The Brethren Court
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jack Sword & can be Sharpened! What do you think?

+4
adenry
Capt Jag
Captain McCool
LongJonSparrow
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Jack Sword & can be Sharpened! What do you think? - Page 2 Empty Re: Jack Sword & can be Sharpened! What do you think?

Post  Captain McCool Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:53 pm

That's interesting, because I've used Windlass blades in stage combat before and haven't had many problems. My only gripe is that the threaded nut holding the tang to the hilt often loosens with use, but this can be fixed, for the most part. Is that what you mean when you say the blade is separating from the hilt?
Captain McCool
Captain McCool
Pirate King
Pirate King

http://www.piratesofillrepute.org

Back to top Go down

Jack Sword & can be Sharpened! What do you think? - Page 2 Empty Re: Jack Sword & can be Sharpened! What do you think?

Post  Major Captain Jack Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 pm

It just feels wobbly in the gaurd. I can't find anything lose to tighten.
Major Captain Jack
Major Captain Jack
Mutineer

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain McCool Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:45 pm

How weird. Yeah, my old one gets a bit that way when the nut starts to loosen, but you can generally tighten it down with a pair of pliers. Still, a threaded pommel nut like that is always going to loosen, unless you weld it somehow. Some folks have recommended using Loctite on it, but I don't know how well that would hold up.
Captain McCool
Captain McCool
Pirate King
Pirate King

http://www.piratesofillrepute.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Major Captain Jack Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:41 pm

Success!

You were right, sir...the operative word however, was pliers. I felt the nut, but it did not feel lose to my hands. Once I broke out the pliers the nut turned easily and the blade tightened back up.

Live and learn... Laughing
Major Captain Jack
Major Captain Jack
Mutineer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2