The Brethren Court
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jack's sword (as of OST)

4 posters

Go down

Jack's sword (as of OST) Empty Jack's sword (as of OST)

Post  CJSFan Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:30 am

I did make this post down at KTTC months ago, though I may have forgotten to put it here...I dunno.
Anyways, check out this somewhat small issue...

I'm not sure if this matter has been solved or not amongst fans, but I thought I'd give out my little "discovery"...particularly for those who favored Jack's sword. We all know the story of Jack's sword. He wielded this weapon in his fight against Davy Jones, where it would be broken by Jones, later used for stabbing Jones' heart. But what happened afterwards?
Two theories stand out:
1. Jack keeps the sword and has it reforged.
2. Who cares? He got a new shiny sword.

Me personally, I will say I'm with the majority who says Jack reforged his...and now, with proof. Allow me to illuminate the possibilities as well as show my evidence. Again, as I stated above, we know the sword was cut and used to stab the heart of Davy Jones. It is possible that Jack could've left it be and gotten a new one. But then it would seem a tiny bit out of character for him to leave an important part of his effects(at least that's what I assumed while watching the Trilogy; I mean he couldn't even replace his hat in DMC).
However, as I stated, I believe Jack reforged his sword, particularly upon looking at the following two facts. First, the sword Jack uses in OST, while different, looks remarkably similar to the sword from the Trilogy. And second, probably the main headliner of the connection...Jack's sword from the Tortuga scene in AWE ending! Ok, I know what some may think, "That doesn't prove anything. He could have bought that sword."...well, that's where it can be contradictory with the following evidence:
That Tortuga scene was shot around the time the back-to-back filming of DMC and AWE started, particularly noted in the AWE bloopers(around 2:12 of the vid), where the clapperboard has this clear date: 4/6/05. Meaning...the cutting Jack's sword wasn't put into effect yet! Why would I think that? Because:
1. As the scene was filmed alongside the filming of DMC, the sword on Jack's belt in that scene is likely the full, unbroken or cutted, sword prop.(hello? *sarcastic* Rolling Eyes)

2. As many of us are aware of, during that time, the script was still being made. And I doubt seriously that the cast and crew had every single detail made at that point...especially a detail as small as a "will this person still have his sword?" Ok, this might be ruined by that they knew that Jack wouldn't have his piece of eight, but that's different matter entirely(unlike Jack's sword, his piece of eight was important Wink).

So there you have it. This is all the evidence I could provide concerning this matter on how Jack most likely reforged his sword. Bear in mind, this is merely what I think based on what was shown in the film-related material. But as no one clearly says "Oh, nice new sword" or something of the sort, I'd personally take it as a fact.

Take this from you will, but I hope everyone enjoyed my research...which some might call a heinous obsession. Suspect
CJSFan
CJSFan
Landlubber

http://pirates.wikia.com/wiki/User:J_Fan

Back to top Go down

Jack's sword (as of OST) Empty Re: Jack's sword (as of OST)

Post  Captain McAnen Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:38 pm

All Jack would really have needed was a new blade. The hilt and guard would have been fine.
Captain McAnen
Captain McAnen
Scurvy dog

Back to top Go down

Post  turner91 Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:45 pm

i agree i think as good a swordsman as jack is hes not likely to give up a good hilt hes had for years ghost stories
turner91
turner91
Bilge Swiller

Back to top Go down

Post  capt.J.j.sparrow Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:58 pm

wasn't his sword taken by a mermaid in OST?
capt.J.j.sparrow
capt.J.j.sparrow
Boatswain

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Captain-Jack-101/178129512224586

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain McAnen Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:07 pm

He has it ripped from him hand by a mermaid, but she tosses it, and if you look closely it is Jack's sword that Phillip picks up and stabs Serena's tail with, pinning her to the rock.
Captain McAnen
Captain McAnen
Scurvy dog

Back to top Go down

Post  CJSFan Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:25 pm

Captain McAnen wrote:He has it ripped from him hand by a mermaid, but she tosses it, and if you look closely it is Jack's sword that Phillip picks up and stabs Serena's tail with, pinning her to the rock.
Actually, if you look closely at Philip's sword(particularly from this moment), it has a different handle compared to Jack's sword.

Besides, according to the OST script, it was Angelica who found the sword and tossed it to Jack. That, and some one I know who was able to take a look at the Disney Second Screen feature saw a promotional image of said scene being filmed.
CJSFan
CJSFan
Landlubber

http://pirates.wikia.com/wiki/User:J_Fan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down