The Brethren Court
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MWE&D Adventures of Captain Jack - Flintocks

2 posters

Go down

MWE&D Adventures of Captain Jack - Flintocks Empty MWE&D Adventures of Captain Jack - Flintocks

Post  Captain Matt Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:01 am

FLINTLOCKS
Flintlock Mods - Scene I- The Arrival

MWE&D Adventures of Captain Jack - Flintocks Captm250

Jolly Roger

In the epic journey that I have been on since late May/June of 2014 to commandeer the best inaugural Jack gear that I possibly can given finances, time, and limited personal equipment for custom fabrication of my own, I must say that I have had great success in hunting for and securing treasures from the U.K.  Is it a bit of positive pirate karma that is shining down upon me? I like to think so!  I have managed to ship more than a few cuts of my Ebony 903 to some fine gents across the pond and a couple cuts to a certain talented tailor there as well.  Regardless, the trend continues in this latest chapter in my book of adventures.  

After successfully locating a couple compasses to begin working some cinema effects magic with, it was time to move on to the coveted Flintlock!  During my research I had the privileged of locating some authentic "Jack" pistols for sale privately and at auction.  3 to be exact - a set and a single. I had the opportunity to speak with the gentleman that was selling the single! It was a so cool to discuss an example of this almost mystical piece with someone that was holding it in his hands.   Stunning to look in the photos is an understatement and the thought of actually obtaining one.....intensely motivating!  One day...one day absolutely!  The detailed series of photos that I received of the pieces, combined with images of the screen used examples, will contribute greatly as I make my way thru the modification process.  

The single - This is actually an example made in Dublin (even more rare than the English versions of the same weapon of that era) Headlined as "A FINE & RARE DUBLIN HALLMARKED REVOLUTIONARY WAR PERIOD SILVER MOUNTED OFFICER'S PISTOL BY S. WALLACE, ca. 1770s"  - FINE INDEED!
MWE&D Adventures of Captain Jack - Flintocks Captma10

Detailed photos of the set of authentic (also non Perry) examples of "Jack" flintlocks!  Deeeelicious!

Stunning detail on the Grotesque mask butt-cap with a deeply embossed pug's face
MWE&D Adventures of Captain Jack - Flintocks Captm267

MWE&D Adventures of Captain Jack - Flintocks Captm268

MWE&D Adventures of Captain Jack - Flintocks Captm269

Motivated and driven to succeed in my quest for a plastic non MR version (given the rarity that they are seen for sale resulting in the ridiculous price if you do find one)  I went into image archive mode and came across some pirate toy sets that caught my attention - intently!   I clicked on one of the photo thumbnails and, like some of those I found in my search for compasses, I was redirected to EBay UK.  There I found a couple auctions for the sets that included the toy flintlock that caught my attention.  

A number of you are most likely familiar with the brand Kidoloop and the certain toy pirate flintlock that greatly resembles the iconic pistol of the most famous screen pirates of all time and also strikingly similar to a previous generation toy that we are all very familiar with - ForZizzle!  For me however, this is all so fresh and new and when I looked at the photos I was excited and intrigued at JUST how similar this toy was to the Zizzle electronic version that is nearly impossible to find - in fact after further examination, it is the Zizzle with a few variations, such as the screw head holes being placed on the opposite side and molding the body in black VS Zizzles brown.  Other than that is it exactly the same thing.  

I visited the Kidoloop site to read more:

Kidoloop tagline and website

"Welcome to Kidoloop, a family operated toy business that aims to deliver you the highest quality and most innovative toys at the best rates you'd find!"
http://kidoloop.com/

Returning to EBay UK and motivated to move quickly, seeing as few of the examples that I found on EBay remained for sale at that time, I purchased not one, but 2 of the electronic lovely's for the rock bottom price of GBP 6.99 each.  

And so, without further adieu, a plethora of pictures of my 2 new gems that will soon be heavily modified into pieces of grand Jack Sparrow propaganda!  I cannot wait to get started on these and thank you to some of you that have been down this exciting road a time or two previously, I have plenty of resources to utilize should I come into a quandary!

Just in from across the Pond and gleefully unpacked!  
MWE&D Adventures of Captain Jack - Flintocks Captm251

Regardless that there is officially no written association with our fine Captain and the POC franchise, this image certainly indicates the reference with images of a Jack like POC Skull, complete with the piece of 8 and beard braids and beads, incorporated into some odd tribal graphic.  There is also the phrase "Simulating a True Style"... A certain Pirate style indeed, minus the cheap cliché eye patch and compass.

MWE&D Adventures of Captain Jack - Flintocks Captm270

Just out of the box and measuring roughly 13 inches of plastic flintlock glory
MWE&D Adventures of Captain Jack - Flintocks Captm252

Side by side comparison of an stock photo of the Zizzle next to my new arrival - the identical nature of their characteristics are obvious.
MWE&D Adventures of Captain Jack - Flintocks Captm271

Initial shots of some details
MWE&D Adventures of Captain Jack - Flintocks Captm256

Easily separated, I removed the glued in orange safety cap.
MWE&D Adventures of Captain Jack - Flintocks Captm254

Various Photos of the Pistol(s)
MWE&D Adventures of Captain Jack - Flintocks Captm257

MWE&D Adventures of Captain Jack - Flintocks Captm258

MWE&D Adventures of Captain Jack - Flintocks Captm261

For an inexpensive and unaltered toy, the details on the pistols are pretty stellar and will cater well to my planned modifications and enhancements.
MWE&D Adventures of Captain Jack - Flintocks Captm259

MWE&D Adventures of Captain Jack - Flintocks Captm260

Newly Vintage Effects
MWE&D Adventures of Captain Jack - Flintocks Captm262

MWE&D Adventures of Captain Jack - Flintocks Captm265

MWE&D Adventures of Captain Jack - Flintocks Captm263

Soon to be modified into a piece of Jack worthy prop art - I could not be more pleased with the base Kidoloop pistols!

MWE&D Adventures of Captain Jack - Flintocks Captm264
Captain Matt
Captain Matt
Ballast Pig

http://www.mattwigginsentertainment.com

Back to top Go down

MWE&D Adventures of Captain Jack - Flintocks Empty Re: MWE&D Adventures of Captain Jack - Flintocks

Post  DrJackSparlow Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:16 am

hahaha, I love that box.
"ONCE OWN, NOTHING CAN INSTEAD TO HAVE A UNIQUE NATION STYLE"
I'm still working on my Capt Jack Sparrow accent, and I think I've found my target catch phrase!
DrJackSparlow
DrJackSparlow
Rascal

Back to top Go down

MWE&D Adventures of Captain Jack - Flintocks Empty Re: MWE&D Adventures of Captain Jack - Flintocks

Post  Captain Matt Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:29 am

LOL - A drunken and memorable tag line indeed! LOL

I was discussing it with my girlfriend as well....like...uuuum does this make sense to you babe! Grumpy
Captain Matt
Captain Matt
Ballast Pig

http://www.mattwigginsentertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down