The Brethren Court
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Didn't know where to post this but I found plastic rum bottles

+2
Capt Jag
jacksadventures
6 posters

Go down

Didn't know where to post this but I found plastic rum bottles  Empty Didn't know where to post this but I found plastic rum bottles

Post  jacksadventures Wed May 16, 2012 10:10 am

Here you go look what I found fair safe green rum bottles [img]Didn't know where to post this but I found plastic rum bottles  152d9841[/img]
jacksadventures
jacksadventures
I'm On A Boat!

Back to top Go down

Didn't know where to post this but I found plastic rum bottles  Empty Re: Didn't know where to post this but I found plastic rum bottles

Post  jacksadventures Wed May 16, 2012 7:36 pm

Here they are weatherd ! You would never know there plastic [img]Didn't know where to post this but I found plastic rum bottles  D7284f53[/img]
jacksadventures
jacksadventures
I'm On A Boat!

Back to top Go down

Didn't know where to post this but I found plastic rum bottles  Empty Re: Didn't know where to post this but I found plastic rum bottles

Post  Capt Jag Fri May 18, 2012 7:30 am

Where did you find those - I needs me one for those events what don't like glass bottles!
Capt Jag
Capt Jag
Mate

http://www.thecombatcon.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jacksadventures Fri May 18, 2012 9:23 am

Hey message me mate I can get you one
jacksadventures
jacksadventures
I'm On A Boat!

Back to top Go down

Post  Capn_Jack_Savvy Fri May 18, 2012 11:53 am

JackAdventures!! Interested too mate! Jolly Roger
Capn_Jack_Savvy
Capn_Jack_Savvy
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Banditxx1 Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:28 am

Hello mateys...

I just diverted an old empty bottle from its intended use ... and turned it into a rum bottle for JS-role-playing...

If anyone is interested, hereĀ“s the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jack-Sparrow-Deko-RUM-BOTTLE-THE-KRAKEN-21-cm-/261128843239?pt=DE_Filme_DVD_s_TV_Fanartikel&hash=item3ccc7defe7

I offer three bottles, two of them are 23 cm high, the smaller one is 21 cm. All of them are strunged with hemp line for attaching them to your belts or at your wrist ... savvy?!

Greetz from germany... wheres rum
Banditxx1
Banditxx1
Jack Tar

Back to top Go down

Post  jack o fan Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:55 pm

WOW....those are plastic? Nice.
jack o fan
jack o fan
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post  Banditxx1 Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:06 pm

No...sorry, mine are really glas. The bottles on the first pictures seem to be made out of plastic.
They are really cool, but I couldn't find them here in germany. So I had to find an alternative way for
playing "...why is the rum always gone...?!"... wheres rum
Banditxx1
Banditxx1
Jack Tar

Back to top Go down

Post  jacksadventures Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:51 pm

hey mate you should weather them
jacksadventures
jacksadventures
I'm On A Boat!

Back to top Go down

Post  Banditxx1 Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:51 pm

Yes, you are absolutely right. Therefore I just burned the edges of the label and also created some dark spots on it.

But what can I do, to weather the bottles a bit more? Spray paint them with matte-black a bit or do you have another good hint, advice for me?

It's always about weathering and distressing. This is the most important part with all costume-pieces. But for that, I always need a great portion of courage, because I have to bring myself to "destroy", "dirten" a (mostly expensive) new costume-part or piece... and then I fear, that it might be too much or is going to be completely destroyed.
That was - for example - the reason, why I ordered the dark-brown (chocolate A1) boots from caboots. The brighter beige ones are much better, if they are perfectly weathered and distressed. But for me, that seemed to be too difficult. And the danger to ruin a pair of 400$-boots let me order the dark-brown ones...
Banditxx1
Banditxx1
Jack Tar

Back to top Go down

Post  Bilge Rat Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:06 am

Banditxx1 the date of 1830 on yiur rum bottles puts them about
80 years past the timeline of the Pirates of the Caribbean movie.
A timeline of events as depicted and mentioned in the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise. A specific date for the placement of the first three films has not been given. Though the film's scriptwriters, while making the first film, placed them in a "floating thirty-year environment" set in the 18th century, sometime around the 1720s to 1750s. Although On Stranger Tides was said to be placed at the year 1750.
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Boatswain

Back to top Go down

Post  Banditxx1 Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:31 am

See... that's why I love to be a member of the Brethren Court..,!

I didn't know, in what years the movies were placed - but here I can find the accumulation of knowledge and expertise.
Thanks for the hint.

I will change the labelprint if someone wants to have changed the year, no problem. But it's really cool, to learn such details by the way ...

Banditxx1
Banditxx1
Jack Tar

Back to top Go down

Post  jacksadventures Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:41 pm

so there not plastic? if so you might want to add this to your own thread with a different title lol
jacksadventures
jacksadventures
I'm On A Boat!

Back to top Go down

Post  Banditxx1 Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:55 pm

Where did you get these plastic bottles?
Is it possible, to order them in the internet?

I couldn't find them on ebay or in a shop in germany...
Banditxx1
Banditxx1
Jack Tar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down