The Brethren Court
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Palm Glove question

3 posters

Go down

Palm Glove question Empty Palm Glove question

Post  Bilge Rat Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:46 pm

Has anyone actually seen what the bottom of Jack's Palm glove actually looks like? I have seen many peoples reproductions, and all are different at the bottom, and am sure all are left to the artists own interpretation because we never get a full shot of it in the films. Just wondering if anyone has a pic of the screen used one not being worn, but just layed out on display.
 Pirate Book  I have looked everywhere and come up empty handed!
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Boatswain

Back to top Go down

Palm Glove question Empty Re: Palm Glove question

Post  Captain McAnen Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:56 pm

I couldn't find the clip on youtube, but in the Jack Sparrow From Head to Toe featurette on the Dead Man Chest DVD/blu-ray Penny Rose can be seen holding it along with Jack's wrist wrap while she talks about the costume. You don't get a great look at it, but it is obvious in the video that it has straps that wrap around the wrist and are tied. The ends then hang down below the wrist wrap, and can be seen at the beginning of DMC when Jack is going over charts in his cabin and complains "why is the rum always gone?"

Check out my blog post on the wrist wrap where I have a photo of mine as well as a close of Jack's showing the tied leather ends hanging down.

http://becomingjacksparrow.wordpress.com/2013/01/11/jacks-anna-maria-belt-and-leather-palm-glove/
Captain McAnen
Captain McAnen
Scurvy dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Bilge Rat Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:58 pm

Thanks,
That helps me some and gives me a start.
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Boatswain

Back to top Go down

Post  Capn_Jack_Savvy Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:14 pm

There are "bitter ends" on the straps that dangle from the wrist. Mine have rounded ends and I make them so that they can wrap around the wrist once and tied underneath. My design for the attachment of the wrist tie came strictly from a photo I saw of the CoTBP and DMC glove. Since it is covered up mostly in the movie by the wrist wrap I just use the same stitch design for all four movies.
Capn_Jack_Savvy
Capn_Jack_Savvy
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down