The Brethren Court
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have Anna Maria Buckle - Need the Belt!

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Have Anna Maria Buckle - Need the Belt! - Page 2 Empty Re: Have Anna Maria Buckle - Need the Belt!

Post  Captain McCool Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:19 pm

Hehehe... Twisted Evil

But seriously, thanks! I actually prefer the CotBP baldric to the one from the other films, but I rarely get to take it out, since I'm usually doing a DMC/AWE impression.
Captain McCool
Captain McCool
Pirate King
Pirate King

http://www.piratesofillrepute.org

Back to top Go down

Have Anna Maria Buckle - Need the Belt! - Page 2 Empty Good Advice

Post  Jack Is Back Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:23 pm

Captain McCool wrote:Yep, once again, I totally know the feeling.

As for my own belt, it's exactly 2" wide. However, the overstock belt blanks I have from PotC (absolutely true, by the way - a friend of mine has a business buying and selling film costumes, and one of the auctions he bought included a huge quantity of overstock and scrap leather from the Pirates 2 and 3 costume department) are around 2.5". I can always cut one of these down to 2" if you prefer.

And yes, I totally know what you mean about color. Jack's belt in the films really appears to just be natural, undyed leather that has been aged a lot. The pictures of mine show pretty well what the one I can make would look like after a little wear. On it I used just the smallest amount of antique leather stain in a tan color, with overtones of a medium brown in some parts. I can certainly make it a bit darker if you'd like, or I can even leave it a natural tan leather color to let it darken naturally with age (though this takes a while, and I wouldn't necessarily recommend it). Also keep in mind that leather is a bit of a fickle mistress, so pretty much every piece comes out very slightly differently. That being said, I will always endeavor to get as close as humanly possible to the screen-accurate coloration.

Good advice Captain McCool.
Do you have any pics on how it finally turned out/

Thanks

Jack Is back
Jack Is Back
Rascal

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2