The Brethren Court
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OST Magazine Articles

5 posters

Go down

OST Magazine Articles Empty OST Magazine Articles

Post  Guest Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:50 pm

Disney Twenty-Three Magazine Summer Issue Hits Stands May 3

BURBANK Calif., April 20, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The summer issue of Disney twenty-three magazine hits stands May 3, filled with features that will take readers from the depths of the sea to the edges of outer space. In the swashbuckling cover story on Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, director Rob Marshall and actors Geoffrey Rush, Ian McShane and Richard Griffiths take D23: The Official Disney Fan Club into the action-packed world of the highly anticipated film.

The piece gives readers the inside scoop on Captain Jack Sparrow's latest adventure with an eight-page spread of gorgeous images from the film and fascinating nuggets from the set. Readers will discover what select cast and crew have to say about Johnny Depp returning to his iconic role; learn what inspired the screenwriting team behind the earlier Pirates films as they reunited to lace together legends of the fearsome Blackbeard, the Fountain of Youth and sirens of the sea; and uncover why director Rob Marshall says of the 106 days of shooting: "You're undergoing your own adventure as you're filming one."

http://m.prnewswire.com/news-releases/disney-twenty-three-magazine-summer-issue-hits-stands-may-3-120272689.html

Back to top Go down

OST Magazine Articles Empty Re: OST Magazine Articles

Post  Guest Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:08 am

June's Total Film Magazine

OST Magazine Articles Tf6t.th OST Magazine Articles Tf1lh.th OST Magazine Articles Tf2z.th OST Magazine Articles Tf3f.th OST Magazine Articles Tf4b.th OST Magazine Articles Tf5e.th

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparrowed Thu May 05, 2011 9:22 pm

OST Magazine Articles 0a395290

This Week's Cover: Johnny Depp helps chart a new course for 'Pirates of the Caribbean'

by Adam B. Vary
EW.com
May 5, 2011

Jack Sparrow doesn’t usually feel regret, though he does at times feel lost. Fans of the devil-may-care seafarer may know what it’s like to be there with him.

In this week’s cover story, EW looks at how the fourth film in the Pirates of the Caribbean mega-franchise, On Stranger Tides (out May 20), attempts to reverse course from the previous two installments and return to the stand-alone spirit of the original. “I felt if we were going to do a 4, that more than anything we owed the audience a fresh start, without all the complicated mathematics of 1 colliding with 2 and 2 colliding with 3,” Depp says. “I felt like it was important to eliminate as many complications as possible.”

The Pirates series has earned $2.6 billion in worldwide box office alone (not counting home video, theme park and merchandising bonanzas), and Depp himself pocketed between $32 million and $35 million, according to estimates, for agreeing to a fourth. For the fans who have stuck with the franchise all this time, he says he wanted this one to be a better movie.

“They had to invent a trilogy out of nowhere,” he says of the previous films. “It was plot driven and complicated. I remember talking to [Gore Verbinski, director of the first three films] at certain points during production of 2 or 3, and saying: ‘I don’t really know what this means.’ He said, ‘Neither do I, but let’s just shoot it.’ This guy is this guy’s dad, and this guy was in love with this broad. It was like, ‘What?’”

As for Depp’s feelings about parts 2 and 3? “To be perfectly honest, I didn’t see them,” says the star. “I did see the first one. I have not seen the second one or the third one.”

To be fair, he tends not to watch himself onscreen anyway, but maybe Pirates 4 will get him to take a peek again?

For more on Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, including Johnny Depp’s guide to Captain Jack’s style, pick up the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly, on stands Friday, May 6.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/05/05/this-weeks-cover-johnny-depp-pirates-of-the-caribbean/
Sparrowed
Sparrowed
Strumpet
Strumpet

Location : At some sort of high toned and fancy to do up at the Fort

http://pinterest.com/sparrowedx/

Back to top Go down

Post  aelyn000 Thu May 05, 2011 10:08 pm

Sparrowed wrote: ‘I don’t really know what this means.’ He said, ‘Neither do I, but let’s just shoot it.’ This guy is this guy’s dad, and this guy was in love with this broad. It was like, ‘What?’”

Dear Johnny,
Bootstrap Bill is Will Turners father, and Davy Jones was in love with Tia Dalma/Calypso.

It really isn't that complicated! Surprised

Sincerely,
#1 Wench

----

Is it bad that I could tell what they were talking about? Laughing
aelyn000
aelyn000
Strumpet
Strumpet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparrowed Fri May 06, 2011 7:17 pm

aelyn000 wrote:
#1 Wench

*raises eyebrow*

The June 2011 issue of Sci Fi and it has Johnny and Penelope on the cover, Jack on the contents page and a 6 page article Jack is Back

OST Magazine Articles SciFiMagJune2011webcopy
Sparrowed
Sparrowed
Strumpet
Strumpet

Back to top Go down

OST Magazine Articles Empty EW: How to build a better pirate...

Post  Mojo Turbo Sun May 08, 2011 9:29 pm

OST Magazine Articles EW-1154-COVER_300

Ok, who has this?
Mojo Turbo
Mojo Turbo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

http://www.jacksparrowcostuming.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  bperry Thu May 12, 2011 7:19 pm

I have the Enertainment Weekly magazine. I need to pick up the Sci fi magazine. The next Pirates magazine is coming on May 20th.
bperry
bperry
Bad Egg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparrowed Sun May 15, 2011 12:19 pm

This Week's Cover: Johnny Depp helps chart a new course for 'Pirates of the Caribbean'

by Adam B. Vary
EW.com
May 5, 2011

Jack Sparrow doesn’t usually feel regret, though he does at times feel lost. Fans of the devil-may-care seafarer may know what it’s like to be there with him.

In this week’s cover story, EW looks at how the fourth film in the Pirates of the Caribbean mega-franchise, On Stranger Tides (out May 20), attempts to reverse course from the previous two installments and return to the stand-alone spirit of the original. “I felt if we were going to do a 4, that more than anything we owed the audience a fresh start, without all the complicated mathematics of 1 colliding with 2 and 2 colliding with 3,” Depp says. “I felt like it was important to eliminate as many complications as possible.”

The Pirates series has earned $2.6 billion in worldwide box office alone (not counting home video, theme park and merchandising bonanzas), and Depp himself pocketed between $32 million and $35 million, according to estimates, for agreeing to a fourth. For the fans who have stuck with the franchise all this time, he says he wanted this one to be a better movie.

“They had to invent a trilogy out of nowhere,” he says of the previous films. “It was plot driven and complicated. I remember talking to [Gore Verbinski, director of the first three films] at certain points during production of 2 or 3, and saying: ‘I don’t really know what this means.’ He said, ‘Neither do I, but let’s just shoot it.’ This guy is this guy’s dad, and this guy was in love with this broad. It was like, ‘What?’”

As for Depp’s feelings about parts 2 and 3? “To be perfectly honest, I didn’t see them,” says the star. “I did see the first one. I have not seen the second one or the third one.”

To be fair, he tends not to watch himself onscreen anyway, but maybe Pirates 4 will get him to take a peek again?

For more on Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, including Johnny Depp’s guide to Captain Jack’s style, pick up the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly, on stands Friday, May 6.

Sparrowed
Sparrowed
Strumpet
Strumpet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparrowed Sun May 15, 2011 1:01 pm

Sparrowed
Sparrowed
Strumpet
Strumpet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparrowed Mon May 16, 2011 10:45 am

We would never question the authenticity of Captain Jack’s wardrobe, especially since Johnny Depp himself described it in such elaborate detail for last week’s cover story. But we’re not Dave Nichols, editor of Pirates Magazine, who wrote us to point out some additional technical specifications.
“As the editor of Pirates Magazine and an expert on all things piratical, I have to let your readers know that Johnny Depp left out a few interesting facts about his new, improved Jack Sparrow costume.

OST Magazine Articles Depp-1

1. The deer bone seen holding his ponytail on the right side of his head is a shinbone from a reindeer that has been carved into a marlinspike or “fid” and is used to mend sails and rigging.
2. The bird foot hanging from his Anna Maria belt together with the piece of fish vertebrae and mermaid is a talisman to ward off evil. Sailors were extremely superstitious and often picked up such “gris-gris” while in exotic ports.
3. The pelts hanging at his right side are not rabbit, but are the hind legs and feet from a red fox. Sailors often wore such pelts to draw vermin from their bodies. Once the pelts were full of ticks, fleas, mealworms and maggots, they were discarded.
4. It is also interesting to note that Johnny’s famous dreadlock wig is entirely new for POTC IV, has been partially bleached by the sun and saltwater and includes all sorts of new trinkets he picked up on his adventures. These include coins from many lands, a tiny ivory skull, a handcuff key and a tassel from a belly dancer. Much of what is found in Jack’s hair could be bartered or traded when in a tight spot. Jack’s hair is truly his treasure.
5. Captain Sparrow has also added a new Queen Anne pistol in his sash to go along with his famous, period-correct Perry of London flintlock.
6. As for Jack’s rings, real sailors and pirates would only wear such finery when in port since pulling lines on a sailing vessel would tear them right off, savvy?
Sparrowed
Sparrowed
Strumpet
Strumpet

Back to top Go down

Post  Mojo Turbo Mon May 16, 2011 10:53 am

great post Sparrowed
Mojo Turbo
Mojo Turbo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparrowed Mon May 16, 2011 12:53 pm

^^ You're welcome.
Sparrowed
Sparrowed
Strumpet
Strumpet

Back to top Go down

Post  Mojo Turbo Mon May 16, 2011 1:00 pm

Spoiler:

link: http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/05/14/capt-jack-sparrow-pirate/
Mojo Turbo
Mojo Turbo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparrowed Sun May 22, 2011 3:24 pm

Terry talks CJS

From Empire Magazine.

For many years cinema's high seas were still. Douglas Fairbanks, Errol Flynn and Tyrone Power's legendary screen brigands had long-since departed to Davy Jones' locker and Hollywood's pirate spectaculars mothballed on a Burbank backlot. Then Jack Sparrow happened. Initially a sozzled cameo inspired by a Rolling Stone, Johnny Depp's legendary ligger has become the biggest selling point of the Pirates Of The Caribbean franchise. A bajillion dollars later, he's back for more piratical antics in Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. So what explains Cap'n Jack's enduring popularity? And just how pissed is he? Who better to explain the alchemy than the man who helped create him, Pirates co-writer Terry Rossio.

Johnny
"When Johnny Depp came to the role, his interpretation was a wholly amazing creation, because you just couldn't anticipate the addition of the drunkenness or the insanity or the almost ambiguous sexuality. His embracing of the wordplay took it to a whole different level: it's less subtle, but so theatrical and flamboyant."

His Swagger
"This comes from the belief that he's in tune with some aspects of the world that nobody else is, and that's what makes him frustrating. Barbossa is fascinated by Jack because he has some kind of power that you can't defeat. It's like trying to slash a sword through smoke."

His Dodgy Morality
"The Pirates films are morality plays in a sense, summarised by Jack's line, 'There's what a man can do, and what a man can't do.' You're always grappling with situational ethics, who to root for. You can be in favour of a bad man if he's facing a worse man; you can be against a good man if he's at odds with a better man."

He's Not The Lead Character
"No iconic character has ever been embraced without a straight man. In Pirates, you had to have Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley. If they don't play it straight, Johnny Depp can't do what he did. It would make as little sense to do a Jack Sparrow sequel as it would to make a second Lord Of The Rings film about Gandalf."

He's Bugs Bunny
"In the French Comedia dell'Arte, traditionally the real hero is the tricky servant, who kind of winks at the audience and knows what's happening. Another inspiration was the Native-American Indian concept of 'The Trickster', who upends everything, and whatever you think the plot is, the plot isn't. The closest that we had in the American tradition was Bugs Bunny. The fascinating thing about The Trickster is that things don't always go well for him, but he has enormous faith that if he just hangs in there, reality itself will come to his aid."

OST Magazine Articles C254f1a1

http://www.empireonline.com/features/five-reasons-why-jack-sparrow-rocks?WT.dcsvid=SilverpopMailing&WT.mc_id=052011%20newsletter%20%281%29

Sheesh... At least they could have used an OST image...
Sparrowed
Sparrowed
Strumpet
Strumpet

Back to top Go down

OST Magazine Articles Empty Penelope on the cover of Vogue: on Pirates, Johnny, and life. A fun interview for Angelicas to read!!!

Post  Lunesca Thu May 26, 2011 12:59 pm

OST Magazine Articles 252112_520086417456_196501009_30552421_2901119_n

“A lot of things can be said about this creature Penélope Cruz,” Depp says. “None of them are bad.” He calls her a “one-off,” “magnificent,” and “magical.”
“She’s the dysfunctional Bacall to my twisted Bogart,” Depp continues. “She’s the otherworldly Scarlett to my clueless Rhett. She’s the. . . .” He pauses. “Well, she’s Ricky to my Lucy.”

Read the whole article here

Hope you like it. This woman is completely zany and incredibly funny. Girl Skull
Lunesca
Lunesca
Strumpet
Strumpet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparrowed Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:35 pm

Can't open the link to the article because of my dumbphone.

OST Magazine Articles Compasscover
Sparrowed
Sparrowed
Strumpet
Strumpet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down