The Brethren Court
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OST Waistcoat Fabric

5 posters

Go down

OST Waistcoat Fabric Empty OST Waistcoat Fabric

Post  WakeJake Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:36 pm

Putting together an OST set and I am in search of the fabric for the waistcoat. I do not need to purchase the assembled vest (family member is a tailor)

thanks!
WakeJake
Galley Slave

Back to top Go down

OST Waistcoat Fabric Empty Re: OST Waistcoat Fabric

Post  Mojo Turbo Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:18 am

I personally have not seen the fabric to purchase, you can sometimes get it from the vendors themselves, but you'll need to ask them
Mojo Turbo
Mojo Turbo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

http://www.jacksparrowcostuming.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  WakeJake Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:44 pm

Alright, well nobody wants to sell me any. I guess that is fine. So I am going to go the DMC route. So, does anyone have a link to a fabric they've used for the waistcoat? Ive searched around and found some different linens, but they do not look as heavy as JDs vest.
WakeJake
Galley Slave

Back to top Go down

Post  liarr Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:02 pm

it's not that no one wants to sell you any, its that there ISNT any. If there were a source, we wouldnt be so dependent on when high end vendors have some made.
liarr
liarr
Mate

http://www.captainhenryspiratestore.com

Back to top Go down

Post  WakeJake Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:42 pm

Well, when I asked the vendors I got the reply "I do not sale the OST fabric separately."
WakeJake
Galley Slave

Back to top Go down

Post  Bilge Rat Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:14 pm

WakeJake wrote:Well, when I asked the vendors I got the reply "I do not sale the OST fabric separately."

That's because those vendors put a ton of research and development into the creation of the fabric, ( researched, dyed, and embroidered etc. ) There is nothing out there for a Screen Accurate OST look that one can just go buy over the counter.
As for COTBP/DMC/AWE you could use a European Linen in med wt. Blue Linen
As for the back fabric, again, you will not find the exact pattern, but hunting around you should be able to find something close.
If your truly set on OST then you might check ebay for a completed vest, I have seen a few ACME version 1's on ebay lately.

Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Boatswain

Back to top Go down

Post  WakeJake Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:32 pm

Bilge Rat wrote:
WakeJake wrote:Well, when I asked the vendors I got the reply "I do not sale the OST fabric separately."

That's because those vendors put a ton of research and development into the creation of the fabric, ( researched, dyed, and embroidered etc. ) There is nothing out there for a Screen Accurate OST look that one can just go buy over the counter.
As for COTBP/DMC/AWE you could use a European Linen in med wt. Blue Linen
As for the back fabric, again, you will not find the exact pattern, but hunting around you should be able to find something close.
If your truly set on OST then you might check ebay for a completed vest, I have seen a few ACME version 1's on ebay lately.

Thanks for the link. I think I am going to go with the Euro linen and experiment with adding some purple to it.
WakeJake
Galley Slave

Back to top Go down

Post  liarr Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:14 pm

This exists, if you weren't sure about any of the information given to you. http://jacksparrowcostuming.wikispaces.com/ Wink
liarr
liarr
Mate

http://www.captainhenryspiratestore.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CommadoreKyle Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:14 pm

lol I have a hybrid Jack costume and I bought a linen fabric and tan back from home goods or something along those lines just my two cents worth I also have an empire OST vest fabrics great.............same goes for there sash
CommadoreKyle
CommadoreKyle
Harbour Hog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down