The Brethren Court
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Halloween 2011

+11
Shakey Jack
capt.J.j.sparrow
bperry
Captain McCool
Capn_Jack_Savvy
Jinkxed Jack
BroadSword
Jodo
SWAG ARTS
Epic Jack
Mojo Turbo
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Halloween 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Halloween 2011

Post  bperry Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:03 pm

I am going to Mickey's Halloween Party on October 28th. Without Pirates of the Caribbean open we are not having a Jack day but there should be some Jacks there.
bperry
bperry
Bad Egg

Back to top Go down

Post  Jodo Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:37 pm

I got my pelts from Swag Arts today!!!! So that means I'm "done"! Shocked

Now to weather some stuff, and finish out my wig!
Jodo
Jodo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Jodo Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:10 pm

(Hopefully) Will have time to fix my wig today....I need to be done for this Thursday, as it is dress up day at the college (So is Friday and Monday). My town's Trick-or-Treat is Friday, and as chance would have it...My speech class has a scheduled in-class speech that day. Therefore, I shall be dressed up as CJS for this speech. Laughing Shocked Laughing That will be pretty darn interesting. Suspect

So I have a busy schedule:

Thursday: College
Friday: College/Trick-or-Treat
Saturday: Hallloween Party
Monday: Nothing, because I have a Math test. Neutral
Jodo
Jodo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Mojo Turbo Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:20 pm

you will post pics....
Mojo Turbo
Mojo Turbo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

http://www.jacksparrowcostuming.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  capt.J.j.sparrow Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:33 pm

Mojo Turbo wrote:you will post pics....

as should most if they do anything interesting for Halloween?
capt.J.j.sparrow
capt.J.j.sparrow
Boatswain

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Captain-Jack-101/178129512224586

Back to top Go down

Post  Mojo Turbo Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:51 pm

Pillage

AYE!
Mojo Turbo
Mojo Turbo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Jodo Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:10 pm

Mojo Turbo wrote:you will post pics....

Oh yes, I shall!

I've got me wig on right now putting the OST upgrades in it. Suspect
Jodo
Jodo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Halloween 2011 - Page 2 Empty Four days . . . aaaaaaagh!!

Post  Shakey Jack Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:40 am

Along with the pistols mods, I figured it would be "fun" to go for a "SA" Cannibal Jack Headdress crown thingy. Saturday: So whilst her indoors was making marzipan toes AND watching X factor, I made a start on knocking a sheet of rabbit hutch grade chicken wire into the "sack of tatties" (you say potatoes I say spuds/tatties) shaped headgear. Once I'd grappled with the shape having poured over the mere two minutes of screen time allotted to such triumphant edifice I bravely began to form the object-that-can't-be-drawn. Underneath those feathers skull and grasses is a beautifully constructed form, something like a tilted chefs hat I now refer to as the muffin top.

Photos WILL follow along with some pointers to construction which, I'm pleased to say, has actually gone very well. Monday was spent forming rib bones, vertebrae, ray fish, lizard leg and two ears from Sculpey ( Love it!) Not too much documentation on the net concerning some of the other effects, after the 100th watch, I spot the SEAHORSE, has anyone else identified this or any of the adornments on the blind side, ie. Jacks left ear and behind?

Shakey Jack
Shakey Jack
Galley Slave

Back to top Go down

Post  Mojo Turbo Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:39 pm

yea, notice how his fid and pony tail STILL stick out of the crown?

http://jacksparrowcostuming.wikispaces.com/file/view/CannibalCrownRefs.jpg
Mojo Turbo
Mojo Turbo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Shakey Jack Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:12 am

Now you point it out, yes I'd seen the needle position but not registered that it makes no sense. Since the gold "snake" wrap will be attached pretty snug to the hat, there is going to be no room to feed it through, and I want the crown to be a seperate piece from the wig, so, let's just keep it to ourselves Mojo. wink wink
Shakey Jack
Shakey Jack
Galley Slave

Back to top Go down

Post  Mojo Turbo Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:10 pm

dont think I am going to weather my frock this close to Halloween. If I screw it up, I won't forgive myself. Better to wait... so I think I am done. This will be the first year as Jack with a Frock coat, Swagarts Fid, Swagarts beard, ACME sash and I redyed my pants for the bazillionth time.

