makeup, but I am just so lazy with that kind of stuff and honestly don't like doing makeup lol
FleetStreetNightmare
FleetStreetNightmare
Mate

Back to top Go down

Post  FleetStreetNightmare Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:20 pm

So this past weekend I went to an Anime convention in the Chicago, IL area. I attended Anime Midwest and got some pretty nice photos taken of myself. I thought that I would share them here.

FleetStreetNightmare's Captain Jack Sparrow Photos 455_zps8b1604d7

FleetStreetNightmare's Captain Jack Sparrow Photos 531_zps3ddc69a4

FleetStreetNightmare's Captain Jack Sparrow Photos 571_zps9184001a

FleetStreetNightmare's Captain Jack Sparrow Photos 579edit_zps6439c4bb

FleetStreetNightmare's Captain Jack Sparrow Photos 435_zps2bd37204

FleetStreetNightmare's Captain Jack Sparrow Photos 478_zps37e40c72
FleetStreetNightmare
FleetStreetNightmare
Mate

Back to top Go down

Post  Mojo Turbo Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:28 am

everything looks awesome! I'd say your the cutest Jack we got... so... obviously it's time to dirty up that face and get a new more realistic beard

Laughing 

There are a lot of girls on youtube showing how to make realistic beards.
Mojo Turbo
Mojo Turbo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  FleetStreetNightmare Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:22 am

Thanks! Yea I think I will start using different stuff to make the beard since this stuff is easy to put on, but doesn't look all that great. I was watching this video yesterday, so I need to actually find some time to do a makeup test.
FleetStreetNightmare
FleetStreetNightmare
Mate

Back to top Go down

Post  Dutchman Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:40 pm

Great work on your costume.
Dutchman
Dutchman
Galley Slave

Back to top Go down

Post  FleetStreetNightmare Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:39 pm

Thank you very much!
FleetStreetNightmare
FleetStreetNightmare
Mate

Back to top Go down

Post  Banditxx1 Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:37 pm

Yeah, you did a great job.

Where did you get those keys ( on the right side of the belts )? That is one costumepart I still need for my outfit.
Banditxx1
Banditxx1
Jack Tar

Back to top Go down

Post  FleetStreetNightmare Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:53 pm

Thanks! Not sure where the keys are from, my friend gave them to me for Christmas lol
I think she got them on Amazon.com though
FleetStreetNightmare
FleetStreetNightmare
Mate

Back to top Go down

Post  Mojo Turbo Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:49 pm

Mojo Turbo
Mojo Turbo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Banditxx1 Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:10 pm

Thaaaanks for the link.thank

...but they don't ship to germany. Just tried to order the keys...Grumpy

But now I found some similar german offers on ebay. :-)
Banditxx1
Banditxx1
Jack Tar

Back to top Go down

Post  Banditxx1 Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:00 am

By the way....:

What are these keys for? Where did Jack get them and in what part of the movie do they appear? I like the keyring as a costume-detail, but I can't remember it's sense and appearance...?
Banditxx1
Banditxx1
Jack Tar

Back to top Go down

Post  FleetStreetNightmare Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:58 pm

He uses them to get to the rum in the beginning of DMC, like 13 min in or so lol
FleetStreetNightmare
FleetStreetNightmare
Mate

Back to top Go down

Post  Banditxx1 Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:10 pm

Aaah yes... you are right. That's when he meets Bootstrap Bill.
Thank you.
Banditxx1
Banditxx1
Jack Tar

Back to top Go down

Post  FleetStreetNightmare Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:00 pm

Alright so I've had my OST updates done for a while but I didn't have the correct PO8 for my bandana so I wanted to hold off on posting photos up here. But now this photo I got, I have the wrong beads on my beard braids because I lost the beard braids the day before this event, so I just had to make makeshift beard braids (no one noticed that they had the wrong beads on them though so that's good).
So yea, here is a pic of my OST updates.

The vest I know isn't SA, it is one that I bought on eBay that looked close enough for now and actually seems to photograph pretty well. I was told by Miguel Mercado that it was his first vest that was then sold to someone else, so that's kinda cool I guess. I was trying to figure out where this vest came from because it looked nothing like any OST vest I had ever seen. Aaaannndd I am still missing the chicken foot, plus I have the wrong trade bead strand, but that will get sorted out, eventually.

FleetStreetNightmare's Captain Jack Sparrow Photos 9667113843_7f0e95a3d7_o_zps08ce4a9d
FleetStreetNightmare
FleetStreetNightmare
Mate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next