The Brethren Court
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OST Pieces of Eight aka Zombie Finger

+6
TheCursed
Mojo Turbo
GemsandKnots
MadSparrow869
Jodo
Capn_Jack_Savvy
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

OST Pieces of Eight aka Zombie Finger - Page 3 Empty Re: OST Pieces of Eight aka Zombie Finger

Post  Capn_Jack_Savvy Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:36 pm

Funny how the gummy bear SA looks a wee bit like me own even down to where the holes are drilled and the thread is fed through....?

Luckily that is my OLD version! Which you may understand why I don't like to post gigantic pics of my work nor close up pictures! :

I stick by my prices because it takes about a good 3-4 days straight to complete one of mine and that is with 24 hours curing time for the resin.
Capn_Jack_Savvy
Capn_Jack_Savvy
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

OST Pieces of Eight aka Zombie Finger - Page 3 Empty Re: OST Pieces of Eight aka Zombie Finger

Post  TheCursed Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:46 am

Why does the tooth root look so big? Are they really that big?..It seems smaller on screen when you see Jack i.e. not as fat but most are pretty chunky. Also, do you think a gold tooth cap will work? I covered the original one in gold leaf but am now thinking of getting a tooth cap so its shinier and more toothish size.
TheCursed
TheCursed
Mate

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinkxed Jack Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:11 am

Those tooth roots just don't look quite right to me, but his gold crown looks excellent as well as the rest....just the tooth roots bug me.

Oh and he has another auction for a POTC item...

here
Jinkxed Jack
Jinkxed Jack
Jack Tar

Back to top Go down

Post  Capn_Jack_Savvy Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:18 am

The tooth at the end of Captain Jack's bandana dangle actually is...........................
Spoiler:

The problem is it doesn't look like a tooth and that is probably due to the way the prop house made it or the way Ms. Rose did not like the way it sat on JDs noggin! Or even the way JD did not like the way it sat on his noggin.

Besides the point the tooth is actually slightly larger than the real deal because we have nothing to scale it to unless you get a hold of the actual prop. I scaled mine based upon the size of the flowers on the bandana. It may not be exact but it will suffice.

The roots are much larger because in other photos of Jack you can see the one on the right bends way out while the side view of the left side root are joined together.
Capn_Jack_Savvy
Capn_Jack_Savvy
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCursed Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:14 am

Can those lucky few who've seen the film already please tell me in a message or spoiler bar IF it has any special significance in the film. I had read by Cristian I think that the amethyst ring does but i'm dying to know about this ZF. Btw whoever that is m-v creations. I am so modeling my own off of theirs..that green tint is something we see on screen so it seems.
TheCursed
TheCursed
Mate

Back to top Go down

Post  Capn_Jack_Savvy Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:07 am

Well two people backed out (bloody pirates!) so I have two completed bandana dangles ready to ship for those that want one. PM me.
Capn_Jack_Savvy
Capn_Jack_Savvy
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3