Mojo Turbo
Mojo Turbo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  bperry Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:21 am

I don't own a frock coat in Southern California I don't think that I would use it much. It does add variety to the costume.
bperry
bperry
Bad Egg

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Halloween 2011 - Page 2 Empty Halloween fun and games

Post  Shakey Jack Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:09 pm

Had more fun in this understated version of our hero, added two hours to normal dressing up time, I thought the wig was hot, try more hotter and heavy t'boot. Went down well at the party (another first prize, yawn) and freaked out many a strumpet with the second set of eyes and the edible toes! few more pics on "show off me stuff" section or whatever it's called, enjoy!

ARCHIVE: Halloween 2011 - Page 2 Cannibaljack138
Shakey Jack
Shakey Jack
Galley Slave

Back to top Go down

Post  bperry Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:31 am

The cannibal costume looks awesome!
bperry
bperry
Bad Egg

Back to top Go down

Post  pinder91 Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:58 pm

Jack did much better this year. Unfortunately, I had zero OST upgrades (no thanks to a certain J***y... long story), but it was a good time on Thursday. 5 weeks of beard growth disappeared shortly after.

Anyway, here I am standing at the bar before the contest.
ARCHIVE: Halloween 2011 - Page 2 Jack

And after the contest (which I completely cleaned house in Smile ) once I got my prize home. A mini fridge full of Monster.
ARCHIVE: Halloween 2011 - Page 2 Winner

It was a great time, and the prize turned out to be a lot better than the $250 the same bar gave away the next night. Lots of photos with all sorts of Jack fans helps a pirate feel appreciated.

Now I just need to stock up on the liquor to go with all my free mixers. Thankfully I still have my college liver. Laughing

pinder91
pinder91
Cackhanded Deck Ape

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Halloween 2011 - Page 2 Empty Halloween shinanegans

Post  Shakey Jack Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:15 pm

Nice work Pinder, yeah I cleaned up too, on Saturday night. Left the tin of sweets at the party and graciously handed back the trophy "for next year" to my host, doh!
Oh and then on tonight's pub crawl, turned up at a town centre boozer just before last orders at the exact moment that the DJ called everyone in fancy dress onto the floor, before I realised what was happening I was herded by half a dozen strumpet screaming "Jack Sparrow!" (there's a Captain in there luv) to the front wherupon said DJ pronounced your hero the winner . . . you should've seen the look on the vamp totty that thought she had it in the bag!
And that's when they made me their Chief ![(made hasty retreat) so my friend, I have no booty to show for my efforts, and for that I take my (hot and heavy) hat off to your most profitable endeavours. img]https://2img.net/h/i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h462/peregrinepickle/cannibaljack233.jpg[/img]
Shakey Jack
Shakey Jack
Galley Slave

Back to top Go down

Post  adenry Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:30 am

Great stuff mates! I love parties, Jacks all around!
I won a contest too, here's what I got:
ARCHIVE: Halloween 2011 - Page 2 P1160770p
Shiny!
adenry
adenry
Landlubber

Back to top Go down

Post  pinder91 Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:14 am

I'm glad to hear we did so well this year. It's a lot more fun when Jack is "relevant" again.
pinder91
pinder91
Cackhanded Deck Ape

Back to top Go down

Post  bperry Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:34 pm

I never entered a costume contest with prizes. The mini fridge is a cool prize!
bperry
bperry
Bad Egg

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Halloween 2011 - Page 2 Empty Jodo's Halloween Breakdown

Post  Jodo Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:05 am

Well, the "good" Holiday Season is now behind us. I do believe it has been my best one yet. I've done other "big impressive costumes", but each had the freaky factor, while CJS is more of a sex symbol, savvy? I knew, or though, anyway, that I would be more in demand for pictures, but OMG, I had no idea what I was in store for.

A few weeks ago I suited up and went to a party that was put on by our high school. Not very many people showed up, but an excellent time was had, enspecialy after we left and went to Walmart.

