The Brethren Court
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

That Elusive Banjara Red Tassel Doohickie Thingie

+2
Jinkxed Jack
Capn_Jack_Savvy
6 posters

Go down

That Elusive Banjara Red Tassel Doohickie Thingie Empty That Elusive Banjara Red Tassel Doohickie Thingie

Post  Capn_Jack_Savvy Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:50 pm

I have been on a quest for these things for quite some time now. I'm beginning to think they are called something different or they do not exist in real life.

I had a great lead on a Wholesale company in Delhi but the guy didn't have very many of the tassels in the bracelets he had listed. When push came to shove he finally sent me a bunch of pictures of what he had received and wanted me to buy the whole lot of 24 pieces at $15.00 a piece. I told he specifically what I was looking for long before I struck a long term conversation with him.

Alas I had to break off the deal because there was no way I was paying over $300.00 for Indian jewelry in which only four to five tassels existed.

I guess it is off to the sculpting room for this bad boy! Pirate Book
Capn_Jack_Savvy
Capn_Jack_Savvy
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

That Elusive Banjara Red Tassel Doohickie Thingie Empty Re: That Elusive Banjara Red Tassel Doohickie Thingie

Post  Jinkxed Jack Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:25 pm

Capn_Jack_Savvy wrote:... I'm beginning to think they are called something different or they do not exist in real life.

Naw, they exist, it's just that they are extremely rare. The tassels that we are looking for come from anklets that are antiques/vintage, ones that aren't being made in that style anymore, nor have been made for a few decades. At least that's what I've concluded from all the searching and research I've done of the Banjara nomadic people from the Rajasthan region of India. Being a nomadic people, they tend to move around over the years and I would imagine that the adornments that they make are based upon what materials they could get their hands on at the time. Seems like all the anklets I see the most have white shells attached or have the little multi-colored "pom-poms". It's one of those things that you just have to keep an eye out for. Or you could take a trip out to India and search for one yourself, lol...talk about a needle in a haystack.
Jinkxed Jack
Jinkxed Jack
Jack Tar

Back to top Go down

That Elusive Banjara Red Tassel Doohickie Thingie Empty Re: That Elusive Banjara Red Tassel Doohickie Thingie

Post  HBJack Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:28 pm

Really Charles the ones I gave to you weren't good enough? Really?
HBJack
HBJack
Ballast Pig

Back to top Go down

Post  liarr Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:07 pm

I can't wait to see the creations! Get back to work! Laughing
liarr
liarr
Mate

http://www.captainhenryspiratestore.com

Back to top Go down

Post  liarr Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:15 pm

Charles, there thread at KTTC a while back, http://www.keeptothecode.com/bboard/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=20426&hilit=banjara
That Elusive Banjara Red Tassel Doohickie Thingie Banjaraanklet011-1

Hope this helps! Smile
liarr
liarr
Mate

http://www.captainhenryspiratestore.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Capn_Jack_Savvy Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:09 am

It fell off and went down to see "old Hobbs!"

HB Jack where have you been hiding mate?
Capn_Jack_Savvy
Capn_Jack_Savvy
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Bilge Rat Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:54 pm

I have a friend traveling across India at the moment,( been gone for almost a month ) and before he left I told him to be on the look out Sparrow for some of these Banjara tassel dohickey thingymajiggers. Well he thinks he found something I could use! In the middle of some out of the way little village in the middle of India, and doing some pillaging Pillage he found a very old, very well used Banjara shoulder band, that he says has a few of these tassle things on it. ( At least that is what he thinks they are!) I hopefully will have it in my hands by the end of next week. He is in Japan now and will soon be on his way home! Pearl
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Boatswain

Back to top Go down

Post  HBJack Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:06 pm

What if I cast these in metal? Who's interested? What say you?
HBJack
HBJack
Ballast Pig

Back to top Go down

Post  capt.J.j.sparrow Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:32 pm

HBJack wrote:What if I cast these in metal? Who's interested? What say you?
price?
capt.J.j.sparrow
capt.J.j.sparrow
Boatswain

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Captain-Jack-101/178129512224586

Back to top Go down

Post  HBJack Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:01 am

Maybe ACME should add this to his "Wig Trinket Set"? Richard, what do you think?
HBJack
HBJack
Ballast Pig

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down