The Brethren Court
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(((( RATE THE MOVIE ON A SCALE OF 1-10 ))))))

+2
Omel
Mojo Turbo
6 posters

Go down

(((( RATE THE MOVIE ON A SCALE OF 1-10 )))))) Empty (((( RATE THE MOVIE ON A SCALE OF 1-10 ))))))

Post  Mojo Turbo Thu May 25, 2017 3:51 pm

It only got a 31% on Rotten Tomatoes

Average Rating: 4.6/10
Reviews Counted: 110
Fresh: 34
Rotten: 76

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/pirates_of_the_caribbean_dead_men_tell_no_tales/
Mojo Turbo
Mojo Turbo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

http://www.jacksparrowcostuming.com/

Back to top Go down

(((( RATE THE MOVIE ON A SCALE OF 1-10 )))))) Empty Re: (((( RATE THE MOVIE ON A SCALE OF 1-10 ))))))

Post  Omel Sun May 28, 2017 7:06 pm

i'd personally give it a rating waaaay higher than 31%...sure it didnt fully live up to the hype generated by the trailers...but one would want to see the new characters develop and the old ones to continue on for the next installment/s....ohh, on a sidenote ( possible spoiler to those who haven't seen the movie yet), i thought Jack got the compass from Tia Dalma?.......yo ho!
Omel
Omel
Rascal

Back to top Go down

(((( RATE THE MOVIE ON A SCALE OF 1-10 )))))) Empty Re: (((( RATE THE MOVIE ON A SCALE OF 1-10 ))))))

Post  Blade Savvy Mon May 29, 2017 2:22 am

It was an enjoyable romp. My only 'observation/comment' was that the pre-release messaging claimed that there would be a return to how Jack was in the original COTBP. True, we did see flashes of that old Jack, but there were many occasions where he actually portrayed the 'caricature' that many lookalikes have produced (if that makes sense?). Enjoyed it so I'm happy. I think some of the reviewers are reviewing JD's current public image rather than movie.... that's just my thought!
Blade Savvy
Blade Savvy
Bucko

Back to top Go down

Post  White Ocean Mon May 29, 2017 2:07 pm

I watched it today (I work at the cinema so got to watch it for free, harhar!) and personally I really liked it. I haven't checked any trailers etc before the release so I have no idea what the hype was like and what people might have expected and so on. I just personally really enjoyed it and would rewatch it anyday!
White Ocean
White Ocean
Scoundrel

http://www.inkandsword.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cap'n Mon May 29, 2017 7:25 pm

My daughter and I dressed up and went to the premiere. I bought tickets online a couple days before, and there was plenty of room left, pretty much got the seats front center, with lots of leg room. Upon arrival tot he theater, I was swamped with people wanting pictures, was finally able to get popcorn, and went up to the IMAX theater. It was only about 1/3 full. I forgot to get napkins to wipe the fingers after double butter, so I took another trip to the main floor and was again asked for photos. I made it back up fairly quickly, and had a few minutes before the movie.

I thought way too much was pre-released, I wondered if nothing would be a surprise to me. I didn't have to wonder long, for there was far more to the movie than I'd seen or imagined. Of course I'm a fan, so perhaps I'm jaded, but I really enjoyed it. I would rate it along the same lines as DMC and AWE, and better than OST. COBP is, I think, hard to beat, due to its original nature.

There were twists, turns, non stop thrills, and humor everywhere. I had hoped not to see too much hatter in Jack, and although I believe there was. Jack still starred wonderfully. I think his costume has suffered as of late, it's just far too busy, COBP Jack was so simple and elegant.

And Barbossa.... he has been the friend/villain in consort with Jack throughout the movies, but the ending of this one... gave the movie to him. I won't spoiler it for anyone and say why I think that, you'll have to see it and decide for yourself.

As for the popularity as rated by RT, I don't much care for them, they've been tremendously wrong before. Audience rating is 75% or better, so those numbers count more realistically, I would suggest is more inline, as with IMDB, it rates 7.2 out of 10 Box office... it has done well in it's first week in a sluggish Memorial Day weekend, and Wonder Woman comes out next weekend... that's gonna hurt.

Oh, and stay until the credits are finished, there's a next movie teaser!
Cap'n
Cap'n
Whelp

Back to top Go down

Post  Deagal Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:36 am

I've watched it on the realease day in our cinema and well...

- this will contain SPOILERS -

For me Pirates 5 is a good action comedy but not a pirates of the caribbean. It's worse then the fourth installment for me. Why?

- Jack Sparrow is NOT Jack Sparrow anymore. All the feminin gestures are completely gone. Lots of his catchphrases are gone as well. Their is not much of Jacks original wit and sharp mind left. He seems to be just drunk all the time in the movie. And I am not talking Johnnie. I am talking Jack. Of course the drunk Jack scenes are great in the other movies. But there was so much more to him than just being drunk and funny and having heaploads of luck in every situation. Jack always had a plan for everything. He was intelligent, eloquent and was interested in other people and had quite a strong moral compass in his heart. All of this is missing in DMTNT pretty much completely.

- Barbossa died for nothing. A kick in Salazars face should have been enough. There was no need for him to just let go of that chain.

- The movie is action and fun. Yes. But it's reduced to action and fun. Pirates was never really realistic, but this time they just made it ridiculously "epic". Like pulling an entire house through a city with a few horses, or navigating the pearl on the edge of the sea, without it falling down.

- Major. MAJOR movie mistakes. Jack got his compass from Tia Dalma. She said so in the second movie. But in this installment they show that he got it from the captain of another ship. What the? Then! Salazar comes free, when Jack gives away his compass. What did Jack do in AWE? He gave his compass to Will Turner! Was Salazar set free back then? No. Why? Besides: Jack would NEVER: NEVER NEVER EVER give his COMPASS AWAY FOR A BOTTLE OF RUM. Just not possible for me.

It's a pity. I had hoped for something better.

Greez,
Deagal
Deagal
Deagal
Galley Slave

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down