The Brethren Court
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MAKEUP: Skin Illustrator, palettes, eyes, airbrushing and whatnot...

+16
Captain Val Tallpirate
jacksadventures
capt.J.j.sparrow
blueyedjack
Capn_Jack_Savvy
Mojo Turbo
BroadSword
bperry
TheCursed
Captain McCool
Button It
Cap.cristianSparrow
Trig Sparrow
MadSparrow869
aelyn000
Fenthedog
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

MAKEUP: Skin Illustrator, palettes, eyes, airbrushing and whatnot... Empty MAKEUP: Skin Illustrator, palettes, eyes, airbrushing and whatnot...

Post  Fenthedog Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:18 pm

Whilst perusing the new pics of our favourit Pirate I couldnt help noticing? or is it me? His Khol eye liner seems much more darker than that of the past! Or maybe its just my colourblindness?
Embarassed
Fenthedog
Fenthedog
Eunuch
Eunuch

Back to top Go down

MAKEUP: Skin Illustrator, palettes, eyes, airbrushing and whatnot... Empty Re: MAKEUP: Skin Illustrator, palettes, eyes, airbrushing and whatnot...

Post  aelyn000 Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:51 pm

definitely darker. and fuller. it's over almost his whole top eyelid from the crease down!
aelyn000
aelyn000
Strumpet
Strumpet

Back to top Go down

MAKEUP: Skin Illustrator, palettes, eyes, airbrushing and whatnot... Empty Re: MAKEUP: Skin Illustrator, palettes, eyes, airbrushing and whatnot...

Post  MadSparrow869 Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:58 am

could anyone have considered it's a new one instead of the crew applying it thicker, savvy
MadSparrow869
MadSparrow869
Landlubber

Back to top Go down

Post  Trig Sparrow Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:51 am

to me he looks like a raccoon and I personally don't like it as much as the AWE look

MAKEUP: Skin Illustrator, palettes, eyes, airbrushing and whatnot... Raccoon-in-a-bad-mood
Trig Sparrow
Trig Sparrow
Eunuch
Eunuch

Back to top Go down

Post  Cap.cristianSparrow Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:21 pm

good one Trig Sparrow lol..

well is not "i like " or "i dont like "... is just Jack after all...

Cap.cristianSparrow
Cap.cristianSparrow
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

https://www.facebook.com/groups/121361184599719/

Back to top Go down

Post  Button It Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:24 am

Well the makeup artist has changed for OST. I'm guessing Joel had a chat with Mr Depp and they decided on a few subtle changes - the eyebrow scar is also much more pronounced, and of course we all know the cross has just appeared.
Button It
Button It
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

http://www.simonnewton.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Cap.cristianSparrow Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:27 pm

welcome aboard Sir.Simon
Cap.cristianSparrow
Cap.cristianSparrow
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

https://www.facebook.com/groups/121361184599719/

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain McCool Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:00 pm

Aye, he does seem to have racoon eyes in the new film. 'Course, with bloody EVERYONE wearing eyeliner now (except perhaps Barbossa), I'm sure he had to up it a notch, just to stand out, haha.

I tried applying mine really dark and thick for this Juvenile Diabetes Foundation fundraiser the other day, and I kept getting stopped by friends of mine from the ren faire saying, "did you do your eyeliner darker today? I kinda' liked it the other way."
Captain McCool
Captain McCool
Pirate King
Pirate King

http://www.piratesofillrepute.org

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCursed Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:56 am

It does draw your eyes in though, that combined with new wig crap is kind of distracting...Will have to experiment, go out like a panda and see.
TheCursed
TheCursed
Mate

Back to top Go down

Post  bperry Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:15 am

I find that my eyeliner looks dark when I first apply it then it will smudge after it is on a while.
bperry
bperry
Bad Egg

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:03 am

I wear my eyeliner like that everyday...

But besides that, I don't think there's much difference after comparing these two poster images. What I do notice is that he's wearing the kohl corner to corner whereas in the DMC poster it appears to stop short of the corners of his eye.

MAKEUP: Skin Illustrator, palettes, eyes, airbrushing and whatnot... Bb1132cd

MAKEUP: Skin Illustrator, palettes, eyes, airbrushing and whatnot... 1bb83e01

Back to top Go down

MAKEUP: Skin Illustrator, palettes, eyes, airbrushing and whatnot... Empty Airbrushing

Post  BroadSword Wed May 11, 2011 11:23 am

Does anyone out there do the airbrushing method for tanning your skin? The movie "Valkyrie" was filming a couple years back I was in the opening desert scene and they used airbrushing on all of us to get the weathered/tan look. It seemed to work pretty well and it came off relatively easily.

I was curious if anyone here did that and if so, what model of airbrush did you use. I see plenty of them on ebay, but it would be nice to know what model has been used with success.
BroadSword
BroadSword
Scurvy dog

Back to top Go down

MAKEUP: Skin Illustrator, palettes, eyes, airbrushing and whatnot... Empty Does OST Jack still have the syph scar?