ARCHIVE: Halloween 2011 - Page 2 297361_2236562870728_1147668133_32172695_189637117_n

Thursday was our first dress up day at the college. Because of the horrible chairs in our labs, I knew I couldn't wear the entire deal, so I settled for wearing just the wig. I however maintained the persona of Jack, and still did the walk, and talk. I found two things out that day. The college girls are dirtier than I ever anticipated, and people don't really even pay attention to costumes.

ARCHIVE: Halloween 2011 - Page 2 10-28-10

The next day, Friday was my informative speech infront of 20 some people. I had switched back and forth between my original intended speech on brain freezes, and just general information on the costume itself, which I knew I would wear to the speech. I decided the night before, 12 hours before the speech, that I would re-write my original speech, do it in the pace of Jack Sparrow, and give Jack several jokes to use through out the speech. Some of the same people took my picture this day, as I was in full regale.

That night, for my town, is Trick-or-Treat, so children aren't up on school nights. We went downtown, took my sister T-o-T'ing, then stopped by my friend's house and checked out the other pirates there, then headed home to hand out candy.

ARCHIVE: Halloween 2011 - Page 2 10-29-11

Saturday, my town has children's parade, which I always crash and walk in, a Fall Fest, and a large parade. My family geared up, and we went out on the town. It was an amazing time. I've never seen women react to something, let alone a person the way they did. It was hillarious, and I enjoyed every moment of it. (I'm egotistical like that)

ARCHIVE: Halloween 2011 - Page 2 10-29-10

Sunday, I went to church, and soon there after geared up again, one last time, to go to a Halloween party. I rushed to put everything on, and was soon out the door and on my way. There were more pirates there, as well as my friend in her HP costume, who I grabbed some pics. with.

ARCHIVE: Halloween 2011 - Page 2 10-30-11
Jodo
Jodo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Jodo Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:12 am

I also finally got some "completed" pictures taken...But Lord knows that we're never done, right? Wink (And I know, I know, I'm clean! I never did weather evrything anymore! Suspect )

ARCHIVE: Halloween 2011 - Page 2 10-21-2011041A
ARCHIVE: Halloween 2011 - Page 2 10-21-2011024A
ARCHIVE: Halloween 2011 - Page 2 10-21-2011027A
ARCHIVE: Halloween 2011 - Page 2 10-21-2011028A
ARCHIVE: Halloween 2011 - Page 2 10-21-2011037A

So over the 4 day "Halloween extended weekend", I put almost 35 hours into being Captain Jack Sparrow. I was exhausted by the 31st, and sadly didn't even do anything. Which is suiting, because we don't have anything going on the 31st anyway. I actually had a Math test that day, that I wish I would of ditched, because I was so tired I couldn't think straight. Neutral Oh well, it's in the past now! I'll actually get it back in a few hours to see how I did. LOL...

Also, I picked up more stalkers in this costume than anything else I've done. I got some dude's phone number, and I've had more friend requests in the past few days than I've had in a month. Laughing

Either way, I had a wonderful time, and it sure is weird to go back to being "normal". No 100% attention from the ladies, no gasps of seeing Johnny Depp in a small town...I'm not going to lie...I miss the attention already. Laughing

Last edited by Jodo on Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jodo
Jodo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Jodo Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:19 am

Ahh, and I don't know if anyone can see it via this link, but I also did a little video on signing out....After 4 days of talking like Jack, you can hear that I'm even a bit raspy, as it were. But check it out either way if you'd be willing! Man I was tired that night. I got done with CJS at about 11:00, and then was up to 1:30, because a teacher decided a paper was due the next day, and I missed the notification on her website.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.206732446030367.45313.100000808395871&type=3#!/photo.php?v=267362063300738&set=vb.100000808395871&type=2&theater
Jodo
Jodo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Shakey Jack Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:17 pm

Well done mate, so you won a nun, a chalice and a strumpet! excellent work Jack. Hmmm that reminds be of a night in Barcelona . . .
Shakey Jack
Shakey Jack
Galley Slave

Back to top Go down

Post  Mojo Turbo Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:48 pm

You were awesome!
Mojo Turbo
Mojo Turbo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Jodo Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:16 pm

Thank ye sir! And I just got the paper this morning, to find I was in the weekly insert! So I made the paper! Cutlass
Jodo
Jodo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next