The Brethren Court
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OST Wig, Bandanna and Zombie Finger

+10
bperry
pinder91
Capn_Jack_Savvy
redsleighdown
Cap.cristianSparrow
liarr
TheCursed
Jinkxed Jack
ClownPrinceofCrime89
Mojo Turbo
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

OST Wig, Bandanna and Zombie Finger Empty OST Wig, Bandanna and Zombie Finger

Post  Mojo Turbo Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:20 am

Aside from a new buckle, a new gun, a new waistcoat and a tiny "X" on the cheek - Jack's wig and new dangle have been a huge discussion item, so it is best to begin a "Master Thread" (yes, I said it) where most of this discussion can be incorporated and discussed.

Feel free to share pictures, ask questions and otherwise talk "hair."

OST Wig, Bandanna and Zombie Finger 9c055ca41044
Mojo Turbo
Mojo Turbo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

http://www.jacksparrowcostuming.com/

Back to top Go down

OST Wig, Bandanna and Zombie Finger Empty Re: OST Wig, Bandanna and Zombie Finger

Post  Mojo Turbo Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:18 pm

so .. just so we are clear. OST Checklist:

Zombie Finger
Silver Voodoo Skull Coin
Silver Key
Red ties
2 small wooden Tibetan skulls
Ethiopian Coptic Cross
Banjara Tassel
Hidden Mickey coin set (longevity lock coin & octagon bagua coin)
Feathers (x3)
Dread Cuff
Blue Wave Coin
Hemp Ties
Wooden Ring
Ghungro (gunagroo) "goli" bell and Arabic coin
Balboa coin
Rondelle bead (sprocket bead)
Broken wooden end
2 pya coins
vintage clock key
Roman coin
Button
Mojo Turbo
Mojo Turbo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

OST Wig, Bandanna and Zombie Finger Empty The Banjara Tassle

Post  Mojo Turbo Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:38 am

Here is a close up of a similar Banjara Tasssle

OST Wig, Bandanna and Zombie Finger Banjaranakletred1

Those of you scouring the net for this bad boy - search for an anklet or an arm cuff

OST Wig, Bandanna and Zombie Finger Banjaranaklet2
Mojo Turbo
Mojo Turbo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

OST Wig, Bandanna and Zombie Finger Empty Re: OST Wig, Bandanna and Zombie Finger

Post  ClownPrinceofCrime89 Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:49 pm

Also I think it should be noted: His bandanna is practically the same a CotBP, however it's folded differently so ONLY the floral pattern shows. Also, the reindeer shin fid is shorter (not exactly sure by how much though) than in the previous films.
ClownPrinceofCrime89
ClownPrinceofCrime89
Whelp

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinkxed Jack Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:38 pm

Yea, about that anklet in those photos.

Ahem...
OST Wig, Bandanna and Zombie Finger Banjaraankletfull_flash
OST Wig, Bandanna and Zombie Finger Banjaratasseldamage
OST Wig, Bandanna and Zombie Finger Banjaratasselsingle

It's the same exact one.

I had many requests for them over on KTTC and I ultimately decided on doing trinket trades, and I am still working out the specifics of who's getting them. But, they are basically all gone. Not all hope is lost though, I have another anklet coming and won't know for sure until I get it weather or not there will be some full tassels available to distribute or if they are the same design. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I am also working out a possible deal where I may get some recasts made of the metal part of the tassel. Then I can take a lot of the extra red fiber clumps and make "half" authentic banjara tassels for those that are interested.
Jinkxed Jack
Jinkxed Jack
Jack Tar

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCursed Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:31 am

Mate if you get anymore do tell. I'll do a trade/pay for one Smile Btw I thought the Tibetan skulls were yak bone? I have a bundle here that are yak bone/bone bone.
TheCursed
TheCursed
Mate

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:57 am

Who's doing the recast'n for you, if I may be so bold by ask'n??

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinkxed Jack Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:16 am

Sparrowed wrote:Who's doing the recast'n for you, if I may be so bold by ask'n??

Not "counting my chickens before they hatch" as the saying goes. So I'm waiting until they are in my hands before I give any details, which should be within the next couple of weeks if all goes well.
Jinkxed Jack
Jinkxed Jack
Jack Tar

Back to top Go down

Post  Mojo Turbo Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:10 am

just be careful who you trust....
Mojo Turbo
Mojo Turbo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinkxed Jack Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:45 pm

Jinkxed Jack wrote:I am also working out a possible deal where I may get some recasts made of the metal part of the tassel. Then I can take a lot of the extra red fiber clumps and make "half" authentic banjara tassels for those that are interested.

I have since decided not to go with this "recaster", too many bad experiences were shared with me from other individuals. Even though I was fully aware of his past offenses, just not worth the risk to deal with he who shall not be named. (It's almost a curse word around here lol)

However, in the near future, I may attempt to make some of these myself. I figure if I'm going to get into this Jack costume this intently, why not learn how to make an item or 2 to help fund my costuming needs?
Jinkxed Jack
Jinkxed Jack
Jack Tar

Back to top Go down

Post  liarr Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:58 pm

Can someone post a picture of that really busy looking button piece? I know its not just a button. Someone posted a picture of it before.. bounce
liarr
liarr
Mate

http://www.captainhenryspiratestore.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mojo Turbo Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:48 am

So in my searches I found another Banjara bracelet for sale on a site called Red Camel could be a good resource later - anyway it was sold.... mysteriously. So be on the look out for a Jack who makes an "incredible find." (ha ha).

OST Wig, Bandanna and Zombie Finger ZNnxu9Ghoxsl_UtIHEboO-4SLWTMAYonY_CKlIETOiWjTUaykkUjWnT2F_bUIqr_kzvnG2JvPxUi80Ujb_VWSBiy4t5lYtwreZ1r9eQ5RLkO5mJQTQPQXVUGOmPqnIDulEoL5SBcGiF-XkVQV7bOYVdyMVs_i2uunLHw421VuFjfp6iYjQ=s180-c

Any who, one of our Jack's was looking at the below picture and saw a shape beginning to take form - does this look like a dread tied to another dread? I noticed something like this on the DMC wig, so it may very well be - what say you?

OST Wig, Bandanna and Zombie Finger Tieddeadost

Last edited by Mojo Turbo on Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Mojo Turbo
Mojo Turbo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinkxed Jack Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:40 am

Mojo Turbo wrote:So in my searches I found another Banjara bracelet for sale on a site called Red Camel could be a good resource later - anyway it was sold.... mysteriously.

I have looked at that site before, but I can honestly tell you it wasn't me this time, lol. But I am curious to what it looks like, were you able to obtain the image of said anklet?
Jinkxed Jack
Jinkxed Jack
Jack Tar

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCursed Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:12 pm

I made myself a banjara tassle bouquet bloody..ruddy thing and am hoping to get some pics tonight. 3pc construction but it looks alright for what it is lol
TheCursed
TheCursed
Mate

Back to top Go down

Post  Cap.cristianSparrow Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:56 pm

im having a break.!!!!!!!! every day im fixing mod.. changing,, making etc etc etc...stuff on the heave ho wig.

for now.. NO MORE until im gonna have the blu-ray. finish.
Cap.cristianSparrow
Cap.cristianSparrow
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

https://www.facebook.com/groups/121361184599719/

Back to top Go down

Post  redsleighdown Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:52 pm

Cap.cristianSparrow wrote:im having a break.!!!!!!!! every day im fixing mod.. changing,, making etc etc etc...stuff on the heave ho wig.

He's gone mad. Get this man a blu-ray STAT!
redsleighdown
Scurvy dog

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCursed Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:28 pm

redsleighdown wrote:
Cap.cristianSparrow wrote:im having a break.!!!!!!!! every day im fixing mod.. changing,, making etc etc etc...stuff on the heave ho wig.

He's gone mad. Get this man a blu-ray STAT!

Aye aye Cap'n..*runs around arms waving frantically* lol
TheCursed
TheCursed
Mate

Back to top Go down

Post  Mojo Turbo Tue May 03, 2011 1:34 am

Mojo Turbo
Mojo Turbo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Capn_Jack_Savvy Tue May 03, 2011 8:21 am

GAH! Finally that bloody picture emerges complete. I have been searching for that one but the original that was uploaded was corrupt and repairing it didn't work because 1/2 the pixels were missing.

We can sort of see the "button dangle" but not in it's entirety.......
Capn_Jack_Savvy
Capn_Jack_Savvy
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Mojo Turbo Tue May 03, 2011 9:09 am

... is that what you are calling that weird boxy thing under the kuchi?
Mojo Turbo
Mojo Turbo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  pinder91 Wed May 04, 2011 6:51 pm

pinder91
pinder91
Cackhanded Deck Ape

Back to top Go down

Post  Mojo Turbo Fri May 06, 2011 12:28 am

Mojo Turbo
Mojo Turbo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  bperry Thu May 12, 2011 10:16 pm

Have you noticed when Jack is hanging upside down that his dangle stays on the bandana instead of flipping.
bperry
bperry
Bad Egg

Back to top Go down

Post  sithspadawan Fri May 13, 2011 2:21 pm

has anyone figured out how the get the blue out of the Bandana while keeping it so red?
sithspadawan
Eunuch
Eunuch

Back to top Go down

Post  pinder91 Fri May 13, 2011 3:17 pm

sithspadawan wrote:has anyone figured out how the get the blue out of the Bandana while keeping it so red?

I bought 2 bandanas from Swagarts last week.

The one on the left is after 3 bleachings (maybe 10-15:1), and a 2 minute bath in very thinned black with the smallest dash of brown liquid rit bath. The one on the right is untouched, fresh out of the package.

OST Wig, Bandanna and Zombie Finger IMG00570-20110513-1710

I was attempting to make a super faded DMC/AWE bandana, but it looks way more OST to me than my old banadana (which was going to be used for OST Jack).
pinder91
pinder91
Cackhanded Deck Ape

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next