Post  Mojo Turbo Thu May 12, 2011 12:31 am

I thought I read somewhere that the red jawbone scar was gone.... I'm looking through my pics, and they are either the wrong side, or his dreads are in the way. I would imagine it's still there .

I actually only have 1 picture of it, and it's from one of the Hawaii fan-taken pictures.

Is it just less pronounced?
Mojo Turbo
Mojo Turbo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

http://www.jacksparrowcostuming.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Button It Thu May 12, 2011 3:56 am

It's still there. It's a new makeup team so that probably explains certain changes, like the eyebrow one being more pronounced.
Button It
Button It
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

http://www.simonnewton.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Capn_Jack_Savvy Sun May 15, 2011 11:29 pm

Saw the movie again on Saturday night! Made certain many things discussed on this board were observed the second time around.

Yes the red spot is still there. Not very noticeable in many of the stills and PR shots of Jack. But it is there in the movie. Jolly Roger
Capn_Jack_Savvy
Capn_Jack_Savvy
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  blueyedjack Tue May 17, 2011 1:54 am

As a proud airbrush owner I can honestly say that somtimes its better to pay that little extra to get a better model. I use a gravity fed duel action airbrush with an air compressor. The cheap option is a badger airbrush at about £20-£30 on a can of airbrush propellent. as I use my airbrush on my model railway so much and the can of propellent will hardly last painting one locomotive if that I doubt that proppelant would be suitable for self tanning. http://www.expotools.com/ follow thw link and look at the airbrush kit AB602, it's what I use and gives me no trouble and a bargin for a duel action, gravity fedairbrush and compressor. Now although I havn't yet got round to trying to spray on fake tan with it it has never failed me otherwise Smile
blueyedjack
blueyedjack
Blaggard

Back to top Go down

Post  BroadSword Tue May 17, 2011 10:17 am

Thanks for the info. I have other uses for the airbrush so getting a decent brand/model is important. Thanks!
BroadSword
BroadSword
Scurvy dog

Back to top Go down

MAKEUP: Skin Illustrator, palettes, eyes, airbrushing and whatnot... Empty makeup....manly I know

Post  capt.J.j.sparrow Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:05 am

makeup tips? Okay so I decide to do cheek contours when I go out as jack... I saw some less than flattering shots and well.... now I add sunken cheeks....I bought a contour brush and everything (Jack sure makes me feel manly sometimes). And it got me wondering what tips my fellow Capt'n Jacks (or even non Jacks) have on doing there makeup?
capt.J.j.sparrow
capt.J.j.sparrow
Boatswain

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Captain-Jack-101/178129512224586

Back to top Go down

Post  jacksadventures Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:21 am

i do mine with pirate pallet air brush black with my airbrush it looks very very real
jacksadventures
jacksadventures
I'm On A Boat!

Back to top Go down

MAKEUP: Skin Illustrator, palettes, eyes, airbrushing and whatnot... Empty Airbrushing Jack's tan

Post  Captain Val Tallpirate Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:04 pm

I've done the Ben Nye Bronzing Tint and hydra sponge for a long time now..it's about time to step up the game a bit.

I saw eunuch' tutorial a long time ago about using an airbrush spray + compressor to apply the Ve Neill's liquid alcohol-activated makeup (in liquid form).

Are there any updates to this technique?
Captain Val Tallpirate
Captain Val Tallpirate
Scoundrel

http://www.tallpirate.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jacksadventures Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:07 pm

I have been doing this for a bout a year it's so much easer to blen with the air brush it's pretty pricy to refill but it works very well I use the air brus black to do my tattoo and natural 2 to do my tan it works best with the green marbal sealer
jacksadventures
jacksadventures
I'm On A Boat!

Back to top Go down

MAKEUP: Skin Illustrator, palettes, eyes, airbrushing and whatnot... Empty Cheeky bone structure

Post  capt.J.j.sparrow Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:37 am

So I suffer from cheekus chipmunkus..... qnd I'm experimenting on new ways to get that high structure look close to JD.....not coming so well....
here's my recent attempt after Halloween..... my pictures were bad....
MAKEUP: Skin Illustrator, palettes, eyes, airbrushing and whatnot... 006-1
feedback?
capt.J.j.sparrow
capt.J.j.sparrow
Boatswain

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Captain-Jack-101/178129512224586

Back to top Go down

Post  jacksadventures Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:48 am

I do something similar with the pirate pallett just enhance what's there the trick is keeping it subtle
jacksadventures
jacksadventures
I'm On A Boat!

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain McCool Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:04 am

Yeah, I tried in a very amateur fashion to shadow my cheekbones this summer while working the ren faire, but I never got it right somehow. I always just sort of looked dirty, heh. And not in a very "Jack" way either.
Captain McCool
Captain McCool
Pirate King
Pirate King

http://www.piratesofillrepute.org

Back to top Go down

Post  FrankSparrow Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:54 pm

Good luck on the cheek bone endeavor and AWESOME shirt, love that band especially ScreamWorks and Dark Light.
FrankSparrow
FrankSparrow
Blaggard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next