The Brethren Court
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Been lookin at possible OST style base wigs on Ebay

5 posters

Go down

Been lookin at possible OST style base wigs on Ebay Empty Been lookin at possible OST style base wigs on Ebay

Post  Jinkxed Jack Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:03 pm

Found a vendor from Australia. They got some excellent looking wigs. I little pricey but not bad really. There are several I've been looking at to try and get the blond tips that are part of the OST style wig. The one that stands out the most is this one, but it might be a little too curly. I really like the blond tips though.

The other ones I'm looking at are:

here
here
and here

What say you?
Jinkxed Jack
Jinkxed Jack
Jack Tar

Back to top Go down

Been lookin at possible OST style base wigs on Ebay Empty Re: Been lookin at possible OST style base wigs on Ebay

Post  Mojo Turbo Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:59 pm

the last one labeled XXLong Tousled Side Part Wig Brown Blonde Tip looks good in my opinion.
Mojo Turbo
Mojo Turbo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

http://www.jacksparrowcostuming.com/

Back to top Go down

Been lookin at possible OST style base wigs on Ebay Empty Re: Been lookin at possible OST style base wigs on Ebay

Post  TheCursed Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:47 am

I think the long loose waves look good. In the poster(s) the right side of his hair flicks out like that wig.
TheCursed
TheCursed
Mate

Back to top Go down

Post  MadSparrow869 Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:19 am

last one most defiantly Blackbeard
MadSparrow869
MadSparrow869
Landlubber

Back to top Go down

Post  Mojo Turbo Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:03 am

wow, I would keep an eye on this auction

This one might be good?
Mojo Turbo
Mojo Turbo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

http://www.jacksparrowcostuming.com/

Back to top Go down

Been lookin at possible OST style base wigs on Ebay Empty Good base wig

Post  BroadSword Mon May 02, 2011 9:42 am

Salutations,
After kicking it around for months, I've decided go ahead and attempt to make my own Jack wig. After watching Undead Monkey's tutorials and talking to my wife who is pretty good with hair I think I can do this. I did couple searches and found some ebay links to base wigs. What I don't see is a resounding choice amongst you saltier dogs out there.

I've been a military reenactor for about 16 years in different time frames, so getting "right" is important to me. At this point I am just looking to make the wig and pick up a hat since I have ZERO leather skills. So can anyone help me out with picking up a base wig?? I was led to "Stylewigs" on ebay, but there are so many different versions. Can someone point me to an actual wig they have used themselves??

Thanks,
Marcus
BroadSword
BroadSword
Scurvy dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Jinkxed Jack Mon May 02, 2011 10:24 am

First tell us which movie style you are going for. A lot are going for OST right now, for obvious reasons.

In general you'd want a wavy style, not straight or curly for a base wig for any of the movie looks.

I haven't made my own, but I have been looking at the ebay seller "playwithhair" for an OST look. I look for their brown with blonde tips style wigs. They're roughly about $100 after currency exchange and shipping, so a little high, but they at least look good in the photos.

Jinkxed Jack
Jinkxed Jack
Jack Tar

Back to top Go down

Post  BroadSword Mon May 02, 2011 10:36 am

I think I will start with the DMC/AWE seeing that I'm a beginner and there is more documentation on how to do those.
BroadSword
BroadSword
Scurvy dog

Back to top Go down

Post  BroadSword Wed May 11, 2011 4:17 pm

I was going to start making a wig, but a deal came up I managed relieve a fellow board member of his Yordreem DMC/AWE style wig and it arrived today. So I officially have started my costume and the madness has begun. RUM ALL AROUND!!
BroadSword
BroadSword
Scurvy dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down