The Brethren Court
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good things come to those that wait!

+4
FleetStreetNightmare
HIGH5orDIE
Razorwid
Bilge Rat
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Good things come to those that wait! Empty Good things come to those that wait!

Post  Bilge Rat Sun May 25, 2014 1:35 am

I can't believe after a 5 1/2 year long wait, I now have it!  I purchased this Kuchi dangle years ago, ( the Mother of all Theme Park Kuchi's)  Made by the maker herself for all Disney Park Sparrow's and even the Jack Sparrow's in the Madame Tussaud's Wax Museums. Then difficulties arose,  and time moved on and I lost all contact with it's maker and never received the Dangle.   I had given up all hope of ever getting it.  Then not to long ago, a Facebook page showed " People I may know"  and low and behold, there she was in the very first box, just staring at me.  I sent her a message, and quickly had a response.   " OMG,  I remember you! I need to dig through some boxes, but somewhere I have your dangle!"
   Thank you Jack's Wicked Wench!  It was well worth the wait!

Good things come to those that wait! My_kuc10

Last edited by Bilge Rat on Tue May 27, 2014 12:33 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited to keep Christian at bay!)
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Boatswain

Back to top Go down

Good things come to those that wait! Empty Re: Good things come to those that wait!

Post  Razorwid Sun May 25, 2014 11:09 am

Shocked 
Razorwid
Razorwid
Landlubber

Back to top Go down

Good things come to those that wait! Empty Re: Good things come to those that wait!

Post  HIGH5orDIE Sun May 25, 2014 2:51 pm

Nice! Can I take credit for reminding you LOL
HIGH5orDIE
HIGH5orDIE
Mate

Back to top Go down

Post  FleetStreetNightmare Sun May 25, 2014 6:18 pm

Looks great! Really wish whoever it was you got the dangle from would sell those end pieces hanging off the coin. I need accurate danglies for the end of mine.
FleetStreetNightmare
FleetStreetNightmare
Mate

Back to top Go down

Post  Cap.cristianSparrow Sun May 25, 2014 7:11 pm

( the Mother of all Kuchi's) Made by the maker herself for Jack in Curse of the Black Pearl, all Disney Park Sparrow's and even the Jack Sparrow's in the Madame Tussaud's Wax Museums

Jack in Curse of the Black Pearl,??????? NO way. this kuchi is over sized and the cube bead has not 4 designs on it.

Cap.cristianSparrow
Cap.cristianSparrow
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

https://www.facebook.com/groups/121361184599719/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bilge Rat Sun May 25, 2014 8:22 pm

I'm not saying the one shown is the one from COTBP, only that She made those  ( Made by the same person) , and went on to make all the Disneyland Jack Sparrow ones, and the ones that are on display fromMadame Tussaud's wax museums. And the one I have is exactly like the museum and Disney Jack ones. If it's good enough for Disneyland and Madame Tussaud's then its more than good enough for me. The Kuchi coin on this dangle is only 25mm wide, not sure how wide the screen used on is.
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Boatswain

Back to top Go down

Post  Cap.cristianSparrow Mon May 26, 2014 3:08 am

she made that for what you said.. except for the movies screen used. as i said that kuchi is OVER sized nothing like the original.

Good things come to those that wait! Img_3310
Cap.cristianSparrow
Cap.cristianSparrow
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Bilge Rat Mon May 26, 2014 12:39 pm

What size is the screen used one? This one is one of the smaller ones I have seen. Its approx. 13mm x 19 mm in size.
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Boatswain

Back to top Go down

Post  Cap.cristianSparrow Mon May 26, 2014 1:00 pm

12mm X 15.7mm

Cap.cristianSparrow
Cap.cristianSparrow
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Bilge Rat Mon May 26, 2014 1:11 pm

Thanks! Wow that is small
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Boatswain

Back to top Go down

Post  Bilge Rat Mon May 26, 2014 3:10 pm

I stand corrected,  additional contact informed me she did them for AWE and DMC, Disney parks and Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum.  I stand corrected.
 She also sent me this!
   Good things come to those that wait! Seacoi10
 Back side appears to look similar, just not painted.
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Boatswain

Back to top Go down

Post  Cap.cristianSparrow Mon May 26, 2014 3:36 pm

SHE did not make anything for the movies. Screen used items.

HMS Creative Productions Inc made the pistol, buckles, rings , beads, and some accessories for the Disney parks. ( i spoke with them few years ago.. nice people but they dont sell anything,. , ,))

they dont have nothing to do with the screen used items.
even that coin you post is wrong.

Cap.cristianSparrow
Cap.cristianSparrow
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Bilge Rat Mon May 26, 2014 3:56 pm

Oh, you know her then?????  I never mentioned her name. You know for a fact that she did not work on the production of items for DMC and AWE? Yet you don't know of whom I speak.  I never said that my items were cast from Screen Used Items, Only that she made items for DMC and AWE and she does live in North Hollywood ,and did work for a production company and it might have been HMS Creative Productions,  I'll ask her and find out.  She did though in fact supply them for Disneyland and the Wax Museum. That I saw proof of over 5 years ago,  I know that part it truly correct. And just because HMS does not or did not sell anything does not mean that she could not have. I'm just glad that I got what I had paid for over 5 years ago. It's way better looking than most of the stuff out there available today in that department!  And she also worked on, and had access to screen used flintlocks that were cast in a rubber material, and she worked on those too. I saw photos of her with those in hand during production about 6 to 7 years ago.

Last edited by Bilge Rat on Mon May 26, 2014 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Boatswain

Back to top Go down

Post  Bilge Rat Mon May 26, 2014 4:01 pm

Deleted, because it just isn't worth it~

Last edited by Bilge Rat on Tue May 27, 2014 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Boatswain

Back to top Go down

Post  Cap.cristianSparrow Mon May 26, 2014 4:09 pm

again.
the item for the movies were make by a company in UK ( all the wig work.)
the buckles were made in UK and leather work.
i do have few screen used items i can post next to the Disney park items and they are not the same. specially over sized.

so dont tell me the stuff were made for the movies. or the person made stuff for the movies. THAT is NOT true. at all.

that company again : made reproductions of items for the Disney park , and madame tussauds . what part of this do you not understand?

Cap.cristianSparrow
Cap.cristianSparrow
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Bilge Rat Mon May 26, 2014 4:29 pm

I was told she made items for DMC and AWE, ( Which she did in fact do) also for the Disney Parks Characters, Animatronic Figures and Wax Museums. I never said my Kuchi was cast from a screen used item, but was the exact same as the Park and Museum items. She did work on DMC and AWE, maybe not the creation of the wig and buckle items, but she did work on the films and did make the prop pistols, that I know and have pictures of. And you still don't know who she is, and exactly what she has and has not worked on. You have no idea what was done here in the states and who worked on what, where and when. Just because wig work was done in the UK does not mean that nothing was worked on in production here.
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Boatswain

Back to top Go down

Post  Cap.cristianSparrow Mon May 26, 2014 4:42 pm

I was told she made items for DMC and AWE, ( Which she did in fact do
OK whatever you said.. BUT NO in any items of the jack sparrow costume.

also for the Disney Parks Characters, Animatronic Figures and Wax Museums

HMS Creative Productions Inc and another company which i cant mention made the costume. ( sithempire knows as well )

but was the exact same as the Park and Museum items. She did work on DMC and AWE

HMS Creative Productions Inc , also Tobby M confirmed that to me. he has the pistol rings and buckles.

You have no idea what was done here in the states and who worked on what, where and when. Just because wig work was done in the UK does not mean that nothing was worked on in production here.

well, sadly for you : i do know where the items were made.and i know who made them. i know who made the costume, i know know even who sew the buttons hole.. who worked on the leather work and buckles. who worked on the wig .. even who made the sash. My items came from these people.

and again back to your topic.
nice kuchi dangle. BUT over sized.
end.

Cap.cristianSparrow
Cap.cristianSparrow
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Bilge Rat Mon May 26, 2014 4:57 pm

Well  I think I'll go cry now because Cristian knows more then me and knows someone who can sew button holes!  I never wanted this to turn into a pissing match,  which Cristian seems to like to start. And I state again, you do not know her and have no idea of what every single person worked on  in the production of the movies.  No one can and no one ever will!
 I don't care if it's not Screen Accurate, it's still Disney Accurate and is 100 times better than anything out there available today....period!  I'm happy I got it, and I'm very happy its the same as the park used and museum used, and if I'm happy with it, then nothing else matters!
And here is a picture of the prop pistols that she made.
  Good things come to those that wait! Sparrow
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Boatswain

Back to top Go down

Post  Cap.cristianSparrow Mon May 26, 2014 5:16 pm

No one can and no one ever will!
again sadly for you.. yes we can  
ive got most of the call sheets ( day by day ) from  OST and  a lot from DMC AWE .
in there is showing specific : who is in the scene  and props/makers   with phone numbers.
once i know what company made the stuff, i contacted them.
Good things come to those that wait! Photo_12

Good things come to those that wait! Photo_13

Good things come to those that wait! Photo_14

"most screen accurate " is a word you guys really like to over used.
Cap.cristianSparrow
Cap.cristianSparrow
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Bilge Rat Mon May 26, 2014 6:59 pm

Nope, not sad for me at all, I don't care who sewed button holes, or whom was on set at any given moment, this to me and most is only a silly hobby that we enjoy, some are way too overly obsessed with,  none of us are Johnny Depp period! Just a bunch of pirate wanna bees and no one but ourselves are ever even going to notice that this or that item on our costumes( and that's all they are) is screen accurate or screen used, and deep down does not really mean a heave ho thing because non of us are the real deal. I do this for fun, and for charities,  I go visit sick kids in hospital and do fund raising events that is all, I'm not out there recasting this and that to make a fast buck, I'm just here for the fun of it, so don't try and take that way from me with your so called know it all attitude!  Will someone please lock this thread before all the fun is sucked away from costuming! And I've never used the term Most screen accurate, ....ever.  
 I guess I was misunderstood what she told me over 6 years ago.  I assumed  ( and we all know what happens when you assume something ) when she said she worked on set in DMC and AWE with some props, made the prop pistols and showed me the dangle that I just assumed she did both for movies, museums and Disney Parks So Sorry if I led anyone astray with my misinformation.  May the Costuming Jack Sparrow Gods forgive me! And please forgive my Ho Hum Not so screen accurate costume!

Anybody wanna buy a slightly used Theme Park and Museum Mostly Somewhat Accurate that are not RECAST Kuchi dangle or DMC AWE Buckle made by the same person that made them for the Disney Parks?  I guess they are not good enough to be good enough!
   I'm Done!Good things come to those that wait! White-flag2
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Boatswain

Back to top Go down

Post  Cap.cristianSparrow Tue May 27, 2014 2:13 am

excellent reply. i was right all the way along.
enjoy your kuchi.
Cap.cristianSparrow
Cap.cristianSparrow
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Mojo Turbo Tue May 27, 2014 6:08 am

Bilge Rat, glad you got your item from Darcy! She's a stand up gall - she made my Baldric buckle.
Mojo Turbo
Mojo Turbo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

http://www.jacksparrowcostuming.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  HIGH5orDIE Tue May 27, 2014 8:28 am

@Bilge Rat- Suff your shame in a sack cause that's definitely the most accurate dangle I've seen and would be proud to sport it in my wig.
And remember... despite his reproach, without obsessive passionate guys like Cap.cristianSparrow we wouldn't have the accurate information that we do.
All for the good of the community right?
HIGH5orDIE
HIGH5orDIE
Mate

Back to top Go down

Post  Mojo Turbo Tue May 27, 2014 2:03 pm

speaking of old schoolers like Darcy... I got my dangle from Ms Mazy back when he made other stuff
Mojo Turbo
Mojo Turbo
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

http://www.jacksparrowcostuming.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  FleetStreetNightmare Tue May 27, 2014 2:12 pm

He still makes them I think. I have one from Mazie
FleetStreetNightmare
FleetStreetNightmare
Mate